Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] The Sanctuary

Konnstruct

I really feel it would change the entire tone of the game, we'd stop being mysterious forgotten space ninjas and turn into "lol my shoulder armor is so kawaii ~uguu does this mod make my butt look fat" standing around in our "super sekrit base city that has 20,000 guys flying in and out of it but the grineer and corpus never find it." It fits the lore much better not to have large gathering places like that; the shadow may strike anywhere, and is impossible to strike against.

Bro, read please, it's a quiet sanctuary probably hidden on an uncharted and remote planet. Not to mention the tons of different channels the server has, as to avoid overcrowding.

Your post did make me Lol though ;)

Edited by FrydHamstr

Bro, read please, it's a quiet sanctuary probably hidden on an uncharted and remote planet. Not to mention the tons of different channels the server has, as to avoid overcrowding.

I would say a medium sized station, close to the sun would make sense, as Mercury is our stronghold system currently (if you can call it a stronghold) keeping it close to the sun and saying the station is sheilded with advanced Cloaking tech would cover the backstory fine.... also it runs on the heat produced by the sun itself since there so close.... of course going outside without a ship would cause you to instantly fry.

Edited by STARSBarry

I would say a medium sized station, close to the sun would make sense, as Mercury is our stronghold system currently (if you can call it a stronghold) keeping it close to the sun and saying the station is sheilded with advanced Cloaking tech would cover the backstory fine.... also it runs on the heat produced by the sun itself since there so close.... of course going outside without a ship would cause you to instantly fry.

Ooh, not bad :O

The base might be cloaked, but you've still got those 20,000 guys on ships going back and forth leaving ion and radiation trails pointing straight to their destination. We're not using special ships, before you even suggest it; we're basically using the lifepods of the ships we're boarding to go from one mission to the next.

The base might be cloaked, but you've still got those 20,000 guys on ships going back and forth leaving ion and radiation trails pointing straight to their destination. We're not using special ships, before you even suggest it; we're basically using the lifepods of the ships we're boarding to go from one mission to the next.

hense why the position next to the sun would make the most sense since the sun produces more ionizing radiation than any other source in our entire solar system, it would be akin to hiding your trail in a river.

Edited by STARSBarry

hense why the position next to the sun would make the most sense since the sun produces more ionizing radiation than any other source in our entire solar system, it would be akin to hiding your trail in a river.

Yes, I understand what you're saying, but the radiation the sun is putting out doesn't just wipe out everything around it. Even if it did, you'd have basically a spherical area around the sun that would be a deadzone, and thousands of trails leading up to it and disappearing; this would tell anyone that there's a base near the sun. After that, it's child's play to scout it out. I really feel that any attempt at this is just going to involve a giant amount of handwavium used in its construction.

How about a dead planet with a base thousands of meters below the surface. Tenno teleport into the centre using their energy power and hook up to a machine to recharge/meditate. While hooked up they exist n a virtual construct that starts looking like the current training ground and can take on the form of various environments (work it into lore that it's for training purpose, to get the Tenno used to the environments they'll encounter).

Their energy powers leave no detectable trails as they're so advanced.

How about a dead planet with a base thousands of meters below the surface. Tenno teleport into the centre using their energy power and hook up to a machine to recharge/meditate. While hooked up they exist n a virtual construct that starts looking like the current training ground and can take on the form of various environments (work it into lore that it's for training purpose, to get the Tenno used to the environments they'll encounter).

Which particular dead planet in our solar system is going to serve as this base? What about the engine trails leading to this planet, and the ships left presumably on the surface while they teleport below? There's really no feasible way to write this in that isn't going to clash horribly.

Their energy powers leave no detectable trails as they're so advanced.

I really feel that any attempt at this is just going to involve a giant amount of handwavium used in its construction.

Which particular dead planet in our solar system is going to serve as this base? What about the engine trails leading to this planet, and the ships left presumably on the surface while they teleport below? There's really no feasible way to write this in that isn't going to clash horribly.

But they are more advanced. They can single handedly take out entire ships of the galaxies deadliest soldiers, it's not handwaving to suggest elements of their tech cannot be detected. And a skilled writer could make it sound plausible.

