April 17Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't see the problem with making super forma be plat/alert only.  They seem like a pretty obvious fit for the pay or grind model.

As for weapons that use other weapons as crafting material, at least cut down on research/crafting time/crafting costs to make up for it.

Edited by Aggh

Do you like the idea of Excalibur getting an ability-activated weapon (ie, an energy Skana)?

- I have no idea.  I think my chose weapon is cooler.  Can it just enhance equipped weapon?

In your opinion, should weapons be included as crafting requirements for other weapons?
- On some weapons, yes.  But not as complex as dual Raza.  I'm feeling bad for those who don't want to buy weapon slots.

How frequently do you use Augment Mods?

- I usually had one of it on my frame.

In your opinion, is a Super/Prime Forma a good idea?

- So, this is a way to circumvent a tight forma'd weapon?

In your opinion, does Warframe’s chat need a rework?

- It works fine, but would be nice if it has an addition feature, something likes emoticon.

Edited by --Q--WaffleZ

Excal: yes the idea looks brilliant.

Weapons requiring other weapons: I say no. Unless it's a direct upgrade of the weapon (panthera wasn't an upgrade) like dragon nikana. Weapon varients shouldn't require other weapons. The dual raza is a perfect example, it has nothing to do with dual kama besides they are both dual scythes.

*Frames requiring frame parts: It was a nice touch to have Chroma require other frame parts as he can control multiple elements, but that is as far as it should go. No future or past frames should start to require another frame's parts. It pesents too much grind and messes with the current lore.

Augments: I rarely use augments, mainly just from time to time for fun. The only time I've actualy majorly used one was the recent tactical alert. This is mainly because having to use one of these fun looking mods means I have to sacrifice one of the mods on my build. Meaning that the frame suffers forcing me to lower levels. If I had a permanent "fun slot(s)" for augments then I would definitely use them all the time.

Super forma: Power creep, that's all it is. Formas add a new polarity which reduces the drain from mods. So a super forma is going to do what? reduce the drain even more, allow for more then one use, perhaps both. It's a straight up uneeded power creep. If it didn't reset my level then I wouldn't be having fun leveling it again. As for polarizing more then one slot, we get plenty of formas from the void.

Chat: We do get a few problems in the oca chat (from what I've heard) but I think what it comes down to is connection.

Edited by Postal_pat

"In your opinion, should weapons be included as crafting requirements for other weapons?

As a weapons collector this makes me cringe a bit, since I have no desire to sacrifice more than just one part of my collection to "upgrade" (sidegrade?) to another version. And how it eats into my resources just to make the initial base weapons to craft!

With the latest weapons that require other weapons, I feel like another big part of the problem is that the time and materials invested to craft each "step" doesn't translate to any advantage. That's where the disconnect is for me.

I think it's time to introduce secondary recipes for each blueprint, where it uses a higher amount of materials to craft, but doesn't require any weapons to sacrifice in the process.

Super forma: Power creep, that's all it is. Formas add a new polarity which reduces the drain from mods. So a super forma is going to do what? reduce the drain even more, allow for more then one use, perhaps both. It's a straight up uneeded power creep. If it didn't reset my level then I wouldn't be having fun leveling it again. As for polarizing more then one slot, we get plenty of formas from the void.

I think you misunderstand, there was no indication that super forma would have a more powerful effect on draining mod cost, just either having multiple polarities on a single slot, changing 2 slots with one super forma, or forma-ing without losing rank.

personally, I think having multiple polarities on a single slot would be the only thing that would be worth any real effort, since I'm guessing the build requirements would be something like 3 built formas, an argon crystal, and 100k credits.

having multiple polarities, polarizing multiple slots at once, and polarizing without losing rank would not be power creep, we can already hit theoretical maximum power with regular formas and maxed mods we have access to currently.

I'm in favor of a "super forma" if it could change two polarities at one time with only one rank reset. However, I am *not* if favor of an enhanced forma that only polarizes one slot but with no level reset. 

