Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Miss 3 Catalysts In 6 Hours (Edited Feedback)

Gekker

Since this thread got more attention than I expected I edited a feedback part into it so we can actually help to solve this problem.

Please help me having an positive impact on our favourite game. This is a Beta after all :)

Founders should honestly be barred from commenting in these types of threads since all they have to say is "lol n00bs ur mom is too poor 2 buy u a founders package lol"

Just because I donated money to DE doesn't mean I've spent any of it... I still have 3100 plat, and I don't intend on spending any.

only reason i missed these two important alerts was because i live in U.S. and i had life.  also i kind notice that all these ? reward alerts happens in 4~8ish AM PST.  i believe alert mission program needs to be really random instead of giving free stuff to the people in certain time zone.

I am a bit bummed that I missed the two cats today because I was sleeping-in on my day off, but I am livid about missing the one around midnight, due to the fact that my ISP lost their sht for a couple of hours so that I could only watch the alert count down on my phone.  Talk about depressing.

Well, since you turned this into a feedback thread, I think the power boost provided by reactors/catalysts is a big source of the problem.  First, let me say that having the option to get the boost by paying is fine.  The problem comes from how free players are given access to the boost.  With the current system it is all or nothing. 

What I think needs to happen is to let free players get the power of a catalyst/reactor in increments overtime.  If alerts awarded say a quarter the power of a potato but were fours times as often I think people would feel beter.  They would not get the entire power boost, but they would be more likely to get something instead of nothing.

I thought of a fragment system to address this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/43415-orokin-fragment-idea-allow-incremental-upgrades-to-mod-capacity/

The all or nothing nature of reactors/catalysts is something that should really be talked about.

Edited by Unknown924

Well, since you turned this into a feedback thread, I think the power boost provided by reactors/catalysts is a big source of the problem.  First, let me say that having the option to get the boost by paying is fine.  The problem comes from how free players are given access to the boost.  With the current system it is all or nothing. 

What I think needs to happen is to let free players get the power of a catalyst/reactor in increments overtime.  If alerts awarded say a quarter the power of a potato but were fours times as often I think people would feel beter.  They would not get the entire power boost, but they would be more likely to get something instead of nothing.

I thought of a fragment system to address this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/43415-orokin-fragment-idea-allow-incremental-upgrades-to-mod-capacity/

The all or nothing nature of reactors/catalysts is something that should really be talked about.

I read your post and I really like this idea. Thats something I really want to see get implemented, +1

Though, it does only fix the problem of the Alert Reward system in case of Potatoes, not rewarded BP's. BP's are exclusive / rare content as well and they posess the some problem that Potatoes have.

But then again, we could actually do the same with BP's.

To do that we do 2 things.

1) We move the exclusive BP's into the store so you can buy them with regular credits

2) We add another ressource to the BP manufacturing mequirements. That ressource is exclusively available as a reward on Alert Missions but instead, at a more frequent rate.

This means:

Instead of Potatoes and BP's as a Alert reward we get the ressources to build them / to use them partially.

These ressources are rewarded more frequently.

The result would be: less disappointment. Because if there are more chances to get the rewards, more players will be progressing at a linear rate instead of by chance and no one will be upset because they missed a 1/1000 chance due to their time schedules because he will have another chance soon,

This could be an actual solution :)

Thoughts?

I read your post and I really like this idea. Thats something I really want to see get implemented, +1

Though, it does only fix the problem of the Alert Reward system in case of Potatoes, not rewarded BP's. BP's are exclusive / rare content as well and they posess the some problem that Potatoes have.

But then again, we could actually do the same with BP's.

To do that we do 2 things.

1) We move the exclusive BP's into the store so you can buy them with regular credits

2) We add another ressource to the BP manufacturing mequirements. That ressource is exclusively available as a reward on Alert Missions but instead, at a more frequent rate.

This means:

Instead of Potatoes and BP's as a Alert reward we get the ressources to build them / to use them partially.

