The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Makes A Good Warframe Player

(PSN)geraldy19

I don't look at Mastery as a reflection of one's skill. Anyone and everyone could/can level up gear. 

I solo most of the time, but when I am co-oping, I try to look for people who work as a team and stick together. 

You should not be 50 miles away bleeding out from trying to rambo the enemy spawns.

Logically, ranks can do a bit, because you don't rank up for nothing, but skills and using his brain is.

No. You rank up by leveling weapons and frames. I could be mastery rank 18 and never been outside of Venus.

Edited by Alphafox

A good team player that is willing and able to play any role that is needed to help the team succeed in whatever mission they are doing. Knowing how to properly play each role, CC - support - offense - defense. Understanding the mechanics of the game (elemental and physical damage, and how to use each), along with knowing what mods actually do to a weapon or warframe. 

Other than that, not being a troll or just flat out rude. I don't care how good you are, if you are a troll, there is a special place in hell for you. As one ps4 guy was nice enough to post up a video of karma being a ***** when he was trolling in a tower defense. 

Through personal experience, what makes a good warframe player is...

1. Their Experience with the game. 

They can use their weapons correctly, use the skills they can efficiently, make a build on their warframe that works and does not go all to the fourth ability just to spam the ever living crap out of it.

2. Their interactions with the players

I like playing with new people because I can show them things and they can learn about the game as they go along. It's fun to see them piece stuff together and honestly, I like coming in to save the day of my allies.

3. Their attitude

My experience going into a relay one time was saying I was a "call-on Mercenary" and someone replied "You aren't a mercenary, that's an assassin." BUT, Assassins are paid to kill a single target. Mercenaries are paid to DO WHATEVER YOU PAY THEM TO DO. 

4. Mastery Rank isn't everything

I like it when people relate to you on a level of skill as you play the game, not what the profile screen tells you.

In my eyes, this is what makes a good player and member of the community.

Hate to use a cliche but there is no "I" in TEAM.

It also helps if you do not bite off more than you can chew.

Reviving someone every couple seconds can seriously ruin your enjoyment of the game or mission.

I realize that everyone needs to test their limits but it is better to use some smaller steps.

The golden rule always applies: Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Personally, so long as someone doesn't try to be a fun sponge (as in, killing everything before anyone gets a chance, leaving everyone else with nothing to do but watch), that's a great start. After that, ability to adapt and work around the team, regardless of composition, to always be able to assist or to be able to react based on circumstance.

The ability not to judge or deride someone for their load out or build choice and just...well, general human decency really.

After that, not sure. I spend most of my time solo because I tend to stumble into more camping/elitist type matches than I would really like. Each to their own, sure, but if you can't have fun with that person, you don't play with that person.