Also, an augment slot is a nice addition that is long overdue. I'm thinking of an augment slot separate from the 8 regular mod slots and separate from the aura mod slot. So, there would be 10 mod slots: 8 regular, 1 aura, and 1 exclusively for augment mods. 

Edited by StoneBrigand

Super Forma is dumb idea, leveling is easy and it's a staple part of the game.

Augment mod slot?  yes because most of us have builds and it's really damn hard to know what to drop for an aug.  Link it to master rank maybe.

Thing to keep in mind is that most players don't make their own builds at all, they copy others so when you mess with things they don't know how to fit an aut mod into it.

Chat rework, yes this game really needs a chat rework.  It also need a lfg tool.

I would like to see a connection between Excals Sword Powers and my choice of equipped Melee Weapon. Like the connection of Chroma with its Energy Color and Element Damage Type.

Though i have plenty of fun wiht Mesa, I dont like the fact "this is your ultimate Pistol Power ignoring your current equipped gun".

Sure you cannot make a system where every melee Weapon does change the Power individually, but how about making differences through the equipped stance mod in the weapon ? You only would have to consider weapon types this way.

A simple difference could be, which damage type you are doing with the Ultimate Power (slash, puncture..) , or even a combination.

Just my feelings, i would always say, a warframe should (where it is possible) enhance weapons, rather then simply provide an absolut amount  of damage...

Augment slots : Yes. But not too many. And, it should be an addition slot for augment mods, but not "the only place you can mod for augment" because there are times I mod in more than 1 augments.

Super forma: Yes.

1.Regular forma should no longer reset ranking of the equipment or warframe.

2.Super forma, allowing a slot having multiple polarities or changing 2 slot's polarities at once, will instead reset the rankings. It sounds more reasonable.

Excalibur

I fear he will lack survivability versus higher level enemies when you look at this life/shield/armor. Dodging and movement will only get you so far and i didn´t read about any other defense mechanic other than blind?

Weapons

Plain and simple:

- Direct Upgrades (Nikana): Yes ,

- Multi weapon requirements for something new = No

Augments

Please add a slots and consider about the future expansions of augment mods. In the future we will have a very big pool of possible augments to choose from. Over time only a single slot will not be sufficient. Imagine there are two - three possible augments just for a single skill.

Consider about  giving the "Skill" tab in the menu a interaction possibility where you can put all those augments into your abilities.

Forma

Double forma would be cool. Nothing else to say. ^^

Excalibur: Melee Power:

While excalibur having a weapons is an ok idea it breaks down, in that the choice of melee weapon a player uses varies so dramatically that it tends to make the "power" weapon (most likely a sword) type either need the one with the best stats or it potentially gets overshadowed by using a raw melee weapons without the power itself.  As it stands the power sounds more like a way to make melee ranged attacks (a cone range in concept), but otherwise sounds like channeling for melee weapons.

At the end of the day I'd have to see how the implementation goes to make a hard decision on whether this would be a good idea or a bad one.

Weapons required to build other weapons:

Personally I think this is a bad idea in most cases, all it really achieves is hiding longer build times and increased resource costs, while it doesnt really add any freshness (after you have built 50+ weapons it will feel the same reguardless whether materials are raw or made already into a weapon/frame).  This also implies that the weapons used in making the alternate weapon are inferior to the end product, which often is not the case at all.

It isnt so much an issue when it is a one stage increase that makes sence for the weapons design, like in the dase of needing 2 single weapons for the paired version (like singles for dual or ak weapons), or an enhancement/upgrade to the original (like in the case of Nikana to Dragon Nikana). 

However if it is just the case of trying to make them side grades, making the weapon from scratch is more sensable.  Afterall we are effectivly printing the weapons anyway.

Augment slots:

While augment slots are an interesting concept currently they are effectivly replacing what was the power mods.

