The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

And care to direct me to this collection of in-game materials that prove the Tenno are not possibly energy beings? I'm not here to prove your point for you. 

Or not apparently, I will take that withdrawal as an admission that you don't have anything to back up your words. 

But Hayden Tenno was the first Warframe.... he was human, and the Dev team confirmed he was the first Tenno... They show how the infection started in Dark Sector and how it grew over his body and he put the suit- the "Warframe" over it. They even show in the game when the mask comes up and snaps over his face. Anyone that played or saw Dark Sector would know that is how the Tenno look underneath, mutated humans.  

A lot of time has passed since then, but I always thought the people walking around the Tenno Relay are also Tenno that weren't corrupted by the void. If you look inside the Warframe Cryopod in defense missions there is a humanoid figure inside, and in the tutorial you emerge from the same pod.... 

Edited by Demarious

But Hayden Tenno was the first Warframe.... he was human, and the Dev team confirmed he was the first Tenno... They show how the infection started in Dark Sector and how it grew over his body and he put the suit- the "Warframe" over it. They even show in the game when the mask comes up and snaps over his face. Anyone that played or saw Dark Sector would know that is how the Tenno look underneath, mutated humans.  

A lot of time has passed since then, but I always thought the people walking around the Tenno Relay are also Tenno that weren't corrupted by the void. If you look inside the Warframe Cryopod in defense missions there is a humanoid figure inside, and in the tutorial you emerge from the same pod.... 

The Dark Sector games and Warframe have been confirmed by the staff team to be two entirely separate things. At one point they thought they might tie the two together, but it ultimately did not work out. So using anything from that game as evidence is iffy in and of itself. They may not have followed the same logic. And as far as I'm aware hayden was the result of a virus whereas our tenno were the offspring of void experimentation. As for the the people in the cryopods, they were stated to be placeholders long long ago. 

Edited by Cubewano

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Cephalon Sark expresses facial expressions despite being a small painted cube.

"I HOPE {Happy Expression} MORE OPERATORS ARE COMING FOR ME!"

But hey, yeah, they must be flesh people, since people made of flesh can instantly deform their bodies to fit into different molds of varying shapes, sizes, and genders.

I suppose you could support the theory that they're like Ditto from pokemon, but I wouldn't really qualify him as "flesh".

Oh, and to your picture:

110904-069b.jpg

Also, it's noteworthy that the people who work most closely with tenno describe us as having no eyes(Alad V) and as beings of energy that power the warframes(Captain Vor).

Oh, and we're not merely infested people, as one of those was in infested mesa, and the Lotus told us specifically that "It is not tenno".

The Dark Sector games and Warframe have been confirmed by the staff team to be two entirely separate things. At one point they thought they might tie the two together, but it ultimately did not work out. So using anything from that game as evidence is iffy in and of itself. They may not have followed the same logic. And as far as I'm aware hayden was the result of a virus whereas our tenno were the offspring of void experimentation. As for the the people in the cryopods, they were stated to be placeholders long long ago. 

1. If we are energy why do we need a cryopod? Wouldn't we be stored in something else to hold the energy? 

2. "Relays are colossal Tenno architectures" They are made by Tenno, so I assume the beings you see walking around are Tenno without powers or Warframes.... A lot of the syndicates look very Warframe like and you can see human flesh underneath...

3. Lotus looks to be Tenno and in a "Lotus" frame herself, she has a mouth and flesh.

4. If they were just placeholders, why do they look so much like the captives and the Tenno that walk around the relay???

Clearly, the Tenno are humanoid. If we were energy or an AI we would be called "Cephalon".  

1. If we are energy why do we need a cryopod? Wouldn't we be stored in something else to hold the energy? 

2. "Relays are colossal Tenno architectures" They are made by Tenno, so I assume the beings you see walking around are Tenno without powers or Warframes.... A lot of the syndicates look very Warframe like and you can see human flesh underneath...

3. Lotus looks to be Tenno and in a "Lotus" frame herself, she has a mouth and flesh.

4. If they were just placeholders, why do they look so much like the captives and the Tenno that walk around the relay???

Clearly, the Tenno are humanoid. If we were energy or an AI we would be called "Cephalon".  

1. The cryopod could just be for the frames (i've always been of the assupmtion they are organic) and that the storing has more to do with them. It is also a far more efficient way for whoever made us go dormant to maintain and store us, instead of just having us all lying around.

2. And cities are made by architects, do you assume everyone in the city is one as well? And do you realize what you are saying "tenno without power or frames" so they are basically tenno without any of the currently known aspects of being a tenno. How do syndicates however look like frames, they are literally just people in fancy pieces of cloth. Except the steel meridian, who dress like grineer sorta. But I guess the grineer and warframes are pretty similar. 

3. Nowhere has it ever been stated or even mildly suggested that Lotus is a tenno herself, and just because she knows a lot and aids us does not make her one. 

4. Because...they are placeholders? The staff didn't have a model for what they wanted to put in the pods so they just grabbed and available model that would work and put it in. They aren't going to make a custom model to take the place of another model they need to make. 

