Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad Dual Monitor Support (Warframe On One Screen, Something Else On The Other)

Xenanthropy

To put it short, Warframe doesn't like to work well with 2 monitors. For my arrangement, I have 2 monitors, a smaller computer monitor on the left, and a tv on the right. I play Warframe on the TV, and then I like to have spotify open on the left so I can see what song i've switched to without having to listen to it. When warframe opens (after the launcher starts it) 50% of the time it just makes my computer monitor go black. The other 49.99% of the time it will show my spotify window, but it won't be live, just a static window of what spotify looked like at the exact moment it brought it up. I have to alt-tab for a good 5 minutes to get it to display a live, moving version of spotify before I can get back to warframe. Borderless fullscreen seems to fix the problem, the only problem with that being that when you're using the mouse in warframe (Selecting missions, trying to click revive when you die, etc.) It can travel over to the second monitor, which I obviously don't want as it kind of freezes warframe up when I bring the mouse back over, which is obviously bad if i'm trying to quickly revive so I don't lose a mission or etc.

I'm sure this obviously isn't intentional, as every other fullscreened game I play has no problem showing whatever on the second monitor (League of Legends, Dota, to name a couple, Thought i'd include dota since it's a Steam game like Warframe), but with Warframe, it's incredibly hit-and-miss. I've also tested it on another computer with dual-monitors, just to make sure it wasn't somehow my computer, and it did the same thing on their computer. Any help would be appreciated, or at least noted if this isn't a reported bug yet.

People, please read the original post. person has tried borderless fullscreen and is still unsatisfied.

If i get you:

your problem is that you don't want the mouse to wander to the 2nd monitor unless you want it to.

solution:

use a combination of borderless fullscreen and 'swapscreen', a free opensource program. you can autolock the mouse to one screen and set a hotkey like 'hold alt' to allow it to move to the other one.

http://dualmonitortool.sourceforge.net/swapscreen.html

see the 'cursor' options.

I use this application at work and at home. its very useful for other dual screen functions as well.

Edited by Pythadragon

This

This, at first it didn't want to work properly and would make the other screen (Not warframe screen) shutter black and do some funny stuff, but after making sure the setting ingame was set to Borderless Fullscreen aka Window No Border aka Window Borderless and the Launcher option was set to not force Fullscreen (Uncheck "Enable Full-screen) this issue seemed to solve itself.

No idea what the deal is. 

Main monitor is HDMI, 2nd screen is RGB still I think.

It also locks the mouse when the game is focused to the game, never encountered this issue where I move into the other screen while playing. Could be some other issue causing this.

Edit: I also use DisplayFusion for my dual monitor setup, not sure if this has something to do with it? The program is just amazing, helped solve so many headaches with dual monitor setup issues I've ever had.

Edited by Rawrjay

This, at first it didn't want to work properly and would make the other screen (Not warframe screen) shutter black and do some funny stuff, but after making sure the setting ingame was set to Borderless Fullscreen aka Window No Border aka Window Borderless and the Launcher option was set to not force Fullscreen (Uncheck "Enable Full-screen) this issue seemed to solve itself.

No idea what the deal is. 

Main monitor is HDMI, 2nd screen is RGB still I think.

It also locks the mouse when the game is focused to the game, never encountered this issue where I move into the other screen while playing. Could be some other issue causing this.

borderless fullscreen has always allowed the mouse to wander to other monitors IF you are in a menu i.e. if moving the mouse doesn't currently move your characters point of view.

I'm pretty sure that is intentional behavior. It allows you to multitask easier by bringing up a pause menu, messing with something on the other monitor, going back, exiting the menu, and resuming your game.

I'm using a triple-monitor setup, myself. I don't have any of these problems you're having. Sure, my mouse moves off to another screen when I'm in control of the mouse, but this doesn't affect Warframe's performance for me. Maybe something is wrong with your video drivers. Have you tried updating them/testing the beta drivers, if any are released? As a last resort, you could use a 3rd-party program to lock your mouse onto your main screen.

Dual Monitor Tools apparently works quite well for this, here is a guide on how to use it:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1146484-how-to-lock-your-mouse-inside-a-game-on-a-dual-monitor-setup/

Another alternative would be CursorLock:
http://www.snakebytestudios.com/projects/apps/cursor-lock/

To put it short, Warframe doesn't like to work well with 2 monitors. For my arrangement, I have 2 monitors, a smaller computer monitor on the left, and a tv on the right. I play Warframe on the TV, and then I like to have spotify open on the left so I can see what song i've switched to without having to listen to it. When warframe opens (after the launcher starts it) 50% of the time it just makes my computer monitor go black. The other 49.99% of the time it will show my spotify window, but it won't be live, just a static window of what spotify looked like at the exact moment it brought it up. I have to alt-tab for a good 5 minutes to get it to display a live, moving version of spotify before I can get back to warframe. Borderless fullscreen seems to fix the problem, the only problem with that being that when you're using the mouse in warframe (Selecting missions, trying to click revive when you die, etc.) It can travel over to the second monitor, which I obviously don't want as it kind of freezes warframe up when I bring the mouse back over, which is obviously bad if i'm trying to quickly revive so I don't lose a mission or etc.

I'm sure this obviously isn't intentional, as every other fullscreened game I play has no problem showing whatever on the second monitor (League of Legends, Dota, to name a couple, Thought i'd include dota since it's a Steam game like Warframe), but with Warframe, it's incredibly hit-and-miss. I've also tested it on another computer with dual-monitors, just to make sure it wasn't somehow my computer, and it did the same thing on their computer. Any help would be appreciated, or at least noted if this isn't a reported bug yet.

Try setting the TV as the main monitor and spotify one as the 2nd and go full screen.

This bothers me a lot.

I have to keep alt-tab-ing out and retry.

However, recent update introduced a new bug made this much worse:

If your screen changes (alt-tab, window update, anti-virus software alerts etc...),

sometimes when you go back to Warframe, your mouse acceleration will be extremely weird. Either extremely fast or negative acceleration.

It is impossible to play, I have to quit and run Warframe again.

This is very annoying.