The end result is really what comes down to the purpose of augments in general.

1. Are we meant to only really use one augment? (adding a bit of uniqueness to that frame) 

2. One augment per power? (customising power desings and implying there will be multiple per power)

3. Additional choice and change of how powers on the whole as a trade off for generallly added mutations (power, efficency, strength, duration or range).

4. Some other purpose

Each aspect has its own take, and aspects;

Point one for example having a single augment slot, and only allows that one to be equiped would be good. 

Where as for point two, an augment slot for each power would be more the inclination. 

Where as for point three having one augment slot and allowing other to be equiped in normal mod slots is beneficial as well.

Super Forma:

Personally I dont think it is all that needed.  The current forma system has the distinct level of cost vs reward at a decent point now (not too costly to do and not too simple that you would never consider not doing it).  The cost being the reset of the levels and the more focused to certain builds (many having common ground still), while the reward is cheaper mod point cost thus more powerful mods can be installed.  The downside beign with more power the game becomes easier.

It takes some reasonable dedication to actually get weapons and warframes up to a point where one can install 120-134 mod points worth of mods, though few builds really need that level of power.  So the cost for the most part is still less than the benefit gained thus doesnt need to become any easier.

Chat:

As a chat function it does its job (can always use some polish).  As a tool for match making or trading its really quite lacking for these purposes (sure its functional but could be vastly better for these tasks).

Augments,

Option 1) Rework the 80% of the augments that are utter garbage to actually be useful enough to justify removing something from the build

Option 2) Give us augment slots. S FOR PLURAL

Edited by Dornez

Excalibur

I'm gonna bow out of this one. I rarely ever use Excalibur, because he just does not interest me. I'll leave it to those who actually use Excalibur to suggest changes to him, since they know the frame better than I do.

Weapons and Crafting Requirements

Now here's something I can comment on.

I don't really have a problem with weapons being a crafting requirement for other weapons per se, but I don't think that weapons which themselves require two other weapons to craft should be included in this system. As was the case with the Dual Raza and the Akjagara. There is a point at which it becomes too prohibitive and building it rather than buying it just becomes too unfeasible, especially when you also have to wait the three days for the BP to unlock in the lab in the first place. I know that you guys want to encourage plat spending and purchasing, this is after all a free to play, but this is not the way to do it. This just pushes people away from continuing to play at all. You guys walk a fine line here and I'm sure you know it. This threatens to push you off that line. I'd advise against continuing this trend.

And while I'm at it, I'd also request that you change the crafting requirements for the existing weapons that follow this trend.

Augment Slots

The question is a bit off, and the poll would likely give skewed results. I would have to vote "rarely" because I rarely use augments. But I really want to. My builds usually don't allow for use of augments, because all of my mod slots are taken up. Some of them I am able to make room for, like Loki's Irradiating Disarm, because of how they work. But most of the time they interfere with what is already a very effective build, one that, unfortunately, wouldn't benefit enough from the augment to justify swapping one of my mods with it. I'd very much like to use some of these augment mods, but powers are often situational to an extent, and for me a survivability build is more important. I don't rely on powers, I use them as I need to.

And I would disagree with VKhaun about this undermining the choice-based system that is modding. VKhaun, you're being hyperbolic. Adding an augment slot does not make this a slippery slope. One augment slot. At most two. Choice is still a major factor, especially when more augments-per-ability start rolling out.

Super/Prime Forma

I have no opinion on this, really. Moving on.

Chat 2.0

I'd like to have my squad, clan, and alliance chats open at the same time. I hate missing chat messages from my clan and alliance, and often enough I don't even know I've missed them until I see the discussion continuing after I've left a mission. I'd like to have them either open at the same time or have better notification of them while in mission. And that should probably be an option, since I imagine that it could become very annoying in larger clans and alliances with more active chats than mine.

