April 17Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Excalibur Energy skana mode?

As long as it's viable and fun.
I wouldn't mind some actual DMC inspired action (air-launchers, stingers, combos that stagger on every hit as they should, air combos).

Weapons required to build others

For dual pistols I'd say to have some sort of system that allows you to "link" them as well as use them on their own.

For other weapons (Tiberon, Redeemer) I'd say it's fine as long as long as the end result is fun and viable.

Chat rework

I'm currently fine with the chat. If you're gonna redesign it make sure it doesn't become any more difficult to use.

Super forma

I... would say no...
Forma are common enough on their own, and leveling them to 30 isn't long if you know good missions for leveling.

I don't really want more stuff diluting the void reward pools.

Augments

I don't have any, but If I'm going to sacrifice a mod slot when I get them then they better be good.
The problem with augments is that certain abilities are lackluster, and ultimately it's not worth it to make builds based around those augments when there are raw abilities that do it better.

First Excaliber rework: i did not under stand until now what does the 4 ability do, i mean the new one.

and second: why changing something completely? i like the change of the 1 ability, but the 4 should stay there.

i have an idea: why changing excaliber 4 ability to 3 and putting another one, when you can choose between which power to choose.

lets say, that you do not want the 4 ability, you should switch it to another ult.

the meaning of this: every frame should have more than 4 abilities and augments for them.

what if: excaliber had 10 ( less or more ) abilities, you will ask yourself, do i need this power or do i need to switch it, do i need this ult or not .. etc.

every frame should have many ults and abilities. the powers that cost 100 energy or super powerful go to ability 4... etc.

those who cost 20-25 and is not OP go to ability 1.

those who are for Def and cost 25-50 go to ability 2.

and those who cost 50-75 and for utility (like super jump) or team ( or self ) buff go to ability 3.  

DE say: that the new power for excaliber is his ult, if i do not want it, i should be able to change it to his old ult and vis versa. and that goes to his other abilities. 

Note: If a small change to a power does not mean it is another power.

1) I say maybe to energy active weapons because i wold want to see more detail and love and care put into them to help you further indavidualise them and personalise them rather than just haveing a glowing skana, like i would want to feel that when you use it S#&$ just got real like no more games i need to slice some skulls like it has to look and sound bad &#! to feel good and if it is just almost like like haveing a "phased" skana or other melee that wont do, it need to be it own bad &#! monster otherwise, wh can't other frames punch xcal in the face and just use it to the same effectivness ?

2) yes weapons should be used to craft other weapons but only if they have a link and/or are better from an objective "ceaphealon suda" perspective or AT LEAST bring a new mechanic to the weapon like curveing or rebounding bullets

3) I use them offten as they normaly open something new that i've been looking for in the frame or the weapon that i enjoy, i'm a tech player XD even in card game i will play all tech cards, who needs meta? XD

4) I feel it's an okay idea as long as they arnt easy too easy to get and are resnoably priced and can't be bought with plat giveing us a reason to work for them it wont be amazing just.. nice for older players~ =D

5)The chat is functional but can be improved soooo much like in the void it can be difficult to read since it is white on white sometimes with the glow so custom colours would be nice, but better slash commands are a must some of the slash commands are bizzard and unintuative and it should also work for multipul inputs like (/p, /party, /Party, /PARTY, /Squad, /s, /S) these and more should all bring up the same chat since in the heat of the moment Caps might be on or i'm not thinking and if i played alot of MMO's i might want to call my squad a party and also raid like i may just not be thinking and i just want to type or whisper someone. The other thing is Tradeing chat it can be so hard to read the name of a seller scroll down the list cause is name is "xXsellingXx" meaning i need to scroll allll the way down to the bottom of the name list to find him, a list that is constantly moveing mind you as people enter and leave, and this could be solved just by haveing it not auto scroll to the bottom at EVERY post give use the ability to scroll back up with out it YANKING us back down the bottom so we can just click the name on the left of the seller also giveing us the time to read it properly thus also elimianting a the pm's of  "oh how much? wait, i thought you where buying, my bad i thought you where selling that"

b) weapon to build other weapons is fine IF 2 conditions are met

1- rank 0 weapons don't take up a weapon slot until they're equipped and don't gain affinity from affinity login rewards

2- the result weapon is AT THE VERY LEAST a sidegrade of the weapons used in construction, for example the redeemer is fine, the panthera and the ripkas definitely aren't 

1) Visually, I'd prefer an energy Nodachi, but energy Skana is also ok if it has viable fixed damage and/or scales with equipped melee weapon. We have examples of both in game, in Regulator Pistols and Valkyr's Claws. Now if only Cal can get something like that either, that would be great.