These ressources are rewarded more frequently.

The result would be: less disappointment. Because if there are more chances to get the rewards, more players will be progressing at a linear rate instead of by chance and no one will be upset because they missed a 1/1000 chance due to their time schedules because he will have another chance soon,

This could be an actual solution :)

Thoughts?

This is the same end result as having 3 BPs from these alerts, the end result be it from BP's or materials, however you cut it, its still the same issue for many.

Instead of "I missed 3 BP chances" it will be "I missed 3 materials chances".

This just changes what the "problem" is but doesn't solve the "problem".  It actually could create more, people will complain about how they got different amounts of materials than others.  If its a static value or only requires one, again how is this any different from recieving a BP?

For those like some of my friends who missed out on these, remember there will be other opportunities like this one.

(not directed at one poster in particular but any and all who despise founders in this thread)

What do I know though right, I'm one of those disgusting founders who apparently shouldn't be allowed to have a voice over matters after helping to pay for the further and future development of the game you play for free.  All of my friends by association with me as a founder should have no voice either.  How evil of me, how dare I. 

Edited by Enot83

I like the idea of blueprints using resources from alerts.

The hard part would be balancing the resources used by a blueprint versus how much an alert gives.

EDIT: Reply to Enot83

One of the advantages of giving out something in parts is that you can reduce the amount given while uping the amount of times you give it out.

That means each alert missed would be have a much smaller impact.  In your example the 3 missed materials chances could be the same as missing only one blueprint or less.  The key is that the material chances would happen 3 times as often or more compared to a blueprint.

The main idea is to increase the opportunities to get something and work towards a goal instead of having it be hit or miss/

Edited by Unknown924

Founders should honestly be barred from commenting in these types of threads since all they have to say is "lol n00bs ur mom is too poor 2 buy u a founders package lol"

I'm not a founder and i would say the same thing. If you get something for free, don't complain about it. Sometimes you are lucky and get some special stuff, sometimes not. And Nobody needs to be a founder, to buy a small amount of Platinum for a Catalyst or Stuff like that. Throw out 5 or 10 Bucks and you get enough for the Items you like, Problem solved.

Edited by Tigerchen

Hey, don't diss founders.  I bought the package because I want DE to succeed.  I didn't buy it to drown myself in potatoes (I've only bought one, and I did it with starter plat).

Edited by Nicocat

This is the same end result as having 3 BPs from these alerts, the end result be it from BP's or materials, however you cut it, its still the same issue for many.

Instead of "I missed 3 BP chances" it will be "I missed 3 materials chances".

This just changes what the "problem" is but doesn't solve the "problem".  It actually could create more, people will complain about how they got different amounts of materials than others.  If its a static value or only requires one, again how is this any different from recieving a BP?

For those like some of my friends who missed out on these, remember there will be other opportunities like this one.

(not directed at one poster in particular but any and all who despise founders in this thread)

What do I know though right, I'm one of those disgusting founders who apparently shouldn't be allowed to have a voice over matters after helping to pay for the further and future development of the game you play for free.  All of my friends by association with me as a founder should have no voice either.  How evil of me, how dare I. 

Now you are being unfair. I gonna quote myself as I never said anything like "founders shouldn't have a voice in this matter".

Just so these "just buy platin herp derp" posts may stop. I bought a decent amount of platin already and I will do it again if this alert reward obsession is getting nerfed. The alert reward system just makes me and a lot of other players sick and thats why there are so many complaints after every special reward drop.

I do not want to spend all my platin on stuff that I missed. I spend platin on stuff that unlocks stuff like custom appearance and some stuff that help me to progress faster. But nevertheless, this is personal preferences. Platin should not be part of this topic!

Additionally it seems like you missed the point of the collaborative idea that you quoted.

Because "Instead of "I missed 3 BP chances" it will be "I missed 3 materials chances"." is not what it is.