The problem with Augments is that many of them are ineffective. Who's going to trade a precious mod slot where you could improve your ability's strength, range or duration for an augment that gives a small amount of overshield by using Overload, an augment that gives Health Orbs upon going through the effort of killing a target with Well of Life on them or an augment that removes Zephyr's primary crowd control for a guarantee of more enemies being hit with a small amount of damage.

What some augments do is the problem. Whether an augment slot will coax us into using them is not.

Augment slots are defiantly needed 2 should be available but only 1 augment can be used for one type of skill

Excalibur defiantly needs a rework and I support the idea but only if it works in a good way as at high level will that skill do damage and protect him?

Prima forma: no thanks unless it does something totally different to the current forma. Add additional stats or something then ok

Should weapons be required to create a weapon I would say only on certain weapons and if it works out correctly as you have to create two pistols to create a dual but you build that aswell which doesn't make sense

Fourm chat I said no but I don't use the fourm that much so no opinion really

Weapons as Crafting Requirements:

Well first off I'm not totally against this idea about weapons requiring other weapons to craft, on one hand it feels like you are basically upgrating an old weapon. The only problem that I've seen was the fact that most players tend to hate this feacture just due the fact that they don't want to lose a specific weapon that they like in order to craft a new one when they can actually build another weapon which they can use for the sacrifice. For example, the Aksomati requires a fully built Akstiletto, if a player who doesn't want to lose the Akstiletto just to build the Aksomati he/she has two options: buy a pre-buit Aksomati with platium or just build another Akstiletto and everything will be fine.

But on the other hand this whole idea of weapons that require other weapons to craft feels kind of frustrating because it takes longer to craft a specific weapon that a player wants becase he/she needs to craft a weapon to craft another weapon. Ok, sure, this actually was something that was normal with some weapons like the Aklex which requires two fully built Lexs to craft but it still something that I don't think it fits propably in some situations. I mean I would really like to have the Aksomati and the Dual Raza to match with my Soma, but just thinking on this whole idea of having to craft other weapons in order to get those it's just weird.

I'm not sure what you guys are up to but I just hope you guys decide to make some better things in order not to mess up a lot anything that's already fine.

Super/Prime Forma:

Wait, what? A super forma you say? Like in a special forma that could do things that a normal forma couldn't do? Well I'm not sure what to say about that but it doesn't sound to be a bad idea nor a good idea either. I can understand this idea by the way because polarizing a weapon always resets the level of a weapon/warframe or something else back to 0 and all. I'm not against the idea of leveling up the weapon once again after polarizing it, and I can even say that polarizing basically feels like a different way of leveling up (example: 5 formas = level 5), but sometimes leveling up might be a pain if you're not leveling it up in a proper level to level it up much faster, specially without potatoes. But the truth is that I rarely use the formas to polarize a weapon, I only polarize it when I think it's necessary to make it much more powerful but even so I don't use them much because I know that I need to level it up once again to reach level 30 everytime it's polarized. Also there are cases of weapons/warframe which barely need polarizings thanks to the stance and aura mods respectively (even though you can still polarize them).

But this idea of having a super forma that can polarize more slots can actually be useful so that you don't need to level up the weapons a couple of times, it can save so much time yet it needs to be extremely rare compared to the normal formas.

Excalibur:  Really anticipating the changes to come for Excal.

here's an idea : 

Make Excal's "energy sword" take the effects of the equipped Melee weapon mods ! -

-> we get better scaling 

> we'd get the innate ability damage + the melee weapon mods damdage. It could really help diversify melee builds and give some mods more purpose.

But if that is to be done , some channeling mods need to be looked at.

Super forma : What bugs me with regular forma is why we have to re level the weapon. it's really boring and burns me up  pretty fasT;

For super forma , maybe it could be a void trader thing , or even a login reward.?