Edited by Cubewano

2. And cities are made by architects, do you assume everyone in the city is one as well? And do you realize what you are saying "tenno without power or frames" so basically they are tenno just without anything that makes them tenno. How do syndicates however look like frames, they are literally just people in fancy pieces of cloth. Except the steel meridian, who dress like grineer sorta. But I guess the grineer and warframes are pretty similar. 

4. Because...they are placeholders? The staff didn't have a model for what they wanted to put in the pods so they just grabbed and available model that would work and put it in. They aren't going to make a custom model to take the place of another model they need to make. 

Haha. I'm gonna get a bit nerd here! XD

If a city is made by humans... I would assume humans live in them.... Seeing how it says "Built by Tenno" and the Tenno still exist, then surely the beings running the relays are Tenno.... Now if they had said built by the Orokin, that would be a different matter. My understanding is that Orokin evolved from humans, and Tenno from Orokin. 

Not all the Tenno have warframes. "Warframes are the name of the exoskeletons worn by the Tenno", the Tenno put them on. The ones that get the frame are the ones changed by the void, so my understanding is that the ones that did not go into the void do not have powers. 

"The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend."

The "Twisted" ones that returned they built a frame around it, the words "twisted" suggests they were scarred or deformed. This also suggests a body. I suppose energy could be twisted, but I think "corrupted" is a more accurate word for energy that has changed. I always looked at "Tenno" as being a title, like "agent" or "assassin", they only started calling them "Tenno" after they returned from the void and had the Warframe placed on themAs for the Syndicates, I think they are nothing more than advanced Clans (just like the players make), and most are Warframe Tenno. The Arbiters of Hexis especially resemble Loki Warframes. 

"The Tenno are descendants of an ancient and mystical civilization of lost warriors from the Orokin era on Earth. "

It is suggested that the original Mirage knew Lotus, which would make her one of the originals from the early Warframe building period. 

"I see the Sentients crashing down on her, dying in overwhelming numbers. Now she's out of energy, I'm telling her to go but she's laughing, tearing their heads off as they swarm.

I have recovered something from the memory... a blueprint."

She- Lotus, says  "I'm telling her", not "They" or "We"  as in, Lotus personally is telling Mirage to leave, just like she tells us to leave or abort a mission. This suggests that Lotus is perhaps Orokin and very old, making her part of the ones that built the Warframes. Seeing how you need Orokin Reactors and Orokin cells to build and power up a lot of the Warframes, it makes sense. The wiki also says-

"Hostages liberated during rescue missions appear to be human, and wear jumpsuits that bear the Lotus emblem. It is suspected that these hostages are human, or are unarmored Tenno."

They are also the ones walking around the Relay.... see the logic there?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Cephalon Sark expresses facial expressions despite being a small painted cube.

"I HOPE {Happy Expression} MORE OPERATORS ARE COMING FOR ME!"

But hey, yeah, they must be flesh people, since people made of flesh can instantly deform their bodies to fit into different molds of varying shapes, sizes, and genders.

I suppose you could support the theory that they're like Ditto from pokemon, but I wouldn't really qualify him as "flesh".

Oh, and to your picture:

110904-069b.jpg

There is a difference than a 'happy noise' and a smile.

Never saw any pokemon stuff, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

What is the point of that picture???

I think Tenno are cloned. 

There, I said it. 

One theory is that the Orokin weren't "born" via parents, but via tubes and whatnot. And the Grineer didn't invent cloning; the Orokin did. The Grineer are just using old Orokin methods on inferior Grineer tech. 

So who's to say that the original Zaruman children weren't cloned? It'd make sense, right? Make dozens of prototypes, so that if one were to, ahem, fail, you have others you can experiment on. 

I'm not suggesting there's dozens of Rhinos or Excals out there. If they were going to clone one, they'd only do them one at a time, or keep the functioning model and *remove* the broken ones. 

Also, we have to face the fact that many things in the game aren't lore-friendly. Like the fact that many of us use dozens of warframes. Even when Ordis says "That Warfrume 'suits' you, Operator," I think it's a lore-breaking thing, and is more 4th-wall rather than canon. 

And the whole "Tenno are energy" thing is just lazy, imo. 

Nadia Sudek could turn into Nemesis in Dark Sector.

Warframe is not Dark Sector.

Even when Ordis says "That Warframe 'suits' you, Operator," I think it's a lore-breaking thing, and is more 4th-wall rather than canon. 

No, that's Ordis complimenting our Tenno on our choice of Warframe.

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

It is. Flavor text for the Glaive and Proto suit confirm it.

This marks the 4th time I've explained it today, those are easter eggs. I'll get my earlier post from this thread about it for ya.

Here you go:

I'm still riding the train of everything from Dark Sector present in Warframe is just a big-! easter egg. Like the absurd amount of Marathon references in Halo CE through Reach. 

Prime (ba dum tsss) example is the Security armor in Halo 3 (and Reach, but more-so in 3) it has its own Halo universe description, but it's an almost exact copy of the Marathon armor, it even has the Marathon symbol above the visor. 

