The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Competitor For Speed?

9tailboy

Recently I just got chroma, and I f**kin love it, the possible builds you can make using chroma, I love it, especially his effigy.

So everyone knows what effigy does, but what really makes effigy interesting for me is the 20%+ bonus speed, but the -50% armor loss(which leaves you with a good amount of armor). However, if you use a max rush with effigy active, chroma goes really fast!!!

So if I'm correct, Chroma has base sprint speed 1.0, +30% makes it 1.3, and 20% speed increases leaves it at 1.5 or 1.56, thats not as fast as loki with rush, but it outclasses rhino prime with vanguard.

Of course, zephyr with jet stream and volt with speed would outclass all of these fools, I want to just say that chroma is a potential player in the speed race, all he needs is an effigy augment that increases speed, but lowers armor more.

here is my ranking for fastest warframes(note all these warframes have maxed rush):

1: Zephyr(with jet stream), can go with speed of about ~5.94412(if jet stream does not have a power strength cap)

2: Volt(with speed), can go with speed of about ~3.211

3: Loki can go with speed of about ~1.63

4: Chroma(with effigy) also tied with nova and mirage, can go with speed of about ~1.56

5: Rhino prime(With arcane vanguard), can go with speed of about ~1.55

-----

And sitting at last place #23: Frost!!!

Well thats all I got to say, reply and like on what you think

Edited by 9tailboy

Nova + wormhole augment + volt speed maxed + Zephyrs jet stream augment + x4 sprint speed boost auras

that's 50% worm hole, whatever volts maxed sprint boost to the team is, + 40% from zeph + 40% auras + all having Rush 30%
that's 170% + whatever Volts thing is. 

Lets break the sound barrier! 

Edited by Vesiga

Chroma has good powers. But he looks nothing like a dragon. And the Efigy or what ever it is sucks. I have no use for it. It devours energy like no other. It's stationary. It's dmg is practically nothing.

Have you tried having 170-175% power eff and 155% power str with ICE element? - holds up well passed wave 20 in Tower defenses. 

and the only dragon type thing about him is his pelt. underneath that looks like an oberon with no horns. 

Have you tried having 170-175% power eff and 155% power str with ICE element? - holds up well passed wave 20 in Tower defenses. 

and the only dragon type thing about him is his pelt. underneath that looks like an oberon with no horns. 

I actually like him without the pelt :C

Nova + wormhole augment + volt speed maxed + Zephyrs jet stream augment + x4 sprint speed boost auras

that's 50% worm hole, whatever volts maxed sprint boost to the team is, + 40% from zeph + 40% auras + all having Rush 30%

that's 170% + whatever Volts thing is. 

Lets break the sound barrier! 

ummm, so thats 40% speed from auras, 30% speed from rush, 147% from volt speed, 397.6% from zephyr jet stream, 426% from wormholes, lets calculate.

Nova has 1.56 speed with rush.

Now 1.56*1.4*2.47*4.976*5.26= holy f**k a sprint speed of 141.193!!!!

I don't even know how one can perform that 

Btw this is all assuming no power strength cap

Edited by 9tailboy

It would be pretty awesome if they released an alternate skin of Chroma without his pelt. Then when he uses Effigy, the animation simply looks like he summons the pelt instead of shedding it.

And since when using an Augment Mod is cheating in comparison with a normal Mod?

because this augment mod is for an ability that already has fast travel, it kind of distorts the comparison, thats why jet stream is acceptable because turbulence isn't a mod that transports the player, however, I may accept the wormhole augment only if used for speed

I actually like him without the pelt :C

ummm, so thats 40% speed from auras, 30% speed from rush, 147% from volt speed, 397.6% from zephyr jet stream, 426% from wormholes, lets calculate.

Nova has 1.56 speed with rush.

Now 1.56*1.4*2.47*4.976*5.26= holy f**k a sprint speed of 141.193!!!!

I don't even know how one can perform that 

Btw this is all assuming no power strength cap

I don't think they all multiply from your current sprint speed, do they? I thought it was all just multiplied off your base then added on to what you already have. 

I tested this with friends. 

we ran 50m in about a blink of an eye.

10/10 I recommend if you like speed runs and looking like your character is standing and floating. 

Edited by Vesiga

I'm not saying your math sucks, but your math sucks.

(1.15 × 1.3) × (1.15 + (0.4 × 2.84)) − 1 =/= 6.188

Also if I remember correctly Vanguard increases Rhino/Prime's base movement speed, putting Rhino at 1.15 and Rhino Prime at 1.25

However I'm not entirely sure if Chroma operates the same way, though I do know that 1.2 is not greater than 1.25.

I don't think they all multiply from your current sprint speed, do they? I thought it was all just multiplied off your base then added on to what you already have. 

I tested this with friends. 

we ran 50m in about a blink of an eye.

10/10 I recommend if you like speed runs and looking like your character is standing and floating. 

you really tested it with your friends!??!? I want to see video clips about this.

I'm not saying your math sucks, but your math sucks.

(1.15 × 1.3) × (1.15 + (0.4 × 2.84)) − 1 =/= 6.188

Also if I remember correctly Vanguard increases Rhino/Prime's base movement speed, putting Rhino at 1.15 and Rhino Prime at 1.25

However I'm not entirely sure if Chroma operates the same way, though I do know that 1.2 is not greater than 1.25.

Not to say your math sucks, but your math sucks, even what you did is wrong too. I did get zephyr's sprint speed wrong, but you got it wrong as well, its ~5.9

The speed of a warframe is increased on a augment mod or power after sprint speed with rush is applied, therefore, it allows her to go faster, approximately 2.8 is what you got, which is too low for her real speed, even loki with a 1.63 speed has a little difference, 2.8 is not even enough.

And I did add the arcane vanguard helmet to rhino prime, the difference is rhino prime has a 0.01 difference in speed than nova, mirage, and chroma.