What we were trying to accomblish with this idea is increasing the chance of attending to an alert mission that rewards players while keeping the rarity of the actual items by splitting up single items that only drops once a week (Potatoes) or once a month (that BP of your desire) into fractures / ressources, so those fractures / ressources can be spreat over several alert missions a day.

This idea turns a single tiny chance to get an exclusive item into many chances to progress into building the item. In the end this means that missing a Alert reward is less disappointing what is the whole problem with this and is why people are complaining so much.

I missed all three. I'm not upset in the least to spite the fact I could really use them. Why? There will be more. I personally view this as nothing more than a missed opportunity. An opportunity that will appear again at some point down the line. While I appreciate the perspective offered by the OP- I don't agree that any changes are necessary to the current alert system.

Again though, thanks OP for actually offering content other than just "QQ BAWW I missed an alert"- it's refreshing to actually see something that's been thought out when it comes to this topic. =)

As a note: I suspect U8 may hold some changes of interest to you in terms of crafting- but we'll just have to wait and see. =)

Edited by AnalogAnomaly

Throw out 5 or 10 Bucks and you get enough for the Items you like, Problem solved.

because throwing money at the problem... is always going to fix the problem...

also spending $10 on potatoes and slots made me feel very dirty about it because

1. i had to get them because i was going to need them in the future

2. if i had gotten colors, i would be kicking myself because in order to use anything at their full potential i needed the corresponding potatoes

3. a system that rewards players for watching twitter 24/7 instead of rewarding players for playing the game... is a system that should be changed asap.

I see a pattern here, for every thread aboot missing certain alerts, the rng gods shine on us. But when there are no threads about the alerts, nothing happens! 

You forgot one small detail; the RNG gods are also trolls. Yes they drop more potatoes, but always when they know the thread creators are unable to obtain said potatoes.

I've been using an alternate solution to everyone's problems! https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/34907-alert-display-program-using-twitter-rss-feed/

Add and or remove items on the list and the alarm will go off depending on what you've entered (whatever is on the alert's list will trigger the alarm)

And when you go to sleep, leave your computer on with speakers high and it'll wake you up unless you change the alarm to Mozart or something.

If you have work, then you have the money to pay for that catalyst even on minimum wage (when I worked back in highschool I made about four, maybe five bucks an hour? That's no doubt enough to buy one last time I checked).

You know the saying, "time is money" so it's your choice to sacrifice one or the other. Or not.

Personally, I sacrifice my time waking up every other moment because I am unemployed. Sure sometimes I get frustrated and post on the forums about it but as I always say "Better luck next time seckate", and I shrug it off, and acknowledge that time doesn't wait for anybody.

In my opinion the system they're using right now is a-okay thanks to all the tools we are given right here on the forums.

I hope I helped.

Edited by Guest

-Snip- Good stuff

Ill admit fault when it applies, and I'll admit it here, I completely read it as simply replacing these particular alerts with resources.  Not as all alerts having these resources present. 

I'm less opposed to that idea, but still not particularly in favor if materials will be dropping from crates etc, and or the random amounts gained by different members in group.  In addition to cascading alerts by solo'ing then joining friends sessions etc, If it's part of the reward and a fixed value on various missions a bit less opposed.  Though again, I'd be curious as to the over a 1 month span if the times you're on for the way it is now, and these new methods if you'd just end up with the same amount in the end.  Just less spikes.

There is one great part though, that it gives additional incentive beyond credits to do some alerts.

Edited by Enot83

The only thing i disagree on is having exclusive items be bought with credits. It's EXCLUSIVE for a reason. Like the braton vandal. I didn't get it but hey I'm not complaining. Those closed beta players deserve it because they were there since the beginning. Same for frost prime bp.  We can say we've been around since beta which is why we deserve some exclusivity as opposed to people who join later on after this game's official release.

