Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bare Minimal Essentials To Create Your Own Ghost Clan

(PSN)jensyao

Question

What is the price of freedom?

From tyrannical rulers?

From unjust societies?

Wouldn't it be nice to make your own humble abode that you call home?

This is not for the fainthearted or for the uninspired.

Usually, it takes a specific individual with a big ego and arrogant ways to make a clan. (Hence, tyrants...no wonder they're called warlords!)

Let's break the mold and distribute this power to the commonwealth of ordinary people.

This is the bare minimum essentials you need to create your own ghost clan (10 members, including yourself):

496,000 Credits
    1,350 Alloy Plates
           3 Argon Crystals
    8,390 Circuits
         15 Control Module
    2,500 Crytoic
       155 Detonite ampule
           8 Detonite Injector
       259 Fieldron Sample
           8 Fieldron
  13,050 Ferrite
         12 Forma
           8 Gallium
           8 Morphics
       360 Mutagen sample
           8 Mutagen Mass
  62,550 Nano Spores
           7 Neural Sensors
           1 Neurode
           2 Orokin Cells
       515 Oxium
    4,525 Plastids
  29,650 Polymer Bundle
    2,475 Rubedo
  22,950 Salvage
           4 Tellurium

*Note: This is the amount of credits and resources to complete the bare minimal floor plan, complete all the research, make the clan key, and create the trade post. This does NOT include the resources and credits needed to build the researched weapons and frames in your foundry. This does NOT include pigments. The last weapons I added are the Kohmak and the Dual Raza.

Is this the price of freedom?

You can make your own society from scratch.

Where you are the sole proprietor.

Where your rule is law.

Do you got what it takes?

The floor layout looks like a fly swatter, but this is just the minimal design:

RRXXRR
RRXXRR
RRXXRR
RRXXRR
OOXXEE
OOXXEE
     HH
     HH
     HH
     HH
     EE
     EE

R = research

H = clan hall, which is already provided and you don't have to build

E = reactor energy

X = X shaped cross connector

O = Orokin lab

Time ETA for clan key: 1 day

Time ETA for floor plan: 2-3 days

Platinum if you need to rush everything: ~ 95

Time ETA to get all research done (not including pigments): 12-13 days (plus 2-3 days if you don't rush the floor plan)

Total time ETA with research completed: 15-17 days (12-13 days if you rush)

Now, you got a few questions to ask yourself:

What is holding you back?

Are you happy with your current situation?

What is preventing you from making your own clan right now?

Is today the lucky day that the little bird is going to flee the nest and make a nest of his own?

Here is your worksheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tyKwEWLV5u0yNjuElLuDgjbUD35sOAy6CIVT2kyeFFA/edit?usp=sharing

Just make sure you buy up all the research blueprints and do all your trading at your old clan because you wont be seeing those things for a while at your new place!

GL

Sincerely,

A recently liberated individual who made his own clan

PS: if you're on playstation, join "OUR" alliance. Just PM me on PSN and I'll add your clan.

GL, again

24 answers to this question

What are the Argons for?

I left my old clan a long time ago and formed a family clan and built the dojo with all research labs, obstacle course, etc,  practically solo.

It's definitely doable.

Sadly I'm no decorator so aside form having all the halls, it's fairly bare.

If I could only learn how to float objects in the dojos I might bother with it.

Mine is called Castle Adribard. We're at 3/10.

It's just myself and a friend IRL. I used to invite noobs every now and then to use my research and then let them leave but lately all the noobs either flatly do not use chat or have already been gobbled up by some mega clan. One noob stayed and is not a noob anymore, but that's okay. He's cool. 

The only problem I run into is the prerequisites for rooms. I built some of the halls I didn't want to use so I could center my dojo around the largest one, but now I can't deconstruct the old ones so I just have this long line of huge empty rooms off to one side of the place. :P

Thanks for making this list, one of my (slightly depressing) dreams is to have my own one man clan+alliance (so I can have an awesome unique emblem for each shoulder).

yea, that's 300p right there for the 2 emblem submissions (if they go through)

A couple things to tell DE: The 150p emblem submission fee should be pooled among clan members like contributions for everything else...and also, the clan vault platinum can't be taken out to pay for the emblem submission, unfortunately

yea, that's 300p right there for the 2 emblem submissions (if they go through)

A couple things to tell DE: The 150p emblem submission fee should be pooled among clan members like contributions for everything else...and also, the clan vault platinum can't be taken out to pay for the emblem submission, unfortunately

I can get behind this, as someone who paid for my current clan's emblem twice (trying to fix obnoxious white pixels on the image).

