The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Everyone Really Okay Being Used?

SoIaris

I mean, it seems like you can't join a endless mode without a certain set of frames or you'll be kicked. I don't understand where this came from, it used to be like you could play any mission with any frame and noone would think twice about your choices. Now it seems Mesa, Frost, and Trinity are must haves for defense. Leaving 1 open spot, and recently that spot seems to always be filled by a Nekros. 

What I mean to say is, are you all okay with being used as a tool, rather than a player? Because if this truly is the only way to get past wave 45 in T4 I think something really needs to change.

It's not so much that you have to be a certain frame, but if you're going for "Endless" certain frames will scale better, thus providing more to the team.

If you want to bring other frames, make friends and run it with them, or host your own keys.

and as for your list it's quite a bit longer. (For Defense)

A-Team:Trinny, Nova, Vaub, loki, Mesa (Only w/ damage buffer), GPMag

B-Team: Banshee, Volt, Banshee, Limbo, Mirage (Unless she's being used to buff, in which case she's A-Team)

Subjective team: Ash, Chroma, Hydroid, Zephyr, Nyx, Valkyr

Pretty much any frame can go in there if you explain why you're bringing it in almost every single game I've played.

Edited by SaviorSykess

It's not so much that you have to be a certain utility, but if you're going for "Endless" certain frames will scale better, thus providing more to the team.

If you want to bring other frames, make friends and run it with them, or host your own keys.

I know what you mean, but why can't every frame do things others can. DE said they were already working on fixing this yet it seems the community doesn't really want it to change all that much.

You call it being used as a tool. Others call it filling a role.

I called it being used because it seems like people are playing these frames for 1 singular reason, and that that reason takes no skill or really having to try. Ex. Mesa 4, Trin energy vamp, Frost shield

I know what you mean, but why can't every frame do things others can. 

Because what's the point of picking one frame if they're all the SAME? 

Each frame is unique and different but some can fill similar roles.  No need to 

THe uniqueness of the  warframes is what makes this game...remove that and bad things will happen

I don't know if you're just low level or something, but I've consistently seen Greedy Mag and Loki as well.

Once you get up to the higher levels of Warframe, it doesn't matter how much damage you can do, it only matters what utility you can bring. Damage frames like Valkyr, Saryn, and Ash are effectively worthless in endless, because once you've progressed past the point that their abilities can't kill everything [or anything], they lose all value, whereas frames with CC and buff abilities maintain their value.

Well.. take other online F2P games for instance.. there will always be "requisitions" for dungeons/instances.. some are even freaking ridiculous like "MUST HAVE <Weapon>+15 WITH 974893789 SOCKETED STUFF OR NONO".. there will always be ´people demanding that kind of stuff everywhere, however, I agree something needs to be done in order for every frame to be viable in "endgame" .. I mean.. we do have a lot of frames not just the regular frames everybody uses in those missions. DE said they will try to balance out the frames so they're more in a common ground.. let's just hope it isn't Ember-common-ground. That's  just IMO.

I don't know if you're just low level or something, but I've consistently seen Greedy Mag and Loki as well.

I know that, its just every time I do a T4 Im forced into going loki. But even then people complain how better it would be with a Nekros or another trin.

Because what's the point of picking one frame if they're all the SAME? 

Each frame is unique and different but some can fill similar roles.  No need to 

THe uniqueness of the  warframes is what makes this game...remove that and bad things will happen

It's not so much that you're removing the uniqueness. I personally love my saryn, but I'd not bring it into W40 T4D. She just wouldn't have enough utility after a certain point, at which point I'd be useless. The reason certain frames are favored is because they easily scale for endless missions and you don't really need to worry about if the player is "Good" or not.

You can bring anything you want, really, but unless you know what you're doing, or can explain it, people do NOT want you wasting their key on your goofiness.

This is really well said.

Edited by SaviorSykess

I wouldn't consider myself bad at the game, but I dont exactly have full forma'd all prime weapons if that's what you meant by being low level.

Your Mastery Rank is kinda a mark of shame until you pass a certain point. Not going to lie, I pass over anyone below MR8 when I host T4 stuffs. Other stuffs I'm fine with bringing low MR's. However I just don't want to risk that the person I bring will be dead weight, as so many newer players are since they go for prime farm > Mod Farm in my experience.

I called it being used because it seems like people are playing these frames for 1 singular reason, and that that reason takes no skill or really having to try. Ex. Mesa 4, Trin energy vamp, Frost shield

The host has a preplanned strategy and wants players that will fulfill a role. Not the same as "being used". If anything it's the one providing a key who is being used.

this is also a classic thing that MMOs use called Party setup, in another mmo you arent going to run a mission with mostly rouges and no dps/tanks/healers right? samething with Warframe.People want to use the frames that will benefit the team most.

Yah, I know that feeling, I ignore most of those recruiters and join those that dont demand stupid things.

There´s ppl demanding frame X or Y for such simple things such T1 surv or def, and its not like they plan to stay long.

I have all the frames but I play with those I want, and I'm sick of seeing the Gmag's requests for everything and anything.

Seems more and more ppl only think about efficient farms and exploits, no wonder DE is acting crazy nerfing all they see.

From my own experience, everytime i start a T4D group in recruit chat. People will still use Frost, Nova, Trinity, Loki and Mesa even i didn't specifically ask for it. I rarely see something different. Also, if you like playing something special, start your own group. Noone's here to force you to do anything. 

Seems more and more ppl only think about efficient farms and exploits, no wonder DE is acting crazy nerfing all they see.

This is partially what i meant to bring up. They nerfed excal a bunch and the community retaliated so hard he is now being reworked. Now noone is complaining about his usefulness and more just waiting for the rework. All I can hope for is the rework won't make his 4 pure damage.

I rarely see something different. Also, if you like playing something special, start your own group. Noone's here to force you to do anything. 

But, it seems like I'm confined to inviting clan members as, when I host ( and i generally host my own games) a T4 D or S people want me to do what they want or they let me start the game / wave then leave. Causing me to be either alone or with 2 others who will probably leave. Clan members are fine, but not always wanting to join on the higher level content.

But, it seems like I'm confined to inviting clan members as, when I host ( and i generally host my own games) a T4 D or S people want me to do what they want or they let me start the game / wave then leave. Causing me to be either alone or with 2 others who will probably leave. Clan members are fine, but not always wanting to join on the higher level content.

Tell them what you can do if someone is questioning your frame choice. Try to defend yourself and convince them. I agree that a lot of newer players are less familiar to frame that is out of the meta. But most of the veteran players should have a good idea how a comp work the moment they see it. I do goofy stuff in long T4 defense sometime and when people ask what am I doing I always explain to them.

Tell them what you can do if someone is questioning your frame choice. Try to defend yourself and convince them.

A lot of people have brought this up earlier, but it seems they just ignore you after seeing your frame / wep choice. I mean I'm like half a wep away from MR 10 so idk if it's MR or what