The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

J3-Golem Pull On Solo

lifestream

Tbh its fine on party.. .but in solo it gets op... the  time inbetween pulls is way too short.

It doesnt only pull you into the poison for dot, but it also stuns for short time.

It interrupts reload (specially for weaposn that has slightly longer reload time).

It doesnt even give often enough time to get otu of the range if ur a slower frame or out of energy.

What adds t othis is constantly coming mobs (disruptors specially and toxic).

Even tho  hes  soemwhat easy, mobs too, but combined with the pull iv often got stuck i na loop that drops me to near deth over time.

Stand closer to him. Stand outside of his melee range but inside of his poison aura range. When you are that close, he can't tentacle interrupt you. You should be able to kill him before his aura kills your hp. It's possible to stand outside of the poison aura radius without getting tentacled as well (its a very forgiving range).

Edit: Here I made a video for you demonstrating what range you should be at.

Edited by ralwn

Golem's pretty easy. You can just stay completely out of range of his Pull and shoot at him. Avoid his grenades and he drops without doing any damage to you whatsoever. Think the only time I died to him was when a Disruptor hit me while I was invisible, and then he Pulled me towards him where I got stunlocked by several Toxics and Disruptors. (I was immediately Pulled back when I tried to run and had no power to do anything else haha)

Another suggestion is to use decoy/molt/iron skin. I know thats wf specific, but those are 3 easy ways to solo it, without any skill really; and as said before, you can easily beat him if you keep the right distance even without these skills.

Yeah, I farmed him for Volt parts entirely solo with Loki. The trick is to simply stay 30-40m away and just shoot. Avoid the things he throws (usually they miss due to distance anyways) and just keep firing. He'll go down.

If there's anyone else there though kill them first. Only thing you might need is spare ammo, and probably not.

Well, my post is highly biased, because I have been farming him for BP parts with ember, so he seems like the easiest boss out there. With ember, all you have to do is come close, activate ultimate and he is down in 2 seconds. Less if you decide to shoot him inbetween (I am not exaggerating, its probably less than 2 seconds). Whole run took under 5 minutes.

Edited by Muflon