Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Shield + Quanta Vandel = Absurd Damage.

RIOT

Let me be clear for something, so loki who has 4 good spells, which every worth casting, can make 150k melee crits with stealth, and noone bats an eye, rhino who basically can't die, valkyr with 600 armor (no need to cast), Mesa (which can solo defense T4 with only her ult up), I can continue, and prove every warframe is better (for every mission) than Volt/Limbo(yea how many limbos have you seen for the past 1-2 months ??) And lets look at Volt, 1. Skill used only to kill cameras, stun the capture target, 2. Indeed very good skill cant' say bad things, 3. everyone prefers to have frost to do the job, useless to use for yourself, since you do wayyy more damage from  2. with melee weapon, if they increase the damage, and lower the duration/radius of the shield, for example (improvable by power strength) 150% for non-crits, 300% for crits with 15s base duration 60% of the current radius, then i will love to use that spell.. and i think a lot of people will like that idea, 4. The only reason i use that spell is when i do low level missions, and i forget a mob who is up/downstairs... or basically when there is a lot of the flying stuff that shield enemies. So that bug was surely op, but im glad i had the chance to play with it, as a Volt player, at last felt i was useful... And If anyone, says that i just over-react, go in recruitment chat, join whatever T4 mission, and ask people what warframe to pick, noone will ever say Volt, trust me on this... Also one last thing, VOLT IS NOT A SUPPORT!!! DE MAKE HIM USEFUL!!!

Edited by Lifefeast

Let me be clear for something, so loki who has 4 good spells, which every worth casting, can make 150k melee crits with stealth, and noone bats an eye, rhino who basically can't die, valkyr with 600 armor (no need to cast), Mesa (which can solo defense T4 with only her ult up), I can continue, and prove every warframe is better (for every mission) than Volt/Limbo(yea how many limbos have you seen for the past 1-2 months ??) And lets look at Volt, 1. Skill used only to kill cameras, stun the capture target, 2. Indeed very good skill cant' say bad things, 3. everyone prefers to have frost to do the job, useless to use for yourself, since you do wayyy more damage from  2. with melee weapon, if they increase the damage, and lower the duration/radius of the shield, for example (improvable by power strength) 150% for non-crits, 300% for crits with 15s base duration 60% of the current radius, then i will love to use that spell.. and i think a lot of people will like that idea, 4. The only reason i use that spell is when i do low level missions, and i forget a mob who is up/downstairs... or basically when there is a lot of the flying stuff that shield enemies. So that bug was surely op, but im glad i had the chance to play with it, as a Volt player, at last felt i was useful... And If anyone, says that i just over-react, go in recruitment chat, join whatever T4 mission, and ask people what warframe to pick, noone will ever say Volt, trust me on this... Also one last thing, VOLT IS NOT A SUPPORT!!! DE MAKE HIM USEFUL!!!

Stop overstating things especially when you say something that is actually right. Rhino is far away from being immortal, mesa cannot solo T4 defense with press 4..etc. It is true that volt is bad atm. but that doesnt make other WFs UBER powerful ;)

I don't get the reason why people say volt's useless now. If they really have to exploit that bug on his shield, might as well not play because that makes the game completely boring. Guess I got my answer on how i managed to take out lephantis with one clip of my Soma Prime. Seriously, I love volt and if you guys complain about a  bug fix on an exploit that could potentially be game breaking, learn how to play better and learn to aim for heads instead of spraying and praying all over the place.

Let me be clear for something, so loki who has 4 good spells, which every worth casting, can make 150k melee crits with stealth, and noone bats an eye, rhino who basically can't die, valkyr with 600 armor (no need to cast), Mesa (which can solo defense T4 with only her ult up), I can continue, and prove every warframe is better (for every mission) than Volt/Limbo(yea how many limbos have you seen for the past 1-2 months ??) And lets look at Volt, 1. Skill used only to kill cameras, stun the capture target, 2. Indeed very good skill cant' say bad things, 3. everyone prefers to have frost to do the job, useless to use for yourself, since you do wayyy more damage from 2. with melee weapon, if they increase the damage, and lower the duration/radius of the shield, for example (improvable by power strength) 150% for non-crits, 300% for crits with 15s base duration 60% of the current radius, then i will love to use that spell.. and i think a lot of people will like that idea, 4. The only reason i use that spell is when i do low level missions, and i forget a mob who is up/downstairs... or basically when there is a lot of the flying stuff that shield enemies. So that bug was surely op, but im glad i had the chance to play with it, as a Volt player, at last felt i was useful... And If anyone, says that i just over-react, go in recruitment chat, join whatever T4 mission, and ask people what warframe to pick, noone will ever say Volt, trust me on this... Also one last thing, VOLT IS NOT A SUPPORT!!! DE MAKE HIM USEFUL!!!

Totally agree with that post. Now when they broke Shield, Volt become totally useless. Maybe only his 2nd skill can be useful for swordsman.

I, for one, approve of this nerf.

Mesa (which can solo defense T4 with only her ult up)

AHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. ARE YOU SERIOUS!?

Let's make a bet then, survive T4D up to wave 40 with her alone. You only pause Peacemaker once you drain your energy to zero. Obviously you can use Energy Restore to replenish.

No spectre, no other abilities going to be used than Peacemaker.

Die once, you lose.

If you reach wave 40 with it, with proof video, I will delete my Mesa. I obtained all her parts in 3 runs only. She has 4 formas already. Come on, make my day.

Edited by faustias

Not being able to shoot through shield after dying is an old problem and not connected to the latest fix. If it's true however that the shield doesn't apply range and crit / electricity damage bonuses at all anymore, that's a bad thing and a new bug. wasn't able to test yet.

OK, played today: Everything is like it's supposed to be as far as i can tell. Dunno what the fuss is about.

no mods.

level 30+ elite lancers

WITHOUT shooting through shield = ticks ranging from 50 to 90 damage

WHILE shooting through shield = ticks ranging from 1k to 3k non crit...

edit: it seems to affect the original quanta as well.

edit2: my modded quanta is dealing 70k to 100k damage... non crit... wtf...

edit3 post 16.4.4:                                      225px-FlameRepellentNew.png      

That's right! I reported an overpowered bug, AND I'D DO IT AGAIN TOO!

Good job on the beta testing RIOTx !

Locking since the issue is fixed now.