Edited by rapt0rman

If you went with that basic setup in OP, how hard is it to move rooms around once you get more materials? Or is it better to plan the layout you want and calculate the extras you will need and build it once? 

The OP left a spot at the top so you could expand in that direction. There's really no need to destroy the old rooms unless you want to incorporate them into your final design. You can destroy them, but I think it takes 8 hours to do so, and you can't destroy a building that is a prerequisite to another building (e.g. you have to destroy your chem lab before you destroy your oracle, not the other way around). Then you have to wait and rebuild everything.

My dojo has a very similar layout to the OP's. What I did once I started building aesthetic rooms was effectively convert all the research, power generators, and old clan hall into the basement. I built a larger clan hall above the old stuff and started building gardens and such off of that. You'll want a quick way to access your labs and such, which is easily accomplished via teleporters.

@ OP,

Really nice work. I wish I had something like this when I was starting out, although it was kinda fun figuring it out on my own. Just a suggestion, you might want to separate out the building costs from the research costs as well as provide a grand total, just so people can get an idea what it takes to lay in the foundation prior to completing any research.

If you went with that basic setup in OP, how hard is it to move rooms around once you get more materials? Or is it better to plan the layout you want and calculate the extras you will need and build it once? 

not sure if you saw tab 2 of the worksheet on google drive.

yeah, i planned my floor layout beforehand.

it is somewhat easy to recover from the basic fly-swatter floor layout because you can delete rooms.

just know that some rooms are prerequisites of one another, like oracle needs to be built before any research labs. great hall needs to be built before greater hall, which needs to be built before grand hall, which needs to be built before grandest hall.

luckily, the platinum you use to rush or to make rooms/decorations will go back in the clan vault 100% if you decide to delete the room (2 hour wait time each)

What you can do with the fly swatter minimal floor layout is that you can first create it:

RRXXRR

RRXXRR

RRXXRR

RRXXRR

OOXXEE

OOXXEE

HH

HH

HH

HH

EE

EE

Then, if you don't like it, make a reactor and delete some rooms

EE

EE

RRXXRR

RRXXRR

RRXXRR

RRXXRR

OOXXEE

OOXXEE

HH

HH

HH

HH

Because the bottom is open, you can begin again and build at the bottom...and it absorbs itself...so no harm done

...or you can continue building at the top from the basic layout

Edited by (PS4)jensyao

Just a suggestion, you might want to separate out the building costs from the research costs as well as provide a grand total, just so people can get an idea what it takes to lay in the foundation prior to completing any research.

with the power of excel, i can do that

Credits and resources needed for: Basic fly-swatter floor layout, clan key, and trading post

This includes labs, connectors, reactors, oracle

8,500 Credits

800 Alloy Plates

2,450 Circuits

1,050 Ferrite

11 Forma

4,600 Nano Spores

1,750 Polymer Bundle

6,500 Salvage

...is that hard to believe or what?

Credits and resources needed for: all the research completed

487,500 Credits

550 Alloy Plates

3 Argon Crystals

5,940 Circuits

15 Control Modules

2,500 Crytoic

155 Detonite ampules

8 Detonite Injectors

259 Fieldron Samples

8 Fieldron

12,000 Ferrite

1 Forma

8 Gallium

8 Morphics

360 Mutagen samples

8 Mutagen mass

57,950 Nano Spores

7 Neural Sensors

1 Neurode

2 Orokin Cell

515 Oxium

4,525 Plastids

27,900 Polymer

2,475 Rubedo

16,450 Salvage

4 Tellurium

Great Summary Jensyao.

I embarked on the same process a month ago and have not looked back.

If someone has been playing for a couple months (or years) "most" of the resource requirements are no problem. Forma and Argon crystals end up becoming the bottlenecks and are a pain to Farm.

I'm finding research the most onerous part for no other reason than the 3x day research/building delay.

Biggest issue now is waiting for my Emblem to clear the review period....

Luv it mate.

Just followed your guide and have all the rooms done, only took 5 store bought formas and a few rushed crossroads.

Not bad for only playing a month.

Though I totally recommend placing teleports to get around, if you're lazy like me.

Cheers