The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fan Concept] Chat 2.0 Design

EuanJones

I heard that DE is collecting some suggestions about chat 2.0 from players, so I designed these. Through the following pictures may help you understand how it work.

R8YRNkS.jpg
7tTEfbg.jpg

s1BMr2M.jpg

aJQkgPx.jpg

3xi6Zjv.jpg

XAIPniR.jpg

1. Combine Channels
First of all, We usually receve many chat messages at the same time. Why not just check them all at one chat tag, instead of click the blinking chat tags to check new messages?

2. Improve Whisper
Last weekend I got a situation that I posted a trading message, suddenly over 8 whisper message show up. I have to click every single blinkling tags on my chat window to reply them one by one, which is not very efficient.

Instead of creating a new tag when someone sent whisper message, I think all these whisper messages should be showed on the " ALL " tag or " Region " tag(Default), so players can open a single window with the one they want to chat with.

3. Customize Chat Tag
In theory they should be differentiate between channel and chat tag. The former is where we chatting and the latter is what we can see. It is necessary that we can add some chat tag. Named it and decide which channels we would like to use. It provide players better customization then limited both of channel and chat tag.

4. Commands to Switch Channels
/s /t /p /c or CTRL+1...5, there are the most common chat commands, unforunatly I don't know what happened they are gone in Warframe. Exactly, we need them.

These are my few ideas about chat 2.0, thank you for your attention.

---------------------------------

By the way, DE CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THE "INPUT METHOD BUG OF NEW PHONETIC CHINESE INPUT METHOD"? (I'm not sure whether this problem happened in the other input methods or not.)

I usually used "new phonetic chinese input", I am a Taiwanese. The problem is that it doesn't lock-in Chinese input method in game so that there is always a strange spell box on the screen when I press W A S D or other keys. It causes trouble to me because of everytime I must switch to English input method before controlling my character, and switch again when I need typing. Here is the screenshot.
rFcoQrj.jpg

FIX THIS PROBLEM PLEASE. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Well I just love you now EuanJones <3

This is a very nice chat 2.0 Design.

(and to bring another point: Some of those changes would make the work as a "Guide of the Lotus" A LOT easier, trust me xD ... and I don't say that very often :3) 

That looks good. Similar to many other chat systems, but different enough to be 'Warframe-y'. (If that is a word lol)

Clean, crisp, easy to read and understand. Hard to pull off, but if they CAN?

Oh yeah!

Edited by Kalenath

I was about to write 'There is a need for a filter or the chat will be complete chaos', but you did already think about it. Just one thing: the filter should work only in the 'General' window of chat. So, for example, people could chose to filter trading and recruit chat to be able to don't read these kind of messages on the 'General' window, and be able to see them on the appropriate ones. 

Just one more thing: separate windows for PMs are great, but pay attention because it can be caotic, especially when a lot of player whisper you.

Imagine: type in chat 'Hosting Void run bla bla' and then 15 new windows pop up...