And maybe the Tenno have access to some kind of wormwhole tech, and can jump to another system where the planet orbits. Use your imagination a little.

All of this is perfectly in keeping with the nature of sci-fi.

Edited by Zakalwe

But they are more advanced. They can single handedly take out entire ships of the galaxies deadliest soldiers, it's not handwaving to suggest elements of their tech cannot be detected. And a skilled writer could make it sound plausible.

And maybe the Tenno have access to some kind of wormwhole tech, and can jump to another system where the planet orbits. Use your imagination a little.

All of this is perfectly in keeping with the nature of sci-fi.

You have left the lore behind and are somewhere where we cannot see you. The grineer are not the galaxy's deadliest soldiers, they're clones who are breaking down; they're also only mentioned as spreading across the "solar system", not the whole galaxy.. The Tenno have been in cryosleep for centuries, their tech is old and outdated. The corpus aren't deadly either, they rely on robots to fight for them as they are very squishy.

The Tenno's advantage comes from their training and focus. A heavy grineer unit has more health and the same weapons as the Tenno. Imagination is fine, but it's going to need solid ingots of unobtanium to make this idea work.

You have left the lore behind and are somewhere where we cannot see you. The grineer are not the galaxy's deadliest soldiers, they're clones who are breaking down; they're also only mentioned as spreading across the "solar system", not the whole galaxy.. The Tenno have been in cryosleep for centuries, their tech is old and outdated. The corpus aren't deadly either, they rely on robots to fight for them as they are very squishy.

The Tenno's advantage comes from their training and focus. A heavy grineer unit has more health and the same weapons as the Tenno. Imagination is fine, but it's going to need solid ingots of unobtanium to make this idea work.

Spreading across the solar system implies they're a threat. We don't know the lore yet, they could be the deadliest threat ever seen.

And Corpus are obviously deadly, it doesn't matter if they rely on robots they HAVE robots.

And we don't know how powerful all of these things, Tenno included, are in relative terms to the universe around them yet. So we can't say for sure either way. The Tenno are obviously powerful, and I don't know why the Tenno would be waisting their time battling a bunch of low level, non-threat, universe doesnt' even care about scrubs though, so I think it's pretty safe to assume these guys are pretty dangerous.

Ancient tech can easily out-do recent tech, Mass Effect, Halo, Ian M bank's universe... sci-fi has always had ancient civilizations with superior tech.

All of what I wrote is plausible, and if you worked with me instead of trying to win all the time we might even come up with some good ideas...

Edited by Zakalwe

Maybe a directly designated "Tenno Planet" isn't the answer. Maybe, instead of one "Massive" central hub, as players clear and finish missions/planets (Particularly the Extermination missions), safe zones temporarily appear as one of the nodes on the level select menu (say, over the course of 3 to 6 hours) . These safe zones would be places where Tenno would be able to come and sip mocha and all that lovely stuff during the quiet before the storm. Eventually, the alarms would activate, blaring that faction x is inbound to reclaim/destroy the "empty" ship, and all the Tenno have to haul &#!/disconnect from the Safe Zone, lest they be wiped out by faction x's members.

Only so many of these safe zones would be available at any given time so as to prevent them from taking over EVERY planet, but it would both enforce that feeling that the Tenno constantly have to be moving, else they'd be eradicated, as well as allowing these hub desirers the ability to congregate and show off their epic gear they've accumulated.

Besides, I may or may not want to be captain of a Grineer ship or something.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Spreading across the solar system implies they're a threat. We don't know the lore yet, they could be the deadliest threat ever seen.

https://warframe.com/game/race/grineer

And Corpus are obviously deadly, it doesn't matter if they rely on robots they HAVE robots.

https://warframe.com/game/factions/corpus They're traders.

And we don't know how powerful all of these things, Tenno included, are in relative terms to the universe around them yet. So we can't say for sure either way. The Tenno are obviously powerful, and I don't know why the Tenno would be waisting their time battling a bunch of low level, non-threat, universe doesnt' even care about scrubs though, so I think it's pretty safe to assume these guys are pretty dangerous.

