Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Shield + Quanta Vandel = Absurd Damage.

RIOT

that much damage is rediculous. they didn't nerf volt's shield, they fixed the damage multiplier being OP for some guns when used with volt's shield. maybe if you stopped depending on exploiting bugs to use something correctly you wouldn't get upset when it gets fixed.

Lets say if there were no nerfs in the entire history of warframe:

- With 2 Trinity, a nekros and a mag, you can do any corpus survival mission forever. (Longest record was 7 hours)

- Loki can switch Teleport the cryopod to a hidden place.

- With 3 trinity and limbo or frost you can do an endless defence mission (excluding infested)... until wave 231 warframe will crash.

- There literally nothing impossible for you to do in warframe. (add to the list)

That`s fun only for a while. Especially for new players :)

R.I.P Volt Ulti(I consider Amprex+Shield as his Ulti because his 4th sucks lol).It was a good fun

as a volt player myself i'm kinda sad but at least he's one of most fun frame to play.not giving up because of the shield fix

I dont think people are salty because of the fact that it was a bug fix, I think they are salty because that's literally how volt has ALWAYS been, even rob from the gay guy plays channel on youtube made a video about volt and he showed off how powerful the shield was. And yeah, that was really the only thing that made volt viable in high level gameplay.

Also, the fact that when they fixed this bug, they also caused a bug where the shield gives no damage bonus and another where if you die with a shield up you can't shoot through it anymore, but thats all fine and dandy right?

Volt is no longer end game. Quite disappointing.

Also, Volt Shield is not working at all anymore. I'm not getting extra range or damage from my Amprex. Hope they resolve this soon, I was loving Volt so much I'm in the process of building Volt Prime.

I dont even see why you would even post this bug. It actually made volt somewhat playable above level 30s, But now he just goes back into the bin with the other few frames that aren't even viable for anything high tier. Props to you OP for posting a bug that actually made volt useful. And why would you even bother posting bugs anyway? Its not like you get rewarded in anyway.

Edited by FrOunk

From reddit:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At most (and this is the best case possible, ignoring red crits), the advantage you could get from an electric shield is a 300% improvement. That can only happen on a weapon with 100% crit chance and 0 dmg mods. If you go lower than 100% crit or add any kind of dmg mod (except serration and heavy caliber, which remain neutral in this regard, meaning they don't improve nor worsen the end result) then the overall damage bonus is lower.

Some math:

Fictional weapon: 100 base damage, 100% crit chance, 2x crit dmg, 1 RoF.

Formula:

DPS = ( BASE x ( Noncrit_chance + (crit_chance x dmg_multiplier) ) ) x RoF

Before electric shield:

(100 x ( 0 + (1 x 2) ) x 1 = 200 dps

After electric shield:

(150 x (0 + (1 x 4) ) x 1 = 600 dps

That's a x3 dmg improvement over the unmodified case. However if we add dmg mods to the calculation (say, 2 elementals for a total of +180% dmg):

(280 x (0 + (1 x 2) ) x 1 = 560 dps (without ES)

(330 x (0 + (1 x 4) ) x 1 = 1320 dps (with ES)

Or roughly a x2.4 improvement. If we lower the crit chance (say, 25%), the effect is even greater:

(100 x ( 0.75 + (0.25 x 2) ) x 1 = 125 dps (base, unmodded)

(150 x ( 0.75 + (0.25 x 4) ) x 1 = 262.5 dps (unmoddes, with ES)

A x2.1 improvement.

And with elemental mods:

(280 x ( 0.75 + (0.25 x 2) ) x 1 = 350 dps (base, with elemental mods)

(330 x ( 0.75 + (0.25 x 4) ) x 1 = 577.5dps (base, with elemental mods)

And that, which is also the most likely configuration of a proper weapon, is only a x1.65 improvement.

30k over 1500 is a x20 improvement. It's a bug.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you still believe it was working as intended (or how it should), the you are lying to yourself.

If you can't play Volt above level 30 you really have to learn how to play.

To the OP: You did well.

Edited by GeckoOBac

Not being able to shoot through shield after dying is an old problem and not connected to the latest fix. If it's true however that the shield doesn't apply range and crit / electricity damage bonuses at all anymore, that's a bad thing and a new bug. wasn't able to test yet.

Better test it and if verified post in its own thread. I will do that myself tonight when I'm back home.

My face, when I see people crying about obvious glitch getting fixed, as they can't play Warframe normally without abusing bugs:

Jesus-facepalm.jpg

Seriously, there are so many other ways to hold for long times in T4 Survival. Paris Prime, Opticor, Tonkor, Boltor Prime, you name it. If you depend on glitches to do well, then I assume you're just a bad player.

Actually, I'm grateful to OP for noticing this, because becoming a spectator and watching single Volt insta-killing everything in sight is not funny. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but what I want to say is, just learn to enjoy the game. Can someone please tell me what's the point of using the most effortless way of obliterating enemies possible? What's the fun in it? Because I don't get it.

*braces for impending doom, with his trusty Ash and Dread*

Edited by Roxorium

Oh, Come on, people. Grow up a little will you? The hotfix said "fixed giving improper damage multipliers" not "removed damage multipliers". So it's obvious that the fixing of the bug gave way to another bug. Instead of crying and all, make another bug report about how the electric shield does no damage extra now. Enough with the mindset that DE is aiming to ruin this game because they surely know very well that they have to keep us happy while trying to keep the game healthy of bugs.

Edited by Knightmare047