Then there's the BOBs in Reach, a direct reference to BoBs in Marathon, their sole existence in Reach was an easter egg.

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

There's also the fact that we bleed every five seconds, but you know...

DESteve said that the only reason Tenno dont talk was because they wanted to make the player feel like they are the Tenno. So the players voice is the Tenno's voice. 

In that case my frame talks almost exclusively and cusses and ragespeak :|

-snip-

Yes, but cities are made for humans to reside in. Relays are meant to be a sort of fortress for bystanders, not tenno, they already have their ships and orbiters for that situation.

Tenno, at least in my view, are only those who have experienced the void and returned as whatever sort of void scarred energy being they are. Otherwise wouldn't all life forms be tenno, since the only requirement is being able to be changed by the void?

For the Excalibur entry, while yes it does suggest at some point the tenno had a physicality that is something we've always known. The bigger question is how much of that remained after the void, and then how much more of that stayed over their centuries following. Just because they may have been a person once does not mean they could not change. Especially over such an incredible life span, and under the influence of something very unnatural. I'm not sure what to say about syndicates however, outside what I've already said which is that they are literally just people in fancy uniforms, I cannot see how they look anything like frames outside the fact they both a humanoid in general shape. Also, wearing a hat of similar shape to a frame does not equate to looking alike, otherwise sometimes I look like mickey mouse. 

Where does knowing a Tenno make you a Tenno yourself? Okay Lotus knew the first mirage, so did plenty of people I imagine, military personel and so on, the orokin who experimented on them, it doesn't make them all void twisted beings. 

See the above. 

And I can see how you might go in the direction that the hostages are unarmored tenno, but they are just as likely to just be human soldiers working for the lotus. You don't honestly think she spent her entire period active during the tenno's hibernation doing absolutely nothing. It is already shown that the lotus has built a following and a name for herself, even prior to the awakening of most of the tenno, so it's entirely within reason to think she found new foot soldiers while us tenno were still mostly dormant. 

Has anyone watch "Ghost in the Shell" ? If you had, then you can see the connections.

An consciousness, call Tenno, control the frame. They can build and switch between frames. The warframe is the shell, "a conduit of their affliction". Each time the Tenno switch to the new frame, they have to master and unlock its power one by one.

In "Ghost in the Shell" it's basically the same thing, the conscious is a program, a ghost, the cyborg is the body, the shell.

The shell can speak, but only if the thing control it want to. And only its speak to the language of the controller. 

Don't forget, the Orokin fear the Tenno. They call it's Monster. A twisted few return from the void. They build the frame around them. The warframe is faceless. 'Cause it's merely a shell. What control it also gives it power. The energy of the void.

Remember Vor, he once said: "Now, I'm changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the void.".
"...The void call to me, it brought me here, and here I was reborn."

"My existence is forever, I can not be destroyed"

What can not be destroyed other than Energy itself ? Energy cannot be destroyed or vanish, it only transform into other "forms". Just like Vor keep appearing again and again in T4 missions.

Personally side on the physical tenno side of things. They built the warframes around the survivors of the Zariman, if we were simply energy they wouldn't need to build the frames in 'vaguely human, vaguely femine (mag)' shapes. We could of just been rolling doom balls of destruction.

Energy camp keep referring to Vor's quote, but that quote doesn't say we're energy beings, simply that we're the energy and the warframe is the focus.

Also the folks saying that the operator is a Sephalon, they could never be the case or the Sentients would of won the war. Sephalons are a tech based AI, the Sentients would of taken control of them. Warframes and there interfaces (since there are systems in the construction of a frame) to the Tenno controlling them would have to be so simplistic as to not be interfaceable by the Sentients. Weapons also were all mechanic so as not to be 'controlled' by the Sentients. Area I'm quite amenable to is the Sentients being a rebellious collection of Orokin Sephalons, be interesting to see how this plays out.

My personal belief is the Tenno are still vaguely human in shape though altered by the technocyte/void, I doubt very much that we could pass for human un-masked. How much the technocyte/void has changed us I have no idea, and whether it is linked to our ability to fit different shaped/sized armor I'm not sure. The latter could just be -sarcasm- laziness -sarcasm- on DEs part.

DE has purposely been very vague. Very early lore has since be ret-conned, and there's still enough room to move for both camps to be right. But I enjoy these sorts of discussions, so it's cool seeing good arguments from both camps.

Edited by KracsNZ

Don't forget, the Orokin fear the Tenno. They call it's Monster. A twisted few return from the void. They build the frame around them. The warframe is faceless. 'Cause it's merely a shell. What control it also gives it power. The energy of the void.

Remember Vor, he once said: "Now, I'm changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the void.".

"...The void call to me, it brought me here, and here I was reborn."

"My existence is forever, I can not be destroyed"

Where does it say the Orokin feared the Tenno? Oh yeah, nowhere. 

He didn't say it once, he says it every time I do a T4. Yeah, but he isn't energy, that spot where we blasted him in half is, Vor himself is still flesh, blood, and titanium. (or whatever his metal parts are made of)