Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vey Hek Assassination (Oro) Is Tedious

After making three attempts to farm for hydroid, I was only ever able to be Hek once, and that was because of one particularly resourceful Nova tenno who primed him at the right moment.

De, I don't say this lightly about anything in this game...

This fight sucks.  It's tedious, it's too hard, and it's not fun.  With the exception of Kela and Tyl, you guys seem to LOVE having invincible Grineer.  Vor and Kril (together and separate) are their own brand of annoying, but those fights still feel winnable.  Vor Teleports, but can still be beaten.  Kril is slow and easily out-maneuvered, but will wreck you if he hits you.

Vey Hek flies, has a mask that pops up and down, can one-shot your energy meter, has a ton of backup and has FIVE SEPARATE PHASES.  The first three phases are an irritating warm-up to the fourth fight.  I like the arena, I like the premise of the fight.  I like the FIFTH phase of the fight when he doesn't have invincibility frames.

It's hard enough hitting flying targets, especially for us console Tenno.  It's really annoying that only one part of him is vulnerable at any given time, and the part that is vulnerable isn't that way very long.  Meanwhile you have stun-locking Helions, magnetizing Hek, and occasionally wild Kubrows nipping and nicking and destroying you.  It's also very annoying that he doesn't shut up for the entirety of the fight.  I'll usually wind up quitting because his babbling annoyed me into submission (in addition to all the other angering stuff that makes this fight suck)

When I say the fight is too hard, I mean that I ran through two complete Soma stocks (full Soma ammo TWICE got the boss health down 1/4, in conjunction with two other Tenno).  If I'm pouring that much ammo into a boss, it's possible I have my weapon modded wrong, or his defense is WAY too high.

Part of me wonders if you guys designed this fight with the idea that it would be long and drawn-out, and in order to ensure that people didn't quit, you locked this fight behind a key.  Now that you've "unlocked" this boss, his flaws are showing and they are really ugly flaws.  When a bunch of people cried for a weapon nerf, you nerfed the weapon.  Now I request you nerf Vey Hek.  I must have spent 30 minutes on each run (hour and a half total) only to come out with one Hydroid part.

As a suggestion: keep the flying phase in the first 3 times, and give him way less health on those first three encounters.  On the last encounter, give him very low health, as if he's going to die, then BOOM, giant robot. Keep it so that we can shoot it wherever, and just give that phase a bit more health.  The frenetic chase around earth can be left in, but its way less tedious.  

As it stands now, he is one of the final bosses. If he were easier, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be incredibly disappointed in DE. Warframe's missions in general go by far too quickly, so difficult bosses are a welcome change from the old pace.

Also, proof that Soma is not always the best weapon. :P

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

A boss that can only take damage from a tiny weak spot AND that weak spot is only open sometimes AND it has an attack with zero telegraph or avoidability that will drain your entire energy bar

God DE really love piling on BS to try and make enemies "challenging"

He's just heavily bugged. Sometimes when he as a flyer is low on health, he doesn't summon his Terra Frame. Instead he turtles with face closed until some lancers spawn. He sucks 'em dry of their vital juices, opens his face for half a second and continues turtling. Forever.

A boss that can only take damage from a tiny weak spot AND that weak spot is only open sometimes AND it has an attack with zero telegraph or avoidability that will drain your entire energy bar

God DE really love piling on BS to try and make enemies "challenging"

He's just heavily bugged. Sometimes when he as a flyer is low on health, he doesn't summon his Terra Frame. Instead he turtles with face closed until some lancers spawn. He sucks 'em dry of their vital juices, opens his face for half a second and continues turtling. Forever.

That's the thing, I don't mind him being hard, but THIS garbage is what I consider to be an "artificial" bump in difficulty instead of a legit challenge.

Again: I expect him to be hard, my soma was modded for crit + corrosive, but I just wasn't pouring enough damage into him. The final phase of the fight where he's in the giant mech is WAY more fun than the rest of the fight. 

I'm not whining 'cuz it's too challenging and I'm a noob -- I'm MR14, I think my complaints are legitimate because it's not fun.  It's "too hard" not CHALLENGING.  

Challenging is the heavy blade escalation.  Conclave below 400 with just a melee weapon and level 100-150 enemies that can one-shot me? That's challenging -- a challenge I can't do, but I know they play tested it before they released it. Challenging is Alad V and Zanuka, which might be a gimmick fight, but there's a clear way to win once you've done it one time.

Too hard is Vey Hek and General Ruk, with teeny tiny hitboxes and invulnerability the rest of the time.  Ruk isn't hard now that I'm MR14 -- I can over-power him easily.  That doesn't mean he's not broken.