Chat: Well since you're reworking trading , might as well change chat as well eh?  It's getting old x)

Weapons as requirements :  As longs as it doesn't get harder to build than the Ak jagra i'm okay. BUT PLEASE DE : NEVER do it for prime weapons . Well sure there's the akbronco prime. But I mean multiple level stuff like akjagra. Imagine this on a prime level! This would drive people mad!

Also , weapons that require other weapons to build  must  be direct upgrades. otherwise what's the point?

Exalibur

Having an energy-skana sounds neat, as long as it doesn't pidgeonhole the players into using specific melee weapons (like with Hysteria, urgh, can't believe you have KEPT that pidgeonholing crap!). Make it have its own good baseline stats and I wouldn't complain. And the sword waves should also contribute to the melee combo counter + have punchthrough, or else it wouldn't feel particularly interesting.

But he needs more than a fancy energy-skana to become viable. Two things comes to mind

1) Radial Blind - Finishers, as now a forced "option" from Radiant Finish, should not be so forced. Make it an option in the options menu to have finishers be triggered by either your melee attack (E) or your action-key (X), so you are not FORCED to do lengthy finishing animations all the time.

2) Radial Javelin - Mainly his Radial Javelin needs a total rework. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Rework it into Blade Barrier - Upon activation, you have spinning blades around you, dealing constant slash damage to nearby enemies. It could also provide minor proection If you block, the blades instead help you to block in a 360 degree fashion, possibly with innate reflection. Once the ability expires, or if you end it early yourself by activating it again, the blades are launched out a la Radial Javelin 1.0, as projectiles. These launched blades are affected by the melee multiplier, ragdoll enemies and have a miniscule amount of punchthrough.

Voilá! Now he has a frikkin awesome set!

Weapons as Crafting Requirements:

It's fine if they don't require half a week to make. Dragon Nikana was perfect, Panthera/Ripkas etc was barely acceptable, but the AkJagara was just waaay too much. Sure, I built them anyway, as I'm not all too impatient, but it is quite dull and sinister anyway. And no, you will not have me rush an item due to such lengthy builds, ever ;)

Augment Slots

I'm totally serious with this here:

* We should have 4 augment slots. One for each ability. When we have multiple augment choices for each ability, we would then have FUN CHOICES!

(Note: Think about Diablo 3, that's "augmentations" done right imo. You have some "safe" choices (smaller buffs, lifesteals and such) while some alter the ability completely. That's tons of fun!)

* Not only that, we should have 4 utility slots for weapons and Warframes (for stuff like Thief's Wit, Enemy Radar, Suppressor, Fast Hands etc). Just like with augments, modding for utility will NEVER be able to truly compete with damage/non-niched survivability/power mods, no matter if they were nerfed to the ground or not. Split them up. Then we would have more FUN CHOICES!

That said, lots of existing augments need revising regardless. A few are absolutely horrible (Pool of Life), a lot are completely useless solo (all elemental buffers, Smoke Shadow, Total Eclipse, Soul Survivor etc), some try to "fix" lackluster abilities that needs fixing baseline (Psychic Bolts, Fracturing Crush etc).

Make sure that abilities are good and scaling FIRST, then add augments to them which bring something neat to the ability AND has uses when playing solo.

Super/Prime Forma

I guess it would be neat, but in regards to forma, I barely forma anything due one main uncertainty:

-Powercreep-

It has taken bigger and bigger space lately. I don't mind minor direct upgrades (such as some of the older Primes and so on), but weapons like Synoid Gammacor in particular, even right NOW in its heavily nerfed stage, still obliterates most automatic pistols into the ground with its insane DPS. What is the point of the Spectra or Nukor now? If you balanced weapons better (both toning down the powercreeped newer weapons and buffed up some seriously lackluster weapons), even if that still leaves some weapons to be slightly superior to others etc, I'd not hesitate to forma weapons more.