2) Only if the resulting weapon is noticeably better than prerequisites. Not Akjagara with monstrous recoil, and not Ripkas with attack speed of a sleepy manatee. Should I even mention [gaaaaasp] Panthera? Tiberon is pretty much the only weapon that's worth its cost.

3) Augment mods are used if they're good. There are those like Resonance that completely revive the frame they're made for, there are those like Radiant Finish that are niche but are fun to use. And then there is the vast majority of useless/weak/strange augments that could be equipped if they had no cost, but aren't worth the mod slot. What I'm saying is that a separate slot is going to help augments, but more courage on DE's part when designing augments is going to help augments much much more.

4) Super Forma is a great idea. As an avid maximizer I'd love a forma that adds more than one polarity. Forma that adds polarity without resetting weapon exp (but costs more) is probably not worth it for me though.

5) Chat could use some work but I don't believe it should be anywhere near the top of priority list. At the very least bugfixing, stability and a real game stat design framework are more important.

P.S. DE, please fix the Hind's fire rate. I wonder how many times I'll have to mention this before it gets noticed.

Do you like the idea of Excalibur getting an ability-activated weapon (ie, an energy Skana)?

Depends on how it works. As it is, it sounds a little too much like Hyesteria to begin with. I'd be interested in hearing more about what is being suggested or thought about.

In your opinion, should weapons be included as crafting requirements for other weapons?

Only if the resulting weapon is arguably worth the requirements. As it is, most of these weapons end up being a sidegrade and not an upgrade (not counting Tipedo which is great).

How frequently do you use Augment Mods?

Not often, and rarely more than 1 per warframe. I would like each Warframe to get 1 extra slot which only houses augments, but augments should still be available in regular mod slots still.

In your opinion, is a Super/Prime Forma a good idea?

Depend on how it's worked again. Polarizing two slots at once seems useful, but not really deserving it's own change I think (it's "neat" but not "super" or "Prime"). Allowing to polarize an item without resetting to rank 0 sounds intriguing, but it should either be very rare or require crafting with like 5-pre-made Formas as a requirement.

In your opinion, does Warframe’s chat need a rework?

Absolutely. IMO, the late and lamented City of Heros had one of the best chat systems in any MMO I've ever played. Being able to edit your tabs to include specific channels, being able to split chat to show mutliple tabs simultaneously, and adding more name-click commands or /slash commands would be fantastic.

After reading through this thread, (the super forma comments at least, since that's the thing I care about most) it seems everybody has their own ideas how super forma would/should work, and some ideas and assumptions seem really off the mark. This is something that needs to be explained more in-depth before we can really get a good opinion on it.

Its my assumption that Super/Prime forma would allow a player to add multiple polarizations to a single mod slot to allow more flexible mod configurations, instead of committing to a single build with single polarity slots and regular Forma. This is the only thing i can think of that makes any sense long-term, and the only thing that would be worth any real effort.

Since this would be sort of End-Game equipment progression, Super/Prime Forma would be Very expensive and time consuming to get. It would probably cost something like...

3 fully built Formas

5 Orokin Cells

1 Argon Crystal

1 possibly super rare resource that has not been released yet (or maybe Tellurium)

100k Credits.

Blueprint only drops in T3 or T4 missions, since that's the closest thing we have to End-Game right now.

I imagine some players who haven't played a long time would scoff at those costs and time investments, but this item would not be for them. Most vets would probably have enough supplies for some or a few of these before having to go off to find more resources and credits.

I made a comment earlier in this thread about other gameplay aspects Super/Prime Forma could have... Maybe I should make a suggestion thread about all this.

I use 2 augments on banshee and would love to have an augment slot for at least one of them. Because right now the augments make her stronger but I can't make her build perfect due to not enough space. And Chroma's build is full. I can't use an augment on him now and if he gets a nice augment mod I would love to be able to use it without ruining his build.

1) An energy weapon on Excalibur sounds neat! I love Valkyr's energy claws.

2) Weapons as crafting requirements can be super useful, because it can kind of suggest a progression of 'okay, so I go from this gun->this gun->this gun' rather than the experience I had, of looking at a mass of blueprints and going "Oh god, what do I do" - the freedom to just do stuff in whatever order you like is super nice, but it might also be nice to have something that's kind of like a core set of weapons that gets steadily better, by using the previous one, while still also having a bunch of stuff unrelated to the progressing weapons for people to just tinker around with as they see fit. It'd give new players who have no idea what they're doing (like me) a sense that they're definitely progressing with improving their weapons, rather than mostly making lateral improvements and stuff.

