The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Prime Or Dread

papadelta23

Question

22 answers to this question

For general use, pick your favorite. They are extremely similar to each other in every stat so it mostly comes down to choice. In theory however Dread lasts longer in endless Void if you're running four Corrosive Projections to negate armor, since Dread's majority-Slash damage will then be more useful than Paris Prime's majority-Puncture damage.

For general use, pick your favorite. They are extremely similar to each other in every stat so it mostly comes down to choice. In theory however Dread lasts longer in endless Void if you're running four Corrosive Projections to negate armor, since Dread's majority-Slash damage will then be more useful than Paris Prime's majority-Puncture damage.

^ this ^

I thought this would be the general response. I just wanted to find out if one stood out more than the other fully modded. Thanks for the info!!

Oh one more thing, I don't have the corrosive projection mod yet ....... but what do you mean when you say 4cp?

I thought this would be the general response. I just wanted to find out if one stood out more than the other fully modded. Thanks for the info!!

Oh one more thing, I don't have the corrosive projection mod yet ....... but what do you mean when you say 4cp?

A whole team with corrosive projection on

All four members of the squad are running corrosive projection.

Edit: Tenno'ed

Edited by Chibers

If 4 players have Corrosive Projection as their aura, enemies have 0 armor and their main defense is flesh/cloned flesh, which is weak against Slash damage.

I would still say Paris Prime though, more reliable damage overall. That's just my opinion though, I'm sure many would disagree with me.

I will always go with Dread simply because the Paris Prime is one of the worst looking weapons in the game. 

Ignoring that however, think about it like this;

They are both so extremely powerful that they will be overkilling content up until very high levels (1h+ T4 Surv, Def). At that point, the one which is more appropriate (due to Corrosive Projection) is the Dread. 

Before that point, it doesn't matter anyways because nothing will survive. 

Edited by Cynick

Theoretically dread is better since it has a tiny bit higher crit chance (50% compared to 45%), while paris has slightly shorter draw time (0.7s paris p, 0.8s dread). I don't even have a dread yet (MR11, yay rng, thanks, all I get is heavy impact/blind justice)

Grineer are weak to puncture, so Paris P

Infested are weak to slash, so Dread

Corrupted? Whichever you prefer

Edited by maumastoks