Well, Escalation was BAD. For example, imagine a reinforced bulletproof glass wall with a candy behind it. A regular candy that you just eat and forget. If you have a bunch of people with sledgehammers and TNT, you can get that candy in no time. But if you are alone and unarmed, you can bang against the barrier until it breaks, you break or somebody else gets the candy from the other side.

Well, Escalation was BAD. For example, imagine a reinforced bulletproof glass wall with a candy behind it. A regular candy that you just eat and forget. If you have a bunch of people with sledgehammers and TNT, you can get that candy in no time. But if you are alone and unarmed, you can bang against the barrier until it breaks, you break or somebody else gets the candy from the other side.

Perhaps it's a matter of opinion :) I wasn't able to win the escalation, but I understand that it was designed to be simply that tough.

Take energy and ammo restores and you will be fine.

The problem is: he can sap my energy without notice and he can heal himself.  It's obnoxious and not fun.

I can do every boss but this ducker. Omfg. I do agree with this so much, to the point that I boycotted Vay Hek until the boss gets a rework. I rather just START with the Terra Frame rather than following his butt around, getting magnetic procs up the butt, then getting shot/bit up the butt. Coupled with <5 fps and this boss is literally the worst boss I have fought. I rather take any cheap Fighting game boss (Say Shadow Jago) and any cheap FPS boss (Say Leon from RE: RC) and put them together rather to fight Vay Hek's Flying Frame again. 

The flying part took me 2 hours. The Frame took me 10 seconds. It's a big let down anyways, so don't anyone say "Oh, he's s'pose to be this tough" because he's not "tough" , he's broken. 

Something to remedy this is make the WHOLE FLYING THING a hitbox that can take damage and he face taking great damage. Set the health damage limit to 1/3, then repeat 3 times to Terra. Boom. Boss done.  

The flying part took me 2 hours. The Frame took me 10 seconds. It's a big let down anyways, so don't anyone say "Oh, he's s'pose to be this tough" because he's not "tough" , he's broken. 

This. This exactly.  I frequently don't die because I run out of ammo or energy, but because I've lost my will to fight this boss.  Honestly, if you guys just take away his ability to heal himself, this boss would be almost fun and fair.  The tedium comes from chipping away that same 25% health over and over and over again.  It's bad enough his cronies are chipping away at your health, but the fact that he can use them to heal REALLY sucks the fun out of this fight.

I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

Sure, he has a crap load of HP and a decent armor, all together with 30+ secs of invul until he shows his face...

And that makes it hard?

He can get your energy down? You gonna shot him, not spell-hit him. I actually spell-hit him with Shuriken.

I usually go by Dread, i normally end out of arrows around when he as 1/4 of HP left, then i just either change to Despair 180% Multishot or wait for me other teammate to shot him down.

How the hell can the TERRA Frame be more fun? You take at least, 4/5 minutes in a good run on the flying, and barely 5 secs on the TERRA. Hell i 2shot hit with Dread if i happen to get a Red Crit.

Being on console i can partially agree that he is hard, since aiming is not a good feature on controller, i've tried it myself and it was awful, but regardless of that, he is not "too hard and not challenging", he is just "right".

Maybe i'm just lucky, truth be told i've only run him like 5 times.

Edited by Endrance

Ditto. Ordinarily, the best place to farm rare resources is to kill the boss for that node. Not for neurodes. Fighting Hek is utterly, hideously dull. I'd forgotten how annoying it was because of the key restriction - the amount of effort required to see this one boss was so high that I never looked at him once after getting Hydroid (this is a very bad thing, DE - if you spend effort putting in these bosses and I think "nope, not worth it", then you've failed). When it was de-keyed, I went in there with a clanmate who still didn't have the hentaiframe and promptly said "no more" after re-remembering exactly how tedious the whole thing is.

I'm usually the last person to make "this boss sucks" threads, but I feel like when the boss takes an hour+ to kill when you know HOW to beat the boss, something is inherently flawed.  

It is my hope that De's intention of de-keying this boss was so that more players could access him so they can get more feedback so that he won't be so tedious.

I can only hope someone in De will see this thread and figure out something as far as adjusting this fight to make it more fair.

Edit:

To clarify: I don't want this boss to be "easier." I want it to be fun.  Fun doesn't have to be easy.  T4 Intercept when Corrupted Vor shows up is not easy, but is a lot of fun.  

An example of a change to make this boss fun while maintaining the level of difficulty would be to decrease the number of non-boss-units that are with him.  Give him like 6 or 10 units, make them Prosecutors, and that makes them as much a threat as he is, without us having to keep killing an endless spawn of health-pods for the boss.

The simplest change would be to remove his ability to heal.  It is annoying to no end that he can just suck up Grineer juice whenever he wants.

Edited by (PS4)IkariWarrior83