Chat 2.0

I don't speak that much with people, so not much feedback here. But something I do notice is that it feels very clunky and unresponsive (at times, clicking the bar often requires dozens of tries before it lets me type). And why can't I chat while Bladestorm is active? Oo

Why is Limbo not in these topics? Have DE not seen the countless posts here and on the subreddit about his completely broken state? We have had no recognition of this and no indication of a rework incoming. Listen to your player base!

Wow it has been some times since the last hot topics.

Let's see what we have this time.

Do you like the idea of Excalibur getting an ability-activated weapon (ie, an energy Skana)?

No.

Sure it would fit the swordsman theme and might look cool, but i can't imagine the concept working very well in the reality of the game's gameplay.

Even with the range attack quality which Scott teased in the livestream, it would still suffer from the same problem as the Hysteria claws.

Being locked/forced into having to use a single weapon. A weapon with fixed damage (which you can't replace with a stronger one). A weapon you can't modify directly outside missions. A weapon which might not benefit your playstyle (and more important for some players can't copter well).

In addition to that problem, the ability would likely be simply inferior to any other Warframe ability which is both fire and forget based and has a large utility factor attached to it.

I think an ability for Excal to empower his melee weapon might be more usefull than a fancy energy skana nobody would use because of being forced to use it over their weapon of choice.

In your opinion, should weapons be included as crafting requirements for other weapons?

Oh why did you have to word the question like that?

The "should" in there makes it difficult to give a straight yes or no answer to this. One can read this as asking us if we want more weapons that require 2 or more other weapons.

Because to this i could only answer NO. Not the way the recent weapons had it.

I think the concept itself is not bad, infact it's actualy a good way to give lower tiered weapons a chance to become "upgraded" into a stronger ones. However it has to make sense and should not involve more than one weapon.

As Scott once said, in a perfect world all weapons in Warframe would be equal, but this isn't the case. The reality is we have weapons which can be put into low, mid and high tier, depending on how well they work against enemies with the best mods. As such some weapons, as nice as they are designed, can't keep up with others.

The idea of giving such weapons a second life as stronger modified variants is therefor a nice way to give them a second existance.

The Tiberon and Bolto(s) were a nice example for how this can work. Both are upgrades to lower tiered weapons, are stronger than the originals, but have the nice element of working different (one gets travel time projectiles, the other a burst fire mode).

You could imagine a Tenno craftsman disassembling the original and using the parts in the creation of a stronger weapon.

However after those we got more and more weapons which not only require 2 weapons to craft, but also weapons which don't even make sense!

Why does the Redeemer needs a Vasto when it's clearly a modified Tigris? Why do the AkJagaras require two entire Skana for it's little DECORATIVE blades at the front? Why do the Ripkas need a Tenno fist weapon and a plasma blade cleaver when it's a Grineer based physical damage based chainsaw?

Bottom line, i see the nice things in the concept, but it should only require one base weapon and make some sense, instead of just feeling like crafting components were randomly picked to make building them more frustrating.

Augment Slot?

One for Warframes could be nice, but should only be one, with the rest needing regular mod slots to be installed. On weapons it isn't need since the augments work as exclusive variants of the allready existing mods.

How frequently do you use Augment Mods?

Sometimes.

Some of the weapon augments are really nice. But some others feel redundant and only usefull for the syndicate "burst" ability.

On Warframes only a few stand out as really usefull and worth using a mod slot for. Most however seem to be mostly there with their benefit being hardly worth the mod space.

In your opinion, is a Super/Prime Forma a good idea?

No.

I don't see why we need that. It sounds like just another thing people will have to grind for, find the best exploits to collect quickly and won't really add anything new.

In your opinion, does Warframe’s chat need a rework?

Don't see a problem with the regular chat.It seems to work pretty fine at it is.

The only problem is the trade chat, which makes trading and finding offers which aren't 4 row long list of "WTS" with platinum prices a hell.
Good luck finding someone who is looking to trade mods, parts or helmets, without wanting to spend platinum.

The chat itself could still work as secondary manual way of finding trading partners. But a more coordinated system is needed for trade in general.

Except that, i don't see much wrong with chat.

Edited by Othergrunty

Regarding weapons being requirements for crafting, the only one that made me mad was having to use the Miter for the Panthera. I despise the boss fights in this game, and being forced to run Vor/Kril more times than I can count was just...ugh.

Edited by KirukaChan

Excalibur

Weapons as Crafting Requirements

Augment Slot

Super/Prime Forma

Chat 2.0

Excalibur

Depending on who you ask Excalibur was meant to be a different thing.

Some say "build how you want to", some say a "swordsman", some say "mobile fighter", some say a combination of those(that's where I stand)...

and some say it doesn't matter because the game is too different to take it into account.

My opinion is that instead of making the rework about catering to one of those opinions, how about we make the rework cater to all of them.

I know that the people so convinced that their own perspective is the right one will have no interest in such a thing. But it isn't just about one side.

That in mind: the question is not so much about whether or not Excalibur gets an ult where he creates an energy sword. Either way is fine in itself.

It's more about whether his total kit offers real flexibility in playstyle, allows him to properly utilize a variety of weapons, and keeps him well above the standard on mobility. If he has an energy sword, what else can he do? Will he gain a higher resilience and/or mobility somehow? If so is that only during his energy sword mode or can he access it on its own so he can use it with guns if he feels like it?

Questions like these will define Excalibur's options more than simply whether or not one of his powers is to pull out an energy sword.

What role should he take? I like the idea that how he is built could have a real effect on that. But by now we should know that base stats and mods alone don't give that kind of flexibility. He will need power(s) that can potentially bolster some of those aspects to make it happen.

It would be awesome if the options of DPS-Weapon of destruction, Tank-Agent of distraction, or reconnaissance scout were truly available to him.

Weapons and Crafting Requirements

This one is pretty straight forward if you ask me. If there are going to be weapons that use others as requirements it needs to follow a couple rules.

1: The weapon you're making should be a clear upgrade (either in direct power or versatility) over the one you are giving up.

2: The process should not require any more slots than the weapon you are making itself will take up.

This is why using the Nikana to build the Dragon Nikana felt intuitive and reasonable.

And why using the Dual Kama (takes two separate kama to build) to build the Aksomati felt out of bounds.

Augment Slot

This is tricky. Right now the augment system is still pretty new. We don't even quite have an augment for every power yet, and more to the point the augments greatly vary in viability and worthiness.....were some feel like they should have been part of the power in the first place (often on frames that are already in need of help) while other augments feel like they add a whole new dimension (sometimes on frames that are already above the curve). This huge gap in how things balance out is bound to cause a schism in the communities opinion of augments in general, and by extension augment slots.

Long term I think SOMETHING like augment slots should implemented. At some point there will be multiple augment mods for a single power.

People stacking augments onto that one power will lead some folks back to trying to make their frames one trick ponies. That is something to avoid.

One way to go would be to create one augments lot per power. That way, when there is a choice of augments to take, only one per power can be selected. No stacking and the concept of picking and choosing remains.

Another way to go is an idea I will call mod "symbiosis". Imagine if players could take an augment mod and a regular mod and sort of combine them into a new, dual stat type mod. That way folks wouldn't have to choose between a mod that is an augment OR a mod that improves a whole stat.

They could instead create a new mod that offers both!  

Super/Prime Forma

Honestly haven't put much thought into this one before now. 

My first impression is-he sure why not . If these are more rare, more costly and/or harder to come by then I see no reason they could not also be stronger in some way.

But  on what way they should be stronger....well I'm not sure yet.

CHAT 2.0

Well I'm not a big chatter in game (though I do have my moments) but I think that it would be nice to be able to keep certain conversations going through various chat tabs in and out of missions. It's a bit unwieldy to do that right now . Not sure what the solution is yet. I will think more about that.

Edited by Ronyn