3) I'd use them if I could get my syndicate level up high enough, it takes forever. An augment slot sounds like a good idea, but might be punishing if you can only put an augment in that one slot and nowhere else, if there are builds that want to use multiple augments

4) Sure, sounds neat, as long as it's not super hard to get and required for a bunch of important-seeming stuff!

5) I found the chat a bit unwieldy at first, whenever I post in trade chat I tend to get like 10 PMs at once, and it's a nightmare trying to respond to most of them with 'got a better offer sorry' - also the first time I posted in there, it took me a while to even work out I WAS being PM'd because I'd assumed it would make a noise or something.

In your opinion, should weapons be included as crafting requirements for other weapons?

I'm OK with some requirements but some others are troublesome even for veterans. And for veterans especially (including rushers) building a weapon that is considered "MR fodder" is not only annoying but sometimes even troublesome (like getting 10 neural sensors). 

If the weapons were only a straights upgrades that would be something, but we are getting (in most cases) a completely different item and its not always considered appealing and good.

How frequently do you use Augment Mods?

On most cases i'm not using them. Only sometimes when i'm ranking up a frame. Main reason is because they don't fit my current build - their extras are not enough for the cons of a substitute of the mod.

Adding special slots for eugements is even more needed when we count how many mods we currently have for some frames.

Edited by Cracken

Excalibur could get a power activated weapon, but consider the damage of the weapon it's replacing. It would have to be very strong, and probably include the ability to fire a projectile slash.

A better alternative would be to have the power be a toggle that infused his current load out with additional damage and make it do finisher damage type.

On Excalibur:

I'm not a fan of power related weapons. It'd be more logical for me if the power would build upon the currently wielded weapon.

Weapons for building another:
It's okay in terms of advancement (Lex -> Aklex, dual swords, or modified ones), but totally disgusting if used as a locking requirement.

Augment slots:

HELL YEAH! Maybe you might add not one, but more depending on mastery rank (One at MR1, one additional for every 10 MR). Also, primaries and secondaries could use an augment slot also (which should work like stance mods).

Super/Prime forma:

Well, although I voted yes, this depends. I always hated relevelling of my items. Not only because it takes time, but for losing my current build, all the stats and so on. What if the normal forma can polarize one already polarized slot, but the super forma can polarize a blank one (without the relevelling requirements)? I'd use more forma then, now it's just a pain in the a$$ to rebuild an item from the scratch.

Chat 2.0:
Yes. I'd call it a bit user-unfriendly as it is now, a lot of trouble when you want to see what others are typing, and doing some tasks in the UI the same time.

Edited by tmtke

1. What is your opinion on weapon crafting requirements?

I think weapons as crafting requirement are fine. That Being said I would like DE to provide some for us veteran players to skip rebuild time of already leveled weapons we have sold. Some resource requirement compensation would also be nice but it is not absolutely necessary. Also it can pain to reacquire weapons like Miter or Seer pistol since rng can be frustrating at times. Having those kind of weapons as requirements is very of annoying since it can cause lots of unnecessary grinding for weapon that have been grinded once already. Also Lt. Kril is one of most annoying bosses to farm since killing him is mostly waiting that he can be damaged. My solution would be that players who have already acquired and leveled the weapons for max rank would get some sort of weapon token(s) that in place of the weapon. Those could then be used to build new weapons that require the old weapons.

2. Do you use Augments frequently enough to benefit from an Augment Slot? Do you think an Augment Slot is a good idea?

I think specific slot for one augment mod would be great addition. Of course it should only accept augment mods. Also you should be able to use augment mods in regular mod slots, even with the augment specific mod slot. In majority of frames I use at least one augment mod and would probably use more if the space allowed. Augments like Pilfering Swarm and Curative Undertow are great examples of augment mods I use always and have made mediocre frame into a great frame in some situations.

3. Do you like the idea of a more powerful forma that could polarize two slots instead of one? What about multiple polarizations, or polarization without level reset?

I'm not sure about this one. I'm definitely against forma that would allow polarization with out level reset. Firstly because leveling is not that hard, obviously it is time consuming but that is the point. Also allowing players to add polarization without level reset would be huge slap in the face of us veteran players. We have easily spent over a hundred formas on warframes and weapons and have always leveled them up again. Also I'm not sure about about adding two polarizations at once since as pointed by other people it seems option for lazy people. I also wonder where we would get prime/super formas? From the void? The loot lists are already too bloated. Alerts or void trader might work. Also what would be the build requirements so that it would be balanced with regular forma? Could you build it along side with regular forma? Being able to build it along side regular forma would most likely be its only selling point for me.

