The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobility: How Important Is It To You?

PookieNumnums

also people who complain about things such as aesthetics or realism have such poor logic.

its OK that 1 frame can move nearly 50% faster than another, just because DE says so, or that the game completely ignores things like physics on a regular basis....  but hey, if a ninja can fly with a good melee weapon "anyone" can use, then that is all of a sudden game-breaking.

give me a break, lol. 

Actually yea, different frames having different movement abilities and warframes having powers that alter the laws of physics are fine, not just because DE says so, but because they designed the game systems and balanced around them. Coptering is a bug that's way outside the scope of anything DE actually deliberately put in the game, and it screws up a lot of mechanics because its existence wasn't accounted for when designing the game.

As for your point in your first post, the solution to boring stretches of maps isn't a magical button that allows you to fly past them, but to actually make them interesting with varied and challenging enemy spawn patterns and new game mechanics that force you to think about what you're doing instead of mindlessly hammering the same buttons over and over again only paying attention to where the map marker is telling you to go.

One way to go about this is expanding the movement system and requiring more thought in how you navigate the map while dealing with enemies, but changes like this would be pointless while the ability exists to just fly past any potential challenge.

Edited by Sealgaire

One way to go about this is expanding the movement system and requiring more thought in how you navigate the map while dealing with enemies, but changes like this would be pointless while the ability exists to just fly past any potential challenge.

just no, lol.

as long as enemies spawn infinitely on maps such as sabotage, capture, or whatever else then there is only one real tactic : run passed everything.

there is no point sitting there trying to clear the room when the enemies will never stop spawning.

i just find it laughable that people are ok with a frost and a loki joining the same game and the loki turning invisible and running almost 50% faster than the frost, going straight to the objective and then to the extraction...  but think that coptering is some game-breaking problem.

its like people cant see beyond the end of their nose. 

Edited by Suthurn

I feel like coptoring is a huge part and I will be very sad to see it changed or taken away if DE does likes hope for the best coptoring stays how it is 

but does coptering really feel natural though? Your just spinning a weapon and that somehow flings you a mile. Especially with the staves and dual swords (ichor / zoren). 

Movement 2.0 is meant to replace coptering by making you fast enough to be constantly coptering, without you spamming melee.

I also love mobility, but not just in warframe but other games as well.

in fact this article made me realize why I love racing games so much. you can go soo so fast in them. its even better when they are open world racing games.

and mobility is also the reason I love warthogs in the halo games. they are just so fun to drift with. or the jet packs in those games.

ohh the rocket launcher jet pack sticky bomb combo is soo good!

especially how you can activate the jet packs before you hit the ground to stop fall damage. now that was smart.

the only thing I wish was that the halo or racing games that i like could be more open world... that's why im thinking of getting the witcher 3 when it goes on sale.

but does coptering really feel natural though? Your just spinning a weapon and that somehow flings you a mile. Especially with the staves and dual swords (ichor / zoren). 

Movement 2.0 is meant to replace coptering by making you fast enough to be constantly coptering, without you spamming melee.

natural? Nice joke.

Mobility doesn't matter to me until 2-3 other guys are coptering in a pub mission and I'm left with assisted xp or the objective is done before I'm 3/4 of the way there. Then I need to either turn around (one would think I'd have a head start, but they'll catch up and pass me) or run further ahead to the extraction point. Then I start to wish I didn't have scindo p equipped.

• 2 weeks later...

coptering is essential to creative parkour. 

it can link wall runs across gaps that you otherwise couldnt make

the lack of creativity of the players using copter doesnt make copter stupid or useless . Im almost at 2500 Hrs and im sorry but running on the predetermined path is BORING to me. SO BORING. I want to take advantage that this game doesnt restrict where we can go so much, like call of duty and halo. We can go just about anywhere within reason, and each surface is a potential point in a badass line of ninj-ery. 

It is more fun for me to creatively travel throughout our maps in unconventional lines, than to just run on foot or the walls that are right in front of your face.

fling which is supposedly ' a bug ' that has great usefulness. main arguement with fling is that its 'uncontrollable' or 'unpredictable' 

i beg to differ with the above video.

the below video which im sure ive posted elsewhere (maybe op not sure) (would have to check)  shows just how copter can be used to link your wallruns and give you some creative leeway in regards to how / where you go

Mobility doesn't matter to me until 2-3 other guys are coptering in a pub mission and I'm left with assisted xp or the objective is done before I'm 3/4 of the way there. Then I need to either turn around (one would think I'd have a head start, but they'll catch up and pass me) or run further ahead to the extraction point. Then I start to wish I didn't have scindo p equipped.

even with scindo p or fragor directional air melee can somewhat help you keep up if well applied wall flings and slide jump are fling yous are used 

Mobility is fantastic, massively important. Slide fling is a wonderful mechanism, direction air melee is good but, personally, I'd like the direction of travel upped by about 30deg so you target the "landing" point not the absolute direction of initial fling.

That said...

Coptering, however, is dumb, it's a horrible kludge, limits the melee system, makes the movement animation look like they were chosen by a three year old and IMHO needs to go, the sooner the better.

Skill-based movement speed increases are great, ones that ruin the depth and visuals of the game are not.

Edited by SilentMobius