I've been using an alternate solution to everyone's problems! https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/34907-alert-display-program-using-twitter-rss-feed/

Add and or remove items on the list and the alarm will go off depending on what you've entered (whatever is on the alert's list will trigger the alarm)

And when you go to sleep, leave your computer on with speakers high and it'll wake you up unless you change the alarm to Mozart or something.

If you have work, then you have the money to pay for that catalyst even on minimum wage (when I worked back in highschool I made about four, maybe five bucks an hour? That's no doubt enough to buy one last time I checked).

You know the saying, "time is money" so it's your choice to sacrifice one or the other. Or not.

Personally, I sacrifice my time waking up every other moment because I am unemployed. Sure sometimes I get frustrated and post on the forums about it but as I always say "Better luck next time seckate", and I shrug it off, and acknowledge that time doesn't wait for anybody.

In my opinion the system they're using right now is a-okay thanks to all the tools we are given right here on the forums.

I hope I helped.

Im sorry, but I cannot agree with your point of view.

I really do not want this game to dominate my real life schedule like this. This is definitely not what a game should force players to do in order to enjoy the game at its fullest.

I do buy platin and I did and will again bought some potatoes. But nevertheless I prefer gaining them through gameplay. Everytime I buy items in game with real money a part of my competitive soul dies and yells at me "Now you archieved nothing! Everything you own in this game has no value because you bought it instead of deserving it through gameplay!"... you get the picture :)

The main reason I buy platin is (besides supporting DE and the game) to customize my game individually and get more slots because I do not like selling stuff I spend a lot of time on and I like to keep my game experience diverse. Individual visuals are a nice thing to have to enjoy the game even more. I never bought a warframe or a weapon (besides the wyrm but I regret that already). Occasionally I buy a potatoe because they really are cheap.

Yes, "time is money" but I spent my time playing the game to have fun. Buying stuff you could otherwise get through gameplay is limiting the fun and in order of keeping a sense of achievement in the game I try to avoid just that.

Edited by Gekker

Ill admit fault when it applies, and I'll admit it here, I completely read it as simply replacing these particular alerts with resources.  Not as all alerts having these resources present. 

I'm less opposed to that idea, but still not particularly in favor if materials will be dropping from crates etc, and or the random amounts gained by different members in group.  In addition to cascading alerts by solo'ing then joining friends sessions etc, If it's part of the reward and a fixed value on various missions a bit less opposed.  Though again, I'd be curious as to the over a 1 month span if the times you're on for the way it is now, and these new methods if you'd just end up with the same amount in the end.  Just less spikes.

There is one great part though, that it gives additional incentive beyond credits to do some alerts.

Statement like yours is actually a rare sight on forums. Thank you for being resonable :D

And yes, my intention was that these new ressources only drop as a reward of ? Alert Missions. Its a fixed amount that every player that participated gets once at the end of that ? Alert Mission. Repeating it (when joining a friend) does not reward you twice as usual.

I should also mention that the purpose of these ressources are only to build the exclusive Items that currently are rewarded as a BP in ? Alert Missions.

To make this clear (hopefully once and for all):

Those new ressources are meant to replace the BP rewards and the BP rewards are meant to be moved to the store, purchasable with credits. The BP will have a new requirement which are a certain amount of those new ressources.

This means you have to finish a few of those Alert Missions and claim the ressource reward in order to build the actual item. This way we can increase the occurrence of Alert Missions that have those ressources as a reward without decreasing the actual rarity of the final item.

I really do hope they change the nature of this whole Alert system.

It's funny because instead of making me want to play the game more often to catch these Alerts, I instead gave up completely. I can't focus all of my attention on this game.

Let it be known, DE, that I have lost interest in this game completely. As I have stated in previous posts, hopefully update 8 gives me a reason to come back. Be that it may, I feel it will only keep me busy a few days, unfortunately.

But in all seriousness, please review all the stated suggestions. There are many bright minds out there with fantastic ideas.