Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Let me just start by saying, I never believed in that theory, but some people did, and today it occurred to me why it's not possible. Some of you may have put two and two together already, but I'll explain anyway.

Alright, so I was helping a friend with the last part of the Chroma quest, he underestimated the enemy, and the objective wasn't doing too good, long story short, we decided to fight to the death for the hell of it. At one point, not sure why I remembered it then, but I said "we'll die smiling like Mirage" that's when I realized the final nail was set in the coffin of that theory.

In Mirage's quest, at one point, Lotus says "She is smiling because she knows I am lying..." Energy, can't smile! Only flesh can! She also says something about the Mirage comforting her [Lotus] which means Tenno can talk.

So, any of you still think we're energy? No? Good.

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

Mag: Look into my eyes... LOOK INTO MY EYES!!!

Mag: Did you find them yet?

Corpus: No?...

Mag: Good 

EDIT: what i mean in this little story, is that mag's face doesn't have one. Oh and have you notice that in the Relays are fisic form tenno? (or thats what i think they are anyways >_>, and i dont know how to writte tenno in plural, dam im so confuced now >_<)

Edited by dsr1231248Danny
  • Like 1

there is always the possibility that original sources for Warframes / Abilities are what the game talks about and that current 'beings' are Energy.

i don't believe it for a second but it's still plausible - there's a lot of questionable variables.

-.- really? and if the theory was correct, it would it have said "her metaphoric lips parted in ethereal gladness as if to suggest the act of smiling manifest in some corporeal beings"? i don't think so. likely just a convenient figure of speech 

There isn't actually much to support the energy theory other than the fact we can inhabit different frames instantly and universally, occupying veeery thin or bulky spaces as well as growing $* indistinctly. It would make perfect sense but sadly nothing in the lore supports this idea that i know of...But i might be wrong. What does everyone else think?

So what exactly is underneath the suits. Hunks of flesh? Or metallic skin like Hayden and the infested from Dark Sector.

A friend of mine (same one I mention in OP) believes we look similar to Sirens from Borderlands, something like we have 'tattoos' or scars where our energy is visible, but we are for the majority still human. This is something like what I believe, though, I'm more on the less-scarred side of the fence.

Let me just start by saying, I never believed in that theory, but some people did, and today it occurred to me why it's not possible. Some of you may have put two and two together already, but I'll explain anyway.

Alright, so I was helping a friend with the last part of the Chroma quest, he underestimated the enemy, and the objective wasn't doing too good, long story short, we decided to fight to the death for the hell of it. At one point, not sure why I remembered it then, but I said "we'll die smiling like Mirage" that's when I realized the final nail was set in the coffin of that theory.

In Mirage's quest, at one point, Lotus says "She is smiling because she knows I am lying..." Energy, can't smile! Only flesh can! She also says something about the Mirage comforting her [Lotus] which means Tenno can talk.

So, any of you still think we're energy? No? Good.

I don't think that really constitutes as proof, ordis flat out says we are wearing suits...that seals it for me. Whatever we look like without our frames has to be pretty flexible, I mean you wear a spacious rhino one minute, and then squeeze into a mag the next.

I like thinking that tenno are robots, but i know this is not true. However that Mag face confuses me <+>_<+>

PD: the robot thing, just an idea i got when i first saw the game, i liked the idea and stick with it, even when i know this is really incorrect and a bad idea... but you know, i like when the thinks are watched in a diferent point of view Xd

Edited by dsr1231248Danny

I don't think that really constitutes as proof, ordis flat out says we are wearing suits...that seals it for me. Whatever we look like without our frames has to be pretty flexible, I mean you wear a spacious rhino one minute, and then squeeze into a mag the next.

So, does that mean Spartans are energy? How about the dude from Dead Space? What about a mafioso? They all wear suits, but they're all human, flesh, blood, bones.

A friend of mine (same one I mention in OP) believes we look similar to Sirens from Borderlands, something like we have 'tattoos' or scars where our energy is visible, but we are for the majority still human. This is something like what I believe, though, I'm more on the less-scarred side of the fence.

I'm with the Metallic, infested skin.

It's like people don't realize that we bleed and breathe in this game.

It's also like people don't remember the devs going "Yes, guys, the tenno DO have eyes" in a very are-you-guys-freaking-serious sort of way during the Gradivus event in late 2013.

The people taking Vor's "energy being" quote seriously are likely the same people taking Alad's "Well, you don't have eyes" quote way too literally.

DESteve said that the only reason Tenno dont talk was because they wanted to make the player feel like they are the Tenno. So the players voice is the Tenno's voice. 

I know, but this is another touchy subject, some people think we are mutes or whatnot, Mirage's quest also busts that theory, is what I'm saying.

DESteve said that the only reason Tenno dont talk was because they wanted to make the player feel like they are the Tenno. So the players voice is the Tenno's voice.

Plus we have no one to talk to...why would you talk, you're a magic super mercenary assassin spy warrior.

So, does that mean Spartans are energy? How about the dude from Dead Space? What about a mafioso? They all wear suits, but they're all human, flesh, blood, bones.

*Italian New york accent* Ey. We all know the Don is an energy being. C'maaan fahget abaat it.

Edited by Drunkenbagel

Or that the suits being different shapes is just a game mechanic (as in, the devs didn't want to make the suits dynamically change shape depending on what body type you select) and in reality the Tenno each have different body types and genders and the suits fit them according to their body type.

Tenno sort of have the option to 'Talk' to Cephalon Simaris in the relays, different chat options at least, which typically implies in RP games that you are saying/asking the player selected option.

Tenno sort of have the option to 'Talk' to Cephalon Simaris in the relays, different chat options at least, which typically implies in RP games that you are saying/asking the player selected option.

Kinda makes you wonder about Alad V's "Mute peasant" statement, though. Though I do have to agree that it seems this goes back to the "ritualistic silence" idea I really like; 'speak not with your enemy'.

Okay, there's tonnes of evidence that proves that Warframes are living. On Ice Planets, you can see their breath, on Survival missions, they require Oxygen to survive, on Exterminate missions, Lotus says "Other than you, I'm not detecting any life forms", and of course, the smiling reference that OP cited.

However.

All this proves, is that the Warframe is alive. Many people support the notion that the Warframe is an organic suit, similar to a Guyver, that theoretically is capable of all the functions described above, and that organic weapon, is piloted by an "energy" Tenno. 

I personally support a similar idea, that the Warframe is a Void-Twisted human that is controlled by an advanced AI known as a Tenno. The actual body itself is alive, but its actions are completely controlled by a non-living Tenno, exactly like The Corrupted are controlled by the Neural Sentry.

I could write more, but I'll simply say that the Energy Tenno theory isn't "debunked" simply because the Warframe is organic.