Ancient tech can easily out-do recent tech, Mass Effect, Halo, Ian M bank's universe... sci-fi has always had ancient civilizations with superior tech.

All of what I wrote is plausible, and if you worked with me instead of trying to win all the time we might even come up with some good ideas...

Oh god, please please please tell me you're bringing up Halo and Mass Effect as joke examples of butchered storylines and cheap cop-outs and not as serious examples of good lore.

Every faction in this game is said to be human. The Orokin era was a time on Earth. There's no mysterious alien tech involved here, it's all humans. And everything the Tenno have/use/make is obtained from the existing factions they're fighting.

I am working with you. I am pointing out all the ways the base idea is flawed without a steady supply of nintendium. If you can't make it work, then the idea isn't going to fit in this setting.

Maybe a directly designated "Tenno Planet" isn't the answer. Maybe, instead of one "Massive" central hub, as players clear and finish missions/planets (Particularly the Extermination missions), safe zones temporarily appear as one of the nodes on the level select menu . These safe zones would be places where Tenno would be able to come and sip mocha and all that lovely stuff during the quiet before the storm. Eventually, the alarms would activate, blaring that faction x is inbound to reclaim/destroy the "empty" ship, and all the Tenno have to haul &#!/disconnect from the Safe Zone, lest they be wiped out by faction x's members.

Only so many of these safe zones would be available at any given time so as to prevent them from taking over EVERY planet, but it would both enforce that feeling that the Tenno constantly have to be moving, else they'd be eradicated, as well as allowing these hub desirers the ability to congregate and show off their epic gear they've accumulated.

Now this I like. Instead of a big city or safe zone, you have temporary areas cleared of enemy presence where you can catch your breath until your area is discovered/retaken. It would prevent an auction house from springing up, it would allow trade between players in a specific area, it would allow communication, and would feel amazingly dynamic.

https://warframe.com/game/race/grineer

https://warframe.com/game/factions/corpus They're traders.

Oh god, please please please tell me you're bringing up Halo and Mass Effect as joke examples of butchered storylines and cheap cop-outs and not as serious examples of good lore.

Every faction in this game is said to be human. The Orokin era was a time on Earth. There's no mysterious alien tech involved here, it's all humans. And everything the Tenno have/use/make is obtained from the existing factions they're fighting.

I am working with you. I am pointing out all the ways the base idea is flawed without a steady supply of nintendium. If you can't make it work, then the idea isn't going to fit in this

I used ME and Halo as they're examples of sci-fi that used ancient tech in the way I described and everyone knows them. You well read regarding literary sci-fi? The concept has been used by many well respected and genre defining authors.

The Tenno could easily have stumbled upon some ancient tech that boosted them somehow, this is Beta as you say it could be written in. They could easily be more advanced in certain ways.

Man, I don't even particularly like the idea, but it is perfectly plausible.

Maybe a directly designated "Tenno Planet" isn't the answer. Maybe, instead of one "Massive" central hub, as players clear and finish missions/planets (Particularly the Extermination missions), safe zones temporarily appear as one of the nodes on the level select menu (say, over the course of 3 to 6 hours) . These safe zones would be places where Tenno would be able to come and sip mocha and all that lovely stuff during the quiet before the storm. Eventually, the alarms would activate, blaring that faction x is inbound to reclaim/destroy the "empty" ship, and all the Tenno have to haul &#!/disconnect from the Safe Zone, lest they be wiped out by faction x's members.

This I do like. A lot.

Edited by Zakalwe

• 4 weeks later...

Actually from what you described, it would be the same like the Dome in Global Agenda (another f2p, simmilar to warframe).

Dome is so boring though, you can't even use your jetpack inside :< adding a couple of shops and whatnot just like in Dome might be a good idea though, making the Market more immersive, like some

s opened up shop for Tenno.

• 2 weeks later...

Basically everyone is now arguing on the logic on how a Hub for the Orokin would be able to be undetected by the Humans.

I find it silly that, being humans ourselves, are trying to figure out something that our descendents, the Grineer and Corpus, cannot figure out with their improved technology and techo-theories/theorems.

Lets just do something very simple...

(whips out a jar of space-ninja-voodoo-dirt)

...I got a jar of dirt~