Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Please Please Let Us Tint Vandal Weapons

VirtualViolet

The biggest boost to my enjoyment of this game since I started playing last August has been the (gradual) change to allow the re-tinting of Prime "gold" on frames, weapons, and accessories. Despite Nova being my favorite frame, I was not at all excited when Nova Prime was announced, because I don't like gold. However, when I found out that the gold was tintable, I snatched her up and now she's my absolute favorite and well on her way to becoming my most-used frame!

Now I find myself in a similar situation with the Quanta Vandal. The Quanta has been my favorite weapon since I first built it, and the Quanta Vandal is looking very appealing with the increased clip size and status chance (not to mention the shiny new skin). But I don't see myself using it other than ranking it for the mastery unless I can somehow color it to match the rest of my equipment.

I know the Vandal weapons are supposed to be special, but aren't the shiny new skins and improved stats special enough? Do they have to be locked into a set color palette so they stick out like a sore thumb on anyone who doesn't want to change their aesthetic choices to match it? And does it really have to be seafoam green?

If others want to show off their "exclusive" event weapons, then great, let them keep the default colors on. But why not allow those of us who want it to change the colors to something more suitable to our tastes, like every other weapon, warframe and accessory in the game?

EDIT: Another option: Alternative, tintable versions of vandal weapon skins in the market rather than making the default skins tintable. This way, those who like the default look can keep it (no changes), and those who want to, such as myself, can change the colors. Everyone's happy! :)

Edited by VirtualViolet

I'm not against it but I don't see that it's that big of a deal , like just because the weapon/frame isn't the color you like you don't use it?

Yes.

It doesn't match anything in my loadout color wise.

Edited by Utarious

To be honest, I'd rather keep the current turquoise.

Braton Vandal/Lato Vandal are pretty much the only guns I really enjoy using. The turquoise is beautiful.

If DE changes it like they did prime trim, it'll be virtually impossible to match that color without having to buy several color pallets.

Edited by Aoden

To be honest, I'd rather keep the current turquoise.

Braton Vandal/Lato Vandal are pretty much the only guns I really enjoy using. The turquoise is beautiful.

If DE changes it like they did prime trim, it'll be virtually impossible to match that color without having to buy several color pallets.

Sure you could: Just leave it on the default colors.

I'm not against it but I don't see that it's that big of a deal , like just because the weapon/frame isn't the color you like you don't use it?

Yes, that is correct. It's not worth another 4 forma to bring it up to the damage levels of my Quanta if it's stuck with that color scheme. I never really cared for the look of the Quanta anyway, but its superb functionality (IMO) outweighs its rather plain appearance (less plain now since the PBR update), and at least I can color it the way I want. The marginal improvement of the Quanta Vandal's stats is not worth the drastic (to me) sacrifice of aesthetics.

I mean, this is a game monetized primarily with aesthetics. You would think something like customizable colors on weapons (especially exclusive ones) would be important. Heck, I'd even be willing to spend plat on a set of tintable skins for the Vandal weapons if you don't want the default skins messed with.

Well, then, how about some alternate skins that would be tintable?

This needs to happen. I'm very surprised DE hasn't added skins to more weapons.

This way both sides can be happy, artists get to color their favorite guns while others get to keep their favorite default aesthetic.

• 2 weeks later...

Vandal and Wraith weapons aren't supposed to match, they are special event rewards. Coloring them would make the unique skins put on them pointless, not to mention it would force them to change the texture entirely making the Default color option look like a tacky knockoff of a Vandal or Wraith.

Sorry but not a good option. They need to remain special.