4. What improvements would you make to Warframe’s chat?

Ability to see multiple chat channels at the same time(in same window) would be appreciated a lot, preferably also being able to color code them at the same time. With that it would be also nice to use slash-commands to like /trade (/tr for sort) to talk in multiple channels. If that would be implemented I don't think I would need the ability to have multiple chat windows open simultaneously. Already suggested ability to Ctrl+F the chat window with word/phrase highlighting would really great. Ability to choose chat channel you go to when coming from mission or when logging in would be good for us who don't want to see region chat on logging in. Option to enable chat logging (in my hard drive) would nice addition.

Excalibur

I like some of the ideas that are being played with for Excalibur, but I don't like the idea of a locked-in, melee only ability like Hysteria. I'm hoping if it forces melee, it's a toggle with no casting animation, so you can immediately jump into and drop out of it on the move. Hysteria works as it is for Valkyr because it gives invulnerability and life steal. Excalibur should get some other kind of buffs while it is active, like movement speed, melee damage, and the slash "waves" obviously. I'm glad super jump is going away, provided jumping for all frames is improved considerably.

Weapons as Crafting Requirements

I would say using a weapon or two to craft another is fine. However, it is only fine provided the resulting weapon is unarguably BETTER than the weapons used to craft it. Numerous times, DE has shown that their logic for weapon stats can just completely fall apart and we end up with a weapon that is strictly worse than what was used to craft it, and then we keep needing to ask again and again for buffs to get these weapons where they already should have been to begin with.

Augment Slot

I'm a bit on the fence on this. On the one hand, augments should not be making abilities strictly better. They should always be choices, even trade-offs. Zephyr's Tornado augment is a good example of a trade-off. It loses the control aspect in favor of damage. The first ability elemental imbue augments shouldn't be augments because they strictly add something in their current format, but don't really offer enough to properly balance with a downside, so they would be better off as just being part of the ability so players can choose if they want to make use of it in that way. Many abilities have had augments introduced that not only make an ability strictly better, but also make the ability function at a level that it already should have to begin with. Frost's Ice Wave Impedance is a good example of this. Ice Wave has always been mediocre at best, and the control of the slow should have already been a function of the ability, at least to some extent (maybe 100% cold proc on all damaged enemies). We should be able to freely choose between form A or B of an ability without using a mod, sort of like Diablo III.

On the other hand, I know DE will probably never give us the alternative ability options I would prefer to see. So I either want augment mods to always be good enough to be worth considering in the place of another mod (change and slightly improve one ability at the cost of making other abilities less effective), or I want a way to use them without losing out on other mods and the augment be a balanced trade-off (augment mod slots).

Super/Prime Forma

Anything that makes the forma system less painful is fine by me. Some weapons are worth the forma but way too much of a pain to re-level. Tysis is a prime example. Make each forma increase the affinity a weapon gains so re-leveling a weapon gets faster each time. But really, anything that could be more rewarding in place of a single forma that only polarizes one slot and then forces me to completely re-level a weapon would be great.

Chat 2.0

Can't say I care too much about the chat system. It gets the job done for the most part. I would like for it to be easier to whisper players who just sent a message to me or who I last sent a message to without the whisper tabs, but mostly just because the tabs are a bit tricky to change between while in a mission. The best things I could hope for are the Recruiting tab to go away in favor of a matchmaking system, and the trading tab to go away in favor of an auction house/marketplace. I want a matchmaking system where you can choose what mission you want to do, what frame(s) you are willing play, if you will host, and if you have a key for it. I want an auction house because I drastically prefer looking through pages of items, checking prices, and buying/selling things without personal interaction with the buyer/seller or scrounging through chat trying to find out a reasonable price for something.

Augment Slot: I rarely use any of the warframe augments because builds are so complex on some frames that there is no slot to add these mods, besides most of them arent even worth replacing. Augment slots is good a idea!

Super/Prime Forma: leveling weapons isnt that hard and i would prefer to have multiple polarizations for more build variety

Chat: Needs a way to merge 2 o more private chats, for private group chat; notification when we receive new message and chat tab is hidden cause of chat box size (expanding all time is annoying and makes us miss chats sometimes); while in game we shouldnt have to press chat typing key to see when we have clan messages, but a small yellow icon notification with clan poping up (same for squad chat while on private on chats). This way we wouldnt miss chats on liset or in game.

Edited by N7-Creed