Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

It seems a lot of people don't remember when Steve said that the Energy (or what he called it was the "Brain in a jar") theory was pretty close about 10 devstreams ago. I think a Brain in a jar is a lot closer to energy beings than humans in suits at this point with what's been hinted at so far, with not much hinting them being human except the chinese part of Warframe.

Edited by SgtFlex

Here's the thing, though:

The "Tenno" in the Rhino Codex used Rhino powers... Rhino Warframe abilities, abilities that are specific to the Rhino Warframe and that we use when our individual Tenno character (because, despite the holdouts, mono-Tenno IS fact now) can wear at any time. So, the abilities come from the Warframe, an idea supported by the "Not a Tenno" Infested Mesa in Patient Zero using its Warframe abilities against you.

As for Ember, as Vor said "the Tenno are that energy" - whether you take this as literal (energy being theory) or not, the fact remains: we are BRIMMING with the power of the Void, and that's more that likely gonna burn someone if they get too close. Hence the theory I like that the Warframes also allow us to interact with the common people.

I'm still confused as to what Warframes and Tenno are. So the warframes are a separate, living, organism? While the Tenno are "trained" to control them? There is that theory of Warframes being grown. But which ones are the Zariman kids? Are they the Frames? or the Tenno? If they're the frames then where did the Tenno come from? Aren't the Tenno the ones who were supposed to have all the pent up void energy? Then the suits were built or "grown" around them to enhance/allow them to control their powers? I am confuzzled.

Energy usually isn't a red liquid that squirts out and splatters on to surrounding surfaces.

Think of it like this the warframe is a hollow shell or a living organic body. We fill it with the consciousness or energy. Then as the shell or void twisted body gets destroyed, the energy or consciousness exits the container.

Think of it like this the warframe is a hollow shell or a living organic body. We fill it with the consciousness or energy. Then as the shell or void twisted body gets destroyed, the energy or consciousness exits the container.

Look at the Void. Look at the Rift sigil. Look at the energy of any frame. Do any of those look like blood? No. They don't.

My head is still spinning about Chroma... Who was using the Chroma? Was it that being whom was whispering all creepy-like? When was the last time Lotus saw one?

That might have been somebody else with the 'consciousness' thing. I've been more of a fan of the 'void magic allows mono-Tenno to physically pilot different sized frames' thing :P

Ah, well forgive my poor reasoning.

As for Chroma: oh yeah.

What controlled it, if anything? Was it just feral? Being unleashed by the Sentients because it was a useful tool? Could they control it because Chroma was wearing a melted Sentient machine?

(that last part is actually rather fascinating: what happens to the Warframe underneath the Chroma pelt after it breaks away during the encounter?)

But the biggest question I have: what was it about Chroma that, after just seeing it on Europa, was enough to make Lotus start to think "wait, could the Sentients be back? No... it cannot be."??

I'm still confused as to what Warframes and Tenno are. So the warframes are a separate, living, organism? While the Tenno are "trained" to control them? There is that theory of Warframes being grown. But which ones are the Zariman kids? Are they the Frames? or the Tenno? If they're the frames then where did the Tenno come from? Aren't the Tenno the ones who were supposed to have all the pent up void energy? Then the suits were built or "grown" around them to enhance/allow them to control their powers? I am confuzzled.

Not so much trained, but able to. A part of whatever the Void allowed them to do, no doubt - why? Hell if even the Orokin knew, likely - "where our science and reason failed" after all.

The Zariman kids are... the Zariman kids. "the ones from the Zariman" that Davis mentioned and the narrator (Orokin-Phil) had no idea could even exist because the Zariman, as he knew, never returned. The Void-infused people that are known as Tenno. The ones that came from an experiment back in the Void Era with the Zariman ship.

And the frames are - with Lephantis and the Rhino-creature - created, "shaped". They're a conduit for the affliction of the Teno, and what does a conduit do?

Wikipedia: An electrical conduit is a tube used to protect and route electrical wiring.

Protect - armor, shields, health; keeping the Tenno alive.

Route - Focus, direct. As a conduit sends electricity to power a light or a television, so too does the Warframe send the Tenno's void energy to power a Rhino Charge or an Ember Fireball.

I agree. I prefer my Tenno NOT to eat 'gore'. 

