Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Talk Codex.

Pampkin_Christ

The Codex, one of the most overlooked activities in this game. There are very few people who take the time to actually complete the Codex as much as physically possible. These people have the patience of a GOD if they went through the pain of tracking and scanning all the eximus units. There needs to be a reward. As a personal "Codex-Completionist" it feels really pointless to do the Codex. There's no reward other than self-satisfaction. Myself and other Codex users agree that there needs to be a reward. Whether it be a skin, a weapon, an attachment, a sigil, ANYTHING. As of now there is no real reason to do the Codex. I'd love to hear some ideas for a reward for this and I hope DE sees this and maybe chooses a few. I know I'm not the only person frustrated about working on the Codex and getting nothing.

i bet theres gonna be comments like. DONT FORCE US TO DO THE CODEX. Im not a codex doer, but if there was a sigil reward weapon, or anything like that. I be down with doing it

Edited by rechot

I want to see more lore for finishing a codex entry

Say for example a lancer lore you would get if you finished a codex entry on them

"The lancers are the backbone of the Grineer military, cloned in mass numbers in the underwater labs of Uranus, these soldiers are a formidable threat to the Tenno and all who oppose them and the will of the Grineer empire." 

I would like stuff like that, more lore stuff

Edited by Amethyst.zero

You can fight scanned enemies (other than bosses) in the Simulacrum and read the info from in game (Slightly faster than the Wikia).

Other than that?

Errrrrrr... No.

D:

not the best reward tho. I mean i guess its good, but it could be better

I agree that there should be some recognition present for completing (or reaching milestones) in codex entries.

For example, for each enemy codex completed, we get a reward from the their rare drop table in addition to more lore on the enemy.

For bosses, perhaps a random blueprint associated with them? Perhaps a badge or a weapon skin.

And of course something very special for those ultimate codex gurus.

Heck, to my knowledge, there isn't even an achievement for completing the codex...

i'm on ps4 but i'm also a codex completionist. i literally only have 4 more enemy scans (damn you darvo) and those rare containers and everything will be 100% complete. just like Nipple, i do it for myself but it would be neat to get a sigil or a badge. something like that would be cool and not make others feel like they have to do it or miss out on a must have item.

i'm on ps4 but i'm also a codex completionist. i literally only have 4 more enemy scans (damn you darvo) and those rare containers and everything will be 100% complete. just like Nipple, i do it for myself but it would be neat to get a sigil or a badge. something like that would be cool and not make others feel like they have to do it or miss out on a must have item.

I'm happy to hear PS4 members are taking an interest in the Codex!

Weapons or increased stats with codex, no.

Getting a special sigil, badge, forum title or something like an improved scanner after you finished fully scanning 50/100/150/200 enemies or something like that, sure.

Right now I have a handful of codex entries that I cant complete because they're stuck at 2/12 or whatever, but otherwise I've completed the codex as much as I can.  I would like for there to be a small benefit to codex completers, but I'd also like for them to iron out the bugs first.

I do it when I'm bored. Now I only scan for rep. Wiki still offers superior info, in numbers and not in icons. --- +++ +, and its quicker. You cant even control the preview camera on the models.

Also will never complete the rare container scans as seeing a orange container through a wall surrounded by greens make them easy to spot without going out of my way.

I want to see more lore for finishing a codex entry

Say for example a lancer lore you would get if you finished a codex entry on them

"The lancers are the backbone of the Grineer military, cloned in mass numbers in the underwater labs of Uranus, these soldiers are a formidable threat to the Tenno and all who oppose them and the will of the Grineer empire."

I would like stuff like that, more lore stuff

Nice

I'm also a Codex Completionist and... I'd love to see something earned from the hours of time it can take to get things like Frontier Eviscerator Eximus... or the 50 scans of Chroma in the newest quest line... T_T

it's funny cause they changed the required number of scans for chroma (I think it's 3 now? Maybe it's 1), sorry bud.