The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee-related suggestion.

BearChan

Hi, I have an idea for a neat little add-on to melee combat.

The idea is, for a shockwave-type attack to be added onto both(?) the jumping attack, and the charge attacks-- for them to perhaps pass through enemies and objects alike to deal damage and knock enemies down. The thing about this idea though, is the Warframe MUST have a full power bar. This would give some incentive for players to use a little more tactics in combat rather than just power spamming until everything dies, and hopefully become more skilled as a result as well. Although, that is fun with Excalibur, I will admit...

Also, another reason why I suggest this is because it would also help melee attackers with enemies that are already downed.

(If this idea seems like it might be a bit too powerful, then perhaps it should be for the rare weapons only?)

And, maybe the damage could deal more or less, depending on how close the enemy is... I thought it may be a good idea for it to go in a straight line at first, that branches out the farther it goes which knocks down more enemies, but with reduced damage.

Let me know what you think.

I second this. It can be difficult to hit enemies on the ground. Would also make melee a more viable option to attacking as opposed to guns/powers.

Right now, it's all about charge attacking.

Edited by Kerrnon