The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Frustrating Fun Ever...

(PSN)Pengu_Imperialus

Some issues will get fixed with time, Frame Rate drops, and lag were so aggrivating because they usually showed up right in the middle of a good close game lol. 

Team auto balance needs some work, and it had a nasty tendency to take our 4 tenno team and split us into both teams even when we had 4v4.  This may be on purpose but I haven't followed the Dev on PvP closely enough to know.

Which brings me to my main complaint, the coptering.  We all had a blast when thing were running clean, weapon balance was a little off but all the issues I noticed there are addressed in the latest PC build.  it was just an utterly miserable experience when a copter happy Tenno ended up in the game.  It might not be so bad if it had some limiting factor too it, but as is it just sucked all the fun out of the experience.

Copter spamming is the bane of PVP. It's one thing to do it when it's appropriate, but when it's your sole means of transportation, I take issue.

I'd love to see a cooldown of some sort on it, perhaps require and use 60% of a stamina bