April 17Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Weapons as Crafting Requirements: Direct upgrades (Dragon Nikana), turning weapon A into completely different weapon B (Bolto, Tiberon) are okay. Sidegrades (I'm not sure if there is an example for this at the moment) ... I don't know. I feel that's what Vandal, Wraith and now Prisma are there for. Anyway, clantech weapons (I'm looking at you, Dual Raza) should generally be exempt from this. We already have to research them before we can build them - we shouldn't have to build another weapon first on top of this.

Augment slots: While dedicated augment slots surely would be a nice thing, I'd rather like to see them moved to the abilities tab. This would even allow for augments that completely change the ability and thus the displayed stats (although I know that those probably won't come - at least not with DE's current stance on augments).

Excal Ability:

I think it's a good idea as long as it is isn't too similar to hysteria.

Weapons as crafting resources:

Yes in moderation and if it makes sense. Things like the akjagara and dual Raza are taking it way too far, forcing us to build 3 or 4 weapons that have big resource costs is not ok.

Augments:

I use augments a lot but only the ones I find useful. There a lot of underwhelming ones that are completely useless to me. The frame that most needs another augment is limbo and I suggest one that gives all players the rift surge damage bonus in the rift or one that gives him some kind of damage reduction in the rift.

Super/Prime Forma:

If what you mean by this, is a type of forma that allows you to put multiple polarities in one slot then that should be added to regular forma and shouldn't be a rare version that's harder to get. Say for instance if super/prime forma allows you to change 2 polarities at once or not require you to relevel then I would be all for it.

Warframe Chat:

I don't know if it needs a complete rework but it is missing a lot of basic features it should have. Such as offline messages, keeping conversation open if you logout, Notification sound so you don't miss messages (with a toggle off and on). What would be a really amazing feature is if you could create group chats and invite people so you don't have to be in a clan or squad to talk to multiple people at the same time and also if you could enable voice in those as well.

I've wanted Super/Prime Forma since Forma was introduced, but if its just only polarizing 2 slots at once or without de-leveling I will be massively disappointed.

My idea for Super/Prime Forma goes something like this:

After you polarize all of your Warframe/Weapon Mod slots with regular Forma, you should need a Super/Prime Forma to add additional polarities to the slots, and for every Super/Prime Forma added to a Warframe/Weapon Mod slot it should increase that weapons needed affinity to rank from 0 - 30 by 5 or 10 percent

And after say... 10 or so Super/Prime Formas are added to a Warframe/Weapon you should need to do a challenge to allow another Super/Prime Forma to be used on that Warframe/Weapon, like say...

Killing 10 rank 40+ Nullifiers with your Vectis

Getting the killing blow on Captain Vor with Sleight of Hand for Mirage

Complete 5 Spy missions without raising an alarm with your Loki

Killing Nef Anyo with your AkFuris using only a single clip

Get 3 Parries with your Dual Zorens in under a minute

Those are just rough examples off the top of my head of what they could be, and could possibly have multiple challenges on a Warframe/Weapon if many Super/Prime Formas are used on it.

you wouldn't really need more than 5 - 8 Super/Prime Formas to make a Warframe/Weapon ready for multiple mod configurations, polarizing a slot, or all slots, with all potential polarities would simply be a labor of love for completionists or players passionate about a certain piece of equipment.

This is genius. I approve.

Excalibur:

I just really don't like the idea of Excalibur's Ult being locked into a single weapon. He's never been locked into one before, and he shouldn't be now. I think the ability should work so that you can either use the energy sword, or switch it out for your equipped weapon (and the ability would then act as a buff to that weapon). 

When it comes to weapons requiring weapons, the only time I find that agreeable is when the weapon being created is an absolute, 100% straight upgrade to the weapon that is required to make it.  It has to be an unquestionably better weapon, or it's a waste of resources.

Dragon Nikana is a good example of "weapons requiring weapons" done right.  Straight upgrade in every respect with only a marginal, insignificant increase in stamina consumption.

On Excal:

If it makes him more interesting to play than the Radial Blind spammer he has been most of the games life, and more interesting than the Radial Javelin spammer he has been in recent months, im all for it.

On weapons as crafting requirements:

Im fairly neutral as far as this goes. I dont believe players should have access to everything right away (or they would devour all the content faster than you could produce it) but if we are going to see more like the Dual Raza then please stick to weapons that are easier to produce, not the ones that require almost a dozen rare resources.

Augmeant slots:

Yes please. I cant speak for others, but i would like to run augments more often but i either find myself unwilling to compromise my frames stats/abilities to make room for them, or (in the majority of cases so far) i find theyre simply not worth compromising my frames stats/abilities.

Forma Prime:

Depends on what it will do and what i will have to do to get one. Until then, no opinion.

Chat:

Above all else, what i wish to see is an ingame report function so we can crack down on people who are bypassing the Kickbot to post tade offers or recruitment messages in the wrong channels.

1) New Ability for Excalibur.

Yes! Now when super jump is basically useless, it might be a good time to switch that one up for something new and exciting.

2) Make weapons out of other weapons.

That is a weak yes. I would only use a weapon as a requisite component of weapon crafting IF the weapon you craft is a pure upgrade of the weapon used to craft it.. er.. if that made sense? It's ok to use weaponX to craft weaponY if weaponY is a pure upgrade of weaponX.

3) Augment mod usage.

Never used one but I might start if Warframes got a dedicated augment mod slot.

4) Super Forma.

No. Do not fill this game up with even more crap. Focus on QUALITY.

5) Chat opinions.

N/A

Edited by se05239

Do you like the idea of Excalibur getting an ability-activated weapon (ie, an energy Skana)?

-> Yes for sure.

But.. I think this skill should be an "hysteria like" skill.

I explain, if this skill give to Exca an energy skana he need to be immortal like Valkyr, maybe an health vampire like she..

Because when he active this skill he can't use any ranged weapon and need to go melee, this is really dangerous, but useless in Hight level mission :/

How frequently do you use Augment Mods?

-> infortunatly, i never used Augment mods... 

I love the concept but when I put these mod i have to break my optimized builds..

I hope for augment  slot, maybe 4, one per skill but can't put two augment for the same skill.

And that will look like a "rune" system.. :)

In your opinion, is a Super/Prime Forma a good idea?

I reflect on this concept for a long time now an think super forma need to be like that : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/443322-legendary-forma-a-new-concept/

Oh... and  I apologize for my English :s

Weapons as a component was fine until you started taking it to the next level of grind.

Buy a Lato to build a Bolto = Fine.

Build a Latron and a Hikou (iirc) to build the Tyberon = Fine, just about.

Buy 2 Latos to build 2 Boltos (one after the other, not even at same time) and a Dual Skana, to build Akbolto to build Akjagara = Not fine.

Build 2 Kama (one after the other of course) to build Dual Kama to build the Soma magazine hatchet thing = Not fine.

Even ignoring the timewall which I accept as part of the business model, the cost for such a weapon is insane.

Let us take the Akjagara as an example :

210 thousand credits

6 Different weapons

7 Orokin Cells

4 Neurodes

2 Morphics

^ That is going full grind, never go full grind.

Of course, I don't need to point any of this out to you, you knew what you were doing when you chose Akboltos as the prerequisite, just as you did when you chose Dual Kama.

Edited by Egg_Chen

Our buddy Excalibro.

I'll pass on this until I see just what you did to him after his upcoming re-work. In other words run around with a re-worked excalibro then offer up advice and criticisms on what to do with him.

Weapon as crating materials.

Yes but only if its similar to the nikanas, use a normal nikana to make the dragon yeah that was a good way to go about it. But on the other hand use a hikou and miter, both of which are fairly decent on their own to make a steaming heap of mastery fodder panthera..... yeah no that was bad. That was a waste of two decent weapons to make one steaming heap. Can you tell I'm a bit bitter on that one.

Augment slot.

Depends on the frame some of the augments are good while others not so much, I'm looking at you Afterburn yeah you know what you did wrong. Maybe have the slot at only one augment per frame, avoids getting the "Too OP frame where we begin to complain about how easy the game is again," builds. Just have it cost mod points, halved point cost if the slot is polarized accordingly but by default the slot comes un-polarised.

Weapons on the other hand don't need an augment slot its not too hard to work around a weapon augment for a good build.

"Super" forma...

Yeah I'm one of those guys that thought the addition of Legendary Cores was a bad idea. Unless this is done exceedingly carefully this is a bad idea as well.

Chat.

Chat has been in need of some love for a good long damn time now. You try finding anything in that cesspool that calls itself trading or finding a group to run the void with in recruiting, I'm not the fastest typist and I tend to use full sentences in chat not cellphone texting language.....if you can call that a language, which usually ends up with me continuing my eternal search for a not already filled group.

Would also be nice if the chats could be separated into more than just the one window ie. region or whatever in one window, the cesspo...I mean trade in another. The tabs were nice but its just not functional anymore.

Excalibur

I am all for Excalibur being a true 'Swordsman'. If anyone should be a swordsman, it should be Excalibur. He's the poster boy for warframe, every time you see him in a trailer/teaser/etc. he is almost always stabbing or slicing someone, no other frame does it nearly as much as Excalibur does.

I would like to point out one thing though. I really want his ulti to end up like the ultimate I suggested for Ember in this thread.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/441244-ember-20-re-igniting-the-flames/#entry4896887

Bottom of the main post, look for the ability called 'Ignum Aeternum'. One more thing, if possible, please take another more in-depth look at Ember.

Weapons as Crafting Requirements

As much as I want to hate it, it does have its uses, currently though, it is nothing but an extra grind-wall that is highly unnecessary. I will point out the things wrong with it.

1. Lore breaking, I'm looking at you, Ripkas. Since when do grineer use a tenno weapon (ankyros) to make their own weapon (ripkas)?! Please, make combo weapons make sense.

2. Clan Research. This is by far the worst part about this. If a combo weapon needs to be researched first, that is 3 days, without any way to shorten the time. Then you have to buy the BP, only to find out it is a combo weapon. It gets worse, you then realize it requires the Dual Kama, what's wrong with this? To build the Dual Kama, you need 2 single dual kama, which require 5 FREAKIN' NEURAL SENSORS... EACH!!!

3. If combo weapons are going to be a thing, they NEED to be a direct upgrade from the weapon it requires, other-wise, it sounds pretty stupid to use one weapon to make another weapon that is WORSE.

Augment Slot

Yes please! It's already bad enough that warframes have less slots than everything companions. We don't need augment mods to hinder us even more. However, I would to point something out.

Why do warframes have less mod slots? Lore-wise, it makes no sense. Warframes are suppose to be the most technologically advanced thing in this entire game (aside from maybe the sentients, and even the orokin themselves). So, why do they have less mod slots than a companion, why do they have the same amount of mod slots as a simple weapon? Please explain to me why a simple-minded drone with one sole purpose of helping the tenno has more mod slots than a warframe, or how a genetically unstable mutated bat-dog hybrid has more slots than a warframe? Gameplay wise, still doesn't make sense. Warframes have FAR more mods than weapons. If you add more mod slots to weapons, people are just going to throw on even more damage. If you add more mod slots to warframes, people will be given more free-will to specialize their warframe, whether it be an extra strength mod, range mod, that handspring mod you always wanted to use but didn't want to cripple yourself for, etc.

Super/Prime Forma

I don't see why not. Just make it so you actually have to 'earn' it, and it will be a welcomed addition into the game. We already have plenty of grind, something that could ease the grind by a tiny amount is something everyone [should] want.

Whether it be a forma that adds two polarities, or one that does not reset rank.

Add two polarities: Something about having an item get reset to unranked, and having to rank it up again for it to be stronger makes me feel pretty good. However, when you have to do it about 5 times to have a weapon 'fully maxed out' is an extremely tedious and boring chore, that simply makes me not want to do it, for the sake of not getting burned out on this game.

No Reset: An immediate polarization without resetting rank sounds pretty good. However, what would happen when someone builds up a whole bunch of these, and just goes on a polarization spree? Nothing would stop them, they could get a weapon to be fully maxed out, without even having to leave their arsenal screen.

Chat 2.0

I don't have much to add to this. I guess making multi-watch would be a pretty useful feature, as I personally find it somewhat tedious to constantly have to swap through tabs, and not being able to read what is going on in alliance chat, while wanting to stalk the trade chat.

I do suggest one thing though. When I want the chat to be somewhere else on my screen, I want it to STAY THERE no matter what I'm doing, as in, not having it reset whenever I run a mission, go to relay, log out, etc. While we're at it, also make it so the size of the chat doesn't reset either.

Excalibur
Excalibur was originally covered in a Community Hot Topics last September, but now that Devstream 50 hinted at another Excalibur update, I’ve included some recent hot topics on him. One interesting point of discussion from the source threads is about what it means exactly to be a “swordsman”, and how that description should affect Excalibur’s abilities. What role do you think Excalibur should fill with his powers, and how much of an impact do you think the sword theme should have? Do you like the swordsman concept? Do you like the idea of an energy sword ability?

Ex should be what he has been from the start, an all-arounder.

REMEMBER NEW PLAYERS. If you are going to specialize the dude you have to think of how this plays our with new players.

If he becomes too niche a new player is going to have difficulty going through missions.

The first frame i picked was Loki because it said he was for veterans.... you werent kidding about that. It was really hard going through the game an only having your weapons for dmg.

Have Ex be that frame that by switching up mods he can cover several roles like his profile vid says. 

Or give people the option to pick between the swordsman and the all-arounder.

Weapons as Crafting Requirements

It's fine for some weapons.

People just complain because they have to do more work. People always complain about doing more work.

Augment Slot

I know you guys know that if you free up a slot people are going to just min\max some more.

I know you guys know that "problem" with Excal wasnt the power but the mod builds that let him push his powers to crazy levels.

I know you guys know that this "problem" is always the problem that shows up and ends up with frames getting their powers changed.

If you are going to free up a slot prepare for a new exploit to appear.

In this game switching up how your weapon\frame works is free and takes no time. Nothing should be THE correct build, things should have advantages and disadvantages.

Super/Prime Forma

Dont care about the no reset. I actually like leveling in this game so when i Forma it also becomes an excuse to level a brand new set of weapons and kubrow from the start.

Double polarize... K, that sounds fine.

One thing that i mentioned a long time ago since the inception of configs is the ability to polarize each of your configs differently.

I dont know how this falls into this discussions but this would open customization of weapons and frames greatly and actually bring the use of forma up.

Because how it is now is that you forma to how you want it and it's done, never again. Since that forma setup is the same setup that appears in all configs.

You should lets up polarize each config differently.

Chat 2.0

Trading is annoying.

Maybe trading should be a different window, make it like an auction house but NOT into one.

the trade chat has different tabs for each of the things sold so there is a tab for weapons, kubs, mods, etc.

When you mention selling something it lists it and stays there with a time stamp and that's the only time you can list the item.

You know how AH works. This isnt leaving the item somewhere this is just listing it. You know like....listings. Like craiglist.

First Excaliber rework: i did not under stand until now what does the 4 ability do, i mean the new one.

and second: why changing something completely? i like the change of the 1 ability, but the 4 should stay there.

i have an idea: why changing excaliber 4 ability to 3 and putting another one, when you can choose between which power to choose.

lets say, that you do not want the 4 ability, you should switch it to another ult.

the meaning of this: every frame should have more than 4 abilities and augments for them.

what if: excaliber had 10 ( less or more ) abilities, you will ask yourself, do i need this power or do i need to switch it, do i need this ult or not .. etc.

every frame should have many ults and abilities. the powers that cost 100 energy or super powerful go to ability 4... etc.

those who cost 20-25 and is not OP go to ability 1.

those who are for Def and cost 25-50 go to ability 2.

and those who cost 50-75 and for utility (like super jump) or team ( or self ) buff go to ability 3.  

DE say: that the new power for excaliber is his ult, if i do not want it, i should be able to change it to his old ult and vis versa. and that goes to his other abilities. 

Note: If a small change to a power does not mean it is another power.

Edited by majdwisam

Awesome.

Edit: Forgive me for sounding greedy, but I think it would be perfect if we got at least two Augment slots. You know, one on each side of the Aura slot, or something like that.

I'm only saying this because you said yourself Drew that you (DE) plan to have more than one Augment for each Ability in the game. If that turns out to be true, then obviously it'll get quite difficult to make room for all of them. 

Edited by Tymerc

I do not like new weapons requiring old weapons to make them. I have tons of resources that I will never use so why not make new weapons require some of them? The only reason a new weapon requiring a old weapon to make would be....I'm guessing....DE wants us to buy more weapon slots.

And prime forma....Well I guess we are going to get prime everything huh...ok now I know not to invest into anything...unless it's prime;)

> "How frequently do you use Augment Mods?"

> "Do you use Augments frequently enough to benefit from an Augment Slot?"

Your logic is backwards...

"People don't use augment mods, therefore nobody would benefit from an augment slot"

When in reality, people don't use augment mods BECAUSE they don't have an augment slot.

The question needs to be re-worded, otherwise there's no meaningful conclusion that can be derived from its results.

A)With these changes, he will be my main once again.

B) Weapon requirement isn't a bad idea but it's really stupid when you need two weapon slots just to create one weapon.

C)Augment slots are really needed. 2-3 are more than enough and should be unlocked when reaching a certain warframe rank.

D)Better than normal forma on T4 C rotation.