Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greed's Never Good

YagoXiten

Really? Because I was under the impression that she can kill <infinite Level> Corpus units and SOURROUNDING units with Shield Polarize.

You do realize that corpus is a single faction right? If a frame is only good vs 1 faction then its S#&amp;&#036;. Simple.

Agreed. And Greedy Pull makes that clashing a lot worse, because Mag decides whether you camp or not. You can still play space ninja if someone is playing camper Ted, but it's a lot harder and vastly less effective.

I understand this, however, I do not understand why Mag should have such power over the other members of the group. If she wants to camp, that is fine. But other players may not want to, and should not have their arm twisted into doing it.

Well if you dont want a mag on your team, them dont invite one, or make a group whit your friends, you are not forced to have your arm twisted playing in the side of a mag, you can just find other group's or play solo or whit friends.

She dont have powers of trolling the group, she was made to help the team, if you dont like this kind of help and like the hard running, as i said, dont play the same groups as mags. 

Loki radial disarm forces everyone in the party to shoot at melee only mobs.

SpeedNova forces everyone to have hard times on fast mobs, or hard times finding slow hidden mobs if SlowNova.

Nekros forces everyone to have more health orbs and loot.

Vauban Forces everyone to bounce if he wants or sucks all mobs and loot on hes vortex.

Trinity forces everyone to have max health/shields everytime and max energy too.

Ash forces everyone to shoot hes bladestorm targets before he kills them as they got highlighted on red...  ( Sorry i cant hold on this one xD ).

Anyways, making frames abilities dont affect the party is a little weird. Its like making a group a bunch of solo players all togheter.

Mag Pull dont push loot, her augment greed pull does, so its an utility she can use or not.  

Well if you dont want a mag on your team, them dont invite one, or make a group whit your friends, you are not forced to have your arm twisted playing in the side of a mag, you can just find other group's or play solo or whit friends.

She dont have powers of trolling the group, she was made to help the team, if you dont like this kind of help and like the hard running, as i said, dont play the same groups as mags. 

Loki radial disarm forces everyone in the party to shoot at melee only mobs.

SpeedNova forces everyone to have hard times on fast mobs, or hard times finding slow hidden mobs if SlowNova.

Nekros forces everyone to have more health orbs and loot.

Vauban Forces everyone to bounce if he wants or sucks all mobs and loot on hes vortex.

Trinity forces everyone to have max health/shields everytime and max energy too.

Ash forces everyone to shoot hes bladestorm targets before he kills them as they got highlighted on red...  ( Sorry i cant hold on this one xD ).

Anyways, making frames abilities dont affect the party is a little weird. Its like making a group a bunch of solo players all togheter.

Mag Pull dont push loot, her augment greed pull does, so its an utility she can use or not.  

I fail to see why *I* and every other player should have to decide, out of game, that we always do or do not want our loot pulled, when it is perfectly easy to implement some changes that enable us to choose which we would like in any given circumstance whilst in the game. The former, current system, is binary and requires players to actively avoid the public matchmaking which the game is essentially based around. That's a problem.

Mag has the power with Greedy Pull to troll the group, and she often does it unintentionally. Once again, it's perfectly easy to implement Greedy Pull in ways that this is not an issue.

Essentially, by telling me that I should just not play with Mag, you are telling me that Mag's desire to play the game and in a particular way is more important than mine. This is not fair to non-Mag players. Which is my entire point.

The 'so-and-so' forces section is filled with fallacy, and I do not wish to pick it apart because it tries my patience.

Many frame abilities don't affect the party. Rhino's Iron Skin is not a party buff, neither is Trinity's Link, Loki's Invisibility, etc. There's not an intrinsic problem with some abilities affecting only yourself. Furthermore, as I stated in the OP, the changes I outlined wouldn't mean that Greedy Pull only ever works for Mag. It would also work for allies within a decent distance of her. This way, Mag can pull stuff to you directly by coming close to hit Pull, or you can stand near Mag whilst she is trying to Pull so that she also does it for you.

I fail to see why *I* and every other player should have to decide, out of game, that we always do or do not want our loot pulled, when it is perfectly easy to implement some changes that enable us to choose which we would like in any given circumstance whilst in the game. The former, current system, is binary and requires players to actively avoid the public matchmaking which the game is essentially based around. That's a problem.

Mag has the power with Greedy Pull to troll the group, and she often does it unintentionally. Once again, it's perfectly easy to implement Greedy Pull in ways that this is not an issue.

Essentially, by telling me that I should just not play with Mag, you are telling me that Mag's desire to play the game and in a particular way is more important than mine. This is not fair to non-Mag players. Which is my entire point.

The 'so-and-so' forces section is filled with fallacy, and I do not wish to pick it apart because it tries my patience.

Many frame abilities don't affect the party. Rhino's Iron Skin is not a party buff, neither is Trinity's Link, Loki's Invisibility, etc. There's not an intrinsic problem with some abilities affecting only yourself. Furthermore, as I stated in the OP, the changes I outlined wouldn't mean that Greedy Pull only ever works for Mag. It would also work for allies within a decent distance of her. This way, Mag can pull stuff to you directly by coming close to hit Pull, or you can stand near Mag whilst she is trying to Pull so that she also does it for you.

First, the game is not make to the main use of public matchmaking, thats why there are clans and friend list in the game.

Second, you are trying to limitate the way mag users play, saind its bad.

Third, non mag players are the same as mag players or whatever frame you use. There will be always people that dont want frame X in the party, because they think its useless, or will screw the combo, like for exemple the way a slow nova can troll an group of loki radial disarm and vauban vortex, so she will just delay their strategy and troll*

Mag haves abilities that dont affect the party too, you are just complaining on 1 of her abilities.

And, maybe ur just too unluck, because you say mag have the abilite to troll everyone's loot, but i never saw one of those mag's you stated in your posts. All the mags i see are smart people, that follows the team, pull loot to help all the team.

If you see mag's pulling loot to hidden areas trolling the party, them maybe its better to report this kind of players.

And the mechanic to pull only loot based on side effects of clients, making anyone that wants pickups need to come close to her, will just make the flow of the mission slower and not friendly.

I just vote to stay the way it is now, and actually fix it to pull the loot correctly, because sometimes the delay can make mag pull loot, but in other people of the party, like she dont pulled it.

Only complain i have towards greedy pull is that...most mag players now are just spamming 1 during all the game and doing nothing more.

And for me,a players who likes to do around 40-60 waves in defense/Survival i'm anoyed.I odn't have anything to say about the mod,but looks like a big part of players now ,won't do more than 20 waves and absolutely want Mesa,Gmag,Frost and Nekros for every T4 defense :/

I don't know,i feel like the mod could be good,but it encourages minimal effort and camping and most players seems to find this normal.

Well i know it's a bit stupid to complain about that but that's really frustrating :/

First, the game is not make to the main use of public matchmaking, thats why there are clans and friend list in the game.

Second, you are trying to limitate the way mag users play, saind its bad.

Third, non mag players are the same as mag players or whatever frame you use. There will be always people that dont want frame X in the party, because they think its useless, or will screw the combo, like for exemple the way a slow nova can troll an group of loki radial disarm and vauban vortex, so she will just delay their strategy and troll*

Mag haves abilities that dont affect the party too, you are just complaining on 1 of her abilities.

And, maybe ur just too unluck, because you say mag have the abilite to troll everyone's loot, but i never saw one of those mag's you stated in your posts. All the mags i see are smart people, that follows the team, pull loot to help all the team.

If you see mag's pulling loot to hidden areas trolling the party, them maybe its better to report this kind of players.

And the mechanic to pull only loot based on side effects of clients, making anyone that wants pickups need to come close to her, will just make the flow of the mission slower and not friendly.

I just vote to stay the way it is now, and actually fix it to pull the loot correctly, because sometimes the delay can make mag pull loot, but in other people of the party, like she dont pulled it.

There are clans and friend lists so that you can form social bonds and progression through content with people you know over people you don't. It isn't there to replace public matchmaking.

Second, no, I am not attempting to limit the way Mag players play in any way shape or form. If you wanted to camp with my suggestion, it'd work the exact same as it does now, except you'd cast Pull when it is needed rather than spam it. There's no effective change. If you wanted to run around and be a space ninja, it'd also work the same way. The only thing that would be limited would be Mag's ability to command the strategies of the players in her group. I am complaining about that one ability because it is the one ability that needs complained about.

I never said that all Mag players are trolls, or even that I encounter them more than the average Mag players. Most of the Mag players who are interfering with the party aren't trolls. Their strategy just ends up doing so because it pulls loot for everyone, and neither Mag nor the rest of the group get a say in that. And this should not be the case.

Wither coptering, aerial melee, and parkour 2.0 on the way, having Mag be close for a half second cast of pull is not going to slow down the mission.

Only complain i have towards greedy pull is that...most mag players now are just spamming 1 during all the game and doing nothing more.

And for me,a players who likes to do around 40-60 waves in defense/Survival i'm anoyed.I odn't have anything to say about the mod,but looks like a big part of players now ,won't do more than 20 waves and absolutely want Mesa,Gmag,Frost and Nekros for every T4 defense :/

I don't know,i feel like the mod could be good,but it encourages minimal effort and camping and most players seems to find this normal.

Well i know it's a bit stupid to complain about that but that's really frustrating :/

Agreed, and part of the solution to that is to change the mod to require more conscious input (by making it only pull loot when you can immediately pick it up), and by removing her ability to decide what the team does (by making it only affect the loot of allies that are within a small range around her).

I'm sure there are other solutions, so if you have them, by all means, fire away! I, however, feel that what I have outlined in the OP is a pretty simple and elegant solution to fix most of Greedy Mag's problems with negligible side effects.

• 2 weeks later...