Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.3.3 + 16.3.3.1

[DE]Rebecca

"Vauban - Perpetual Vortex: Vortex's duration is increased by % for each additional Vortex thrown into the initial Vortex."

Isn't this going to incentive Vauban players to throw dozens of vortexes at the same spot, thus causing massive framerate drops?

Hotfixes are always nice, thanks DE.

Why bother adding an Excalibur Augment that will have to be changed later when you decide to release his remake?  Design Council came up with a lot of really nice Augments that would have been great for a situation like this, lol.

"Vauban - Perpetual Vortex: Vortex's duration is increased by % for each additional Vortex thrown into the initial Vortex."

Isn't this going to incentive Vauban players to throw dozens of vortexes at the same spot, thus causing massive framerate drops?

The Vortex will consume the Vortex thrown in.  It won't cause any framerate drops because there will essentially still be only one Vortex.

My game's visuals have become horrible directly after this hotfix. I see fuzzy edges, halo effect, tearing, screen stutter, and it basically looks like I'm playing the game through an old VCR tape cassette. I've never seen this before. Is this because I rolled back the OMEGA CATALYST DRIVER to a more stable release, e.g., not the latest drivers that caused me so many crashes? Help.

AMD Driver Issues:

If you are an AMD user who has experienced crashing, please note we have taken steps to ensure the game will run if we detect a driver version that is known to cause crashes. 

I'm on AMD GPU, didn't experience crashes, but had significant fps drops since u16.3. 

u16.3.3 - still have fps drops (nothing changed here) but can't switch DX11 back on so game looks less pretty.

Since my issue isn't crashing but fps drops (and that didn't change) can we at least have the option to switch DX back on ?

BTW, this Vortex aug... I will use Vortex and prolongate Vortex. OK! I do it all the time.

Why i should use this mod? To keep exactly perfect spot, or what? It sound stupid a bit.

No one will tell you how you should or shouldn't mod, it's up totally up to you, but it could open up alternatives to Duration mods on Vortex-focused builds if the Vortex feeds it's own duration on recast in a given position.

I haven't used it, I'll play around with it for sure, but 'on paper' that's how I'd approach it... to be continued.

Please discuss further here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/441735-new-vortex-augment-good-or-bad/

Edited by DERebecca

FIx manic!

Manics are very poorly designed at the moment, i agree. There's no individual counter to them - they either decide to jump on you and instakill you, or they decide not to. It's very binary and frustrating as a player when you're essentially tossing a coin every time you fight a manic. Add some counterplay to the Manics' warwick ult, this would make them a far more interesting opponent. Either do that or remove the ability completely because it only takes from the game at the moment.

Edited by Bulletmagnet_Potato

STILL no fix for:

1) Ash Bladestorm sometimes causing the player getting stuck levitating for the rest of the game.

2) Ash Bladestorm sometimes ending in a different location to where it started sometimes even outside the map.

3) Some Jupiter tileset rooms causing game to lag and pause (game freezing) for up to several MINUTES.

4) Grineer Manic spazzing and teleporting all over the place, drawing screen full of red lines (just from one manic, seriously?) and sometimes flickering between 2 or more spots, and sometimes getting stuck and immobile in their "invisible + red pixels of invincibility"-mode. Their AI just seems to lock up completely and they can't be even killed when it happens.

Which brings me to the latest tactical alert: It is always fun to fight a blitchy, buggy enemy that has an UNAVOIDABLE INSTA-KILL ABILITY, and can just decide to bug out and make the mission uncompletable. Even better if there are 70 of the buggers and you only find out that the last one is stuck in the "let's draw red lines all over the screen!"-mode outside the map after you have had to spend a few revives... NOT. DE, please test your code and enemies thoroughly before making it into a tactical alert. The last few ones have been pretty disastrous in terms of code.

Also, please remove the "revive tax" attack from Manics. It is incredibly cheesy and unfair as there is no way to counter it that at least I do not know of.

Edited by SoanoS

STILL no fix for:

1) Ash Bladestorm sometimes causing the player getting stuck levitating for the rest of the game.

2) Ash Bladestorm sometimes ending in a different location to where it started sometimes even outside the map.

Both of these are well documented and logged, I have no ETA on fixes but it's a very known issue.