Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Shield + Quanta Vandel = Absurd Damage.

RIOT

no mods.

level 30+ elite lancers

WITHOUT shooting through shield = ticks ranging from 50 to 90 damage

WHILE shooting through shield = ticks ranging from 1k to 3k non crit...

edit: it seems to affect the original quanta as well.

edit2: my modded quanta is dealing 70k to 100k damage... non crit... wtf...

edit3 post 16.4.4:                                      225px-FlameRepellentNew.png      

That's right! I reported an overpowered bug, AND I'D DO IT AGAIN TOO!

Edited by RIOTx

Came here to see if it was already posted. I tested it on Kiste - Ceres. Without shield it did like 200-600 damage, with shield it does like 20K-80K.    

I tried with absorb, without shield I shot absorbing nyx for 5 ammo and he got 15K on absorb, then I placed a shield and he capped at 150K with barely 2 ammo consumed.   

I haven't had a chance to test against higher level enemies, but I imagine ~300K DPS with 1 ammo per second would take you pretty far :D

I thought it was normal, volts shield makes most weaps dmg OP.

This is far from normal, like really far from normal. Shield gives 200% crit damage and 50% electric damage. So with a weapon that does 500 damage you should see ~750 damage I think, not entirely sure what base that 50% bonus electric scales off, but I can say with full confidence that adding 50% electric damage to a weapon shouldn't make it go from 500 to 110000.   

Math just doesn't add up here. Volt shield would be THE most overpowered thing in the game if it did this to all weapons. I went to "simularcum?" and lvl 90 heavy gunner dies in less than 2 seconds, which is far from normal.

i like having higher dps through shield... i wish the nerfs would only affect the people that complained about abilities or weapons that do too much damage

There's a difference between more damage and borderline broken. Doing 80000 ticks instead of 500 is broken. 40 minutes in T3 survival without any corrosive projection eximus gunners fall by just scanning the laser over them.  

I estimate the quanta did somewhere around 300K - 500K DPS through volt shield.

no mods.

level 30+ elite lancers

*you know what* right on your face

no mods.

level 30+ elite lancers

it seems that someone will just make a lot of new friends now :)))

Eh, the community really needs to get used to this mantra now.

- Bug comes along, makes things fun for a while

- Random dude finds out, posts on the forums

- DE promptly hotfixes the bug, back to mindless grinding

- Meanwhile, bugs from a decade ago (sarcasm intended) go unnoticed and unfixed despite constant reporting.

You know guys, I'm usually a fierce enemy of nerfs. But this thing was just ridiculously OP to a point where it would be eventually seen as the only viable way to damage high level enemies.

Plus this was a bug, not an intended and announced feature of this power. Multiplying damage by a factor of over 30 on only two weapons was obviously broken to the core and a bug.

Explain how a fix for one weapon having a bug with shield makes volt useless..

This was probably a bug with every "mini-tick" of quanta getting the bonus electricity damage as calculated from the base damage, or something similar. nothing to see here, stop crying nerf.

Edited by FlyingLlama

Explain how a fix for one weapon having a bug with shield makes volt useless..

This was probably a bug with every "mini-tick" of quanta getting the bonus electricity damage as calculated from the base damage, or something similar. nothing to see here, stop crying nerf.

Worked with any beam weapon and this "bug" has been around. People only noticed now because everyone has the quanta vandal. It's pointless because there's no convincing reason to play volt over another more useful warframe.

Also, I just tested out the shield and I don't see a difference in damage. It's almost as if DE doesn't know how their own formulas work, so they nerfed it more than they intended. Also found a bug - If you die while a shield is up you can no longer shoot through the shield.