On that note: I actually like to imagine that the "health and energy" pickups came as a refinement of that "gore eating" behavior as a means to help fuel Warframe and Tenno - we're absorbing residual pockets of nutrients and energy left over after the deaths of enemies.

Look up buddhist definition of mind stream. It may be well beyond immediate understanding but have a go anyways. Then you will hopefully proselytise that energy, ghosts, animate creatures and indeed any form is a state of mind/perception that could equally apply to any credos or philosophy. The ops  theory or indeed any is in fact a waste of time until by whatever whim or internal logic the Lore is revealed.

Ah, well forgive my poor reasoning.

As for Chroma: oh yeah.

What controlled it, if anything? Was it just feral? Being unleashed by the Sentients because it was a useful tool? Could they control it because Chroma was wearing a melted Sentient machine?

(that last part is actually rather fascinating: what happens to the Warframe underneath the Chroma pelt after it breaks away during the encounter?)

But the biggest question I have: what was it about Chroma that, after just seeing it on Europa, was enough to make Lotus start to think "wait, could the Sentients be back? No... it cannot be."??

Not so much trained, but able to. A part of whatever the Void allowed them to do, no doubt - why? Hell if even the Orokin knew, likely - "where our science and reason failed" after all.

The Zariman kids are... the Zariman kids. "the ones from the Zariman" that Davis mentioned and the narrator (Orokin-Phil) had no idea could even exist because the Zariman, as he knew, never returned. The Void-infused people that are known as Tenno. The ones that came from an experiment back in the Void Era with the Zariman ship.

And the frames are - with Lephantis and the Rhino-creature - created, "shaped". They're a conduit for the affliction of the Teno, and what does a conduit do?

Wikipedia: An electrical conduit is a tube used to protect and route electrical wiring.

Route - Focus, direct. As a conduit sends electricity to power a light or a television, so too does the Warframe send the Tenno's void energy to power a Rhino Charge or an Ember Fireball.

On that note: I actually like to imagine that the "health and energy" pickups came as a refinement of that "gore eating" behavior as a means to help fuel Warframe and Tenno - we're absorbing residual pockets of nutrients and energy left over after the deaths of enemies.

I can agree with that friend. Just not the part of literally eating the other type of gore aka from a corpse, or something that is alive or was.

The 'Rhino' in the Rhino Prime Codex entry was probably the original infested individual that the future Rhino suits were made from or at least an alpha carrier for his strain of the technocyte mutation that the researchers were studying before the 'Rhino' escaped. If you have played or watched parts from DarkSector, I think of it as a Colossus infested - a refined strain of course. The maddened individual was lashing out at the staff trying to kill them all animalistically. It was not a Tenno, it was the individual infested who would be harvested to make the actual Rhino armor that ours in turn is derived from. The future Tenno in that piece are the void touched children who calmed the infested beasty.

I think I get it now. Zariman kids=Tenno, Frames=Grown onto them? Or were they a separate organism from their conception and somehow fused with the Z-Kids(Tenno)?

And the fact we bleed out? I'm pretty sure energy doesn't bleed.

I'm not saying energy bleeds, I'm saying that for us bleeding would be like the consciousness slipping out of the suit. Or like someone above me put it the suit could be living and were piloting it so bleeding would be losing blood.

I'm not saying energy bleeds, I'm saying that for us bleeding would be like the consciousness slipping out of the suit. Or like someone above me put it the suit could be living and were piloting it so bleeding would be losing blood.

How would a sharp object cause our consciousness slip out of the suit?

I think I get it now. Zariman kids=Tenno, Frames=Grown onto them? Or were they a separate organism from their conception and somehow fused with the Z-Kids(Tenno)?

A separate organism, likely originally going to be the sole creature sent to combat the Sentients (ala Lephantis's "created to fight in the old war" - which makes sense; Sentient can't control living flesh), as can be attested to by our own in-game character's switching of frames.

How the physicallity of the Tenno relates to this has yet to be revealed.

I can agree with that friend. Just not the part of literally eating the other type of gore aka from a corpse, or something that is alive or was.

Oh yeah. There's only so much squick people can take.

How would something metaphysical "leave" through something physical?

Hmmm. That is a good point. I guess at this point it'd make more sense if it was a living body, and it lost blood like any other body. In which case we just couldn't pilot it anymore when the body is to destroyed to continue.