Saryn Nuke Build

Fedaykyn

Question

I've just started using Saryn and I've made a build with these percentages:
Duration      22%
Efficiency  125%
Range       235%
Strenght    138%

Are those good for a nuke build? Are rage/steel fiber good for her?

Edited by Fedaykyn

13 answers to this question

Drop the Blind Rage to Rank 2 so you can get +75% efficiency. Miasma can be spammed if needed; two casts that costs the minimum are going to deal more damage than one cast which has double the cost. This is true of all damaging abilities.

Level up the TF as much as you can, each rank adds both damage and reduces duration, which adds damage.

The 'Core' of a nuke build is:

FE max, Streamline at least R2

Transient Fortitude max, or as high as you can afford to get it

Stretch

The rest is fluff; OE adding more range at the cost of damage, Intensify and BR adding more power strength, NT making you cast faster, Regenerative Molt and Rage letting you cycle health, etc.

Just the max FE and TF increases Miasma's damage to 6975 Corrosive damage.

More Saryn stuff:

Tips, in no particular order:

Use 75% efficiency for a Miasma spam build. This means no BR, or only a rank 2. Miasma can be spammed.

Less duration = more damage from each cast of Miasma.

Arcane Chlora Helmet reduces duration.

Partial durations (ie not +/- 25%) will result in an invisible Miasma tick (it still does damage, just no popup)

Regenerative Molt will heal for ~2-3 ticks even with minimized duration - works ok on a Miasma build.

With RM, Rage is more useful than Steel Fiber.

Building support with Venom spam, especially with the augment, is a legit setup.

+/- range mods do not affect the spread range of Venom, just the activation range.

Venom is more easily spread by a hitscan weapon with punchthrough with low damage/bullet (or pellet).

Contagion is useless. (:S)

As with every frame, you want access to CP aura, so either swap the aura to - or add extra forma.

So, there's two setups with two builds each that I use (mods maxxed unless noted):

Nuker:

AoE Nuker (#1):

Vitality

FE

Streamline (R3+)

Stretch

OE

TF

Intensify

NT

High Level Nuker (#2):

Vitality

Rage

Regenerative Molt

Stretch

FE

Streamline (R3+)

TF

Intensify

This gives you a great Corrosive nuke, which stuns, for 25 energy. The first build gives you only +25% damage, but you still deal 5822 Corrosive damage, which is enough for most content, and has the largest possible range and faster casts. The second build gives you a decent Regen Molt, and Rage allows effective health cycling/regeneration. Build #2 is for harder content, so the nuke hits for 8617 Corrosive, albeit with less range.

Support/Amp:

Damage Amp (#1):

Venom Dose

Streamline

TF

BR

Intensify

Primed Continuity

Narrow Minded

Constitutio

Debuffer (#2):

Venom Dose

FE

Streamline

TF

R7 BR

Primed Continuity

Narrow Minded

Constitution

This allows you to buff teammates for great damage boosts (the focus of #1) and debuff enemies with spreading Viral procs (the focus of #2) which reduces enemy health by half. A good compromise is to swap Constitution in the second build for Intensify, which gives you a great amount of strength with a still decent duration.

(Aura is CP for Grineer/Void, ES for Corpus/Infested)

Mods are maxxed unless stated otherwise.

Pure-Nuke is: [good for speedruns]

Stretch, OE, FE, Streamline, TF, Intensify, Rank 2 BR, NT

Self-Sustain Nuke is: [good for high level content]

Stretch, FE, Streamline, TF, Intensify, Rage, Vitality, Regenerative Molt

Venom Spam is: [Good for high level defenses, amping another person's nuke (etc Mesa)]

Streamline, NM, (Primed)Continuity, Constitution, TF, Intensify, Venom Dose

-> Last mod is Rank 4 FE for easier Viral spreading, or maxxed BR for higher damage amplification to the team.

Acronyms:

OE = Overextended

FE = Fleeting Expertise

TF = Transient Fortitude

BR = Blind Rage

NT=Natural Talent

Edited by Darzk

I use fleeting, streamline, transient, intensify and overextended. that's the perfect exterminate and/or low levelish murder. costs 25 (1 orb) so I can spam it quite hard.

works well on all void exterminates except on the fatties that you gotta shoot a bit. works well up until 20 min on void survival.

got a max power build too but it's a bit crap since you can cast it so seldom. the build above is by far the most demolishing saryn build I got and I've toyed around quite a bit.

rest of the build is redirection, vitality and rush. and the arcane speed helmet. I skipped steel fiber since I don't think she's not as good as other frames if you're going on long hard runs.

Edited by dddeath

I've just noticed that if I put Blind Rage R2 with maxed FE and Streamline it doesn't affect efficiency. How's that? I don't get the math.

Maxxed FE and Streamline gives you 90% efficiency, which the game truncates at a 75% efficiency cap.

Maxxed FE and Streamline with a Rank 2 BR gives you 75% efficiency, which is the cap.

Maxxed FE and Streamline gives you 90% efficiency, which the game truncates at a 75% efficiency cap.

Maxxed FE and Streamline with a Rank 2 BR gives you 75% efficiency, which is the cap.

Oh yes, I did terrible math.