Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality of Life Checklist

astrobird

Hey guys, good thread. I think that the best suggestions we could come up with would be ones which help the devs achieve their core design goal:

making us feel like awesome cyber-ninjas.

The look is already there. The soundtrack supports the feel. The gameplay, however, steel feels more like third-person-shooter than third-person ninja action. Here are a few suggestions that I think will improve the 'ninja' feel.

1) Ensure that melee weapons are the go-to choice at short range. I wrote another topic on this elsewhere, but if the melee controls were smoother, collision was better and there were more special attacks (like the crouch-slash mentionned above), I would feel more ninja-y.

2) Tenno should be more acrobatic. Some ideas are already in there, like the shoulder-roll, the rock-slide, etc, but ninjas are all about using their bodies to get from A to B as quickly as possible, despite obstacle. I could see adding in parkour-like movement, where if you're running towards an obstacle, you automatically vault over it (as long as you have stamina).

3) Better stealth game-play, at least for solo. This has been addressed elsewhere, so I won't add more to it.

That's about it from me; if you have an idea about how to add more ninj to the game, please do.

Yes to everything said in the opening post.

2) Tenno should be more acrobatic. Some ideas are already in there, like the shoulder-roll, the rock-slide, etc, but ninjas are all about using their bodies to get from A to B as quickly as possible, despite obstacle.

If we're talking about real ninjas then not really. Ninjas dressed in common clothes and used their brains, not athletic prowess.

When dealing with some person to kill, an exmaple of course of action would be:

-Set fire to part of their house (paper and wood houses of then burned nicely).

-Offer your help as a (fake) repairman

-Use that to get in the (normally well protected) place and smash your target's head with a hammer during their sleep, then leave through some discrete way.

Not really on-topic, but yeah.

I agree with your suggestions on movement though. Especially the vault-over-small-obstacles-when-running thing.

Would also be nice if, when you pressed jump near some small crate, your Tenno didn't suspend him/herself to the edge with both hands and climb it as if coming from way below. Just climbing on the thing with a step would be less $&*&*#(%&.

Edited by Caernarvon

I don't see why it needs any sort of stamina drain. Just make sprinting somewhat faster and make sprinting not drain stamina. Thus if people want to get around in a timely fashion, they'll sprint. Add a short recovery time to rolls if necessary to encourage people to only use them to dodge instead of attempting to get persistent invincibility.

I've gotten people saying that sprint needs to use stamina to balance melee except melee is already weaker than gunplay and they're claiming "if you know anything about melee you can still easily get into range quickly", which means it's not doing that. What it is currently doing is slowing down the game and the pace of movement.

The CoD limited sprint mechanics are designed specifically to emphasize in that game that you're supposed to be sprinting from cover to cover. Whereas in Warframe you should be capable of sprinting and dodging down an open area with plenty of enemies on the other side and swording/punching them all to death if you're good enough or overleveled.

I disagree.

Combat Personel have to preserve their stamina, and do not Sprint as a means of transportation.

I hear a lot of people saying "We are Tenno we should be in top physical condition". This is true. But even fit people have a finite amount of stamina, and don't use it to sprint around full speed everywhere.

If they put in Battlefield style perma sprint where my character has no lungs, I might honestly move on to another game.

I disagree.

Combat Personel have to preserve their stamina, and do not Sprint as a means of transportation.

I hear a lot of people saying "We are Tenno we should be in top physical condition". This is true. But even fit people have a finite amount of stamina, and don't use it to sprint around full speed everywhere.

If they put in Battlefield style perma sprint where my character has no lungs, I might honestly move on to another game.

Combat personnel are not ridiculous cyborg supersoldiers who are wearing ridiculous suits of cyborg power armor who swing around 50 kilogram axes like they were hand-and-a-half-swords. FYI: Tenno are.

There are theorized technologies right now which would allow a ridiculous cyborg supersoldier to sprint marathons. Literally sprint a marathon, then maybe sprint another one, because they have just that much endurance. If I can't even manage to sprint for as long as Alan Wake can (FYI: Alan Wake has Stamina, but it's realistic stamina wherein an average person can sprint for a minute on end and the main thing that happens is you're really shaky when you stop and have to catch your breath) the game kind of breaks immersion. More importantly, this is a realism argument in a game about space ninjas with superpowers.

A game which should be all about moving ridiculously fast and killing the crap out of everything really fast with swords and guns, without a strict need for cover if you're just moving fast. Which has a limited-stamina sprint mode that in terms of sprint duration was actually balanced for a tactical shooter (Call of Duty) that used it to encourage moving from cover to cover instead of Doom or Quake-style running around the map doing acrobatics and killing everything.

In terms of game mechanics it's absolutely terrible because it encourages the opposite of what the game is about. It'd be like having Rainbow Six style injury mechanics in Warframe instead of the current HP system (i.e. you die from one bullet.)

I'd like to see that when you press Q to access your inventory, you see your sub-objective(Kill 5 enemies while sliding, Kill 20 with pistol ect).

Also that infested disruptors or the poisonous ones throw something on players that are using elevation as an advantage to push them off or do damage.

A thrown weapon slot with different kinds of crowd controll uses. A grenade that doesn't do insane amounts of damage but will make the AI get out of cover, a smokebomb to make yourself invisible for a second or an EMP grenade that drains shields for a % amount are examples.

Using the second reward slot for Alerts to be a mod reward slot. "Rifle Mod", "Ash Mod" ect and the third when applicable be a "?". Because I ignore alerts immediatly whenever I see that there is no "?". Make it random per player with higher chance of blue quality(but could still just as well get a white?)? Just some incentive to do alerts.

Holding Q and pressing 1,2,3,4 would use the items corresponding with that number.

Pretty much all I can think off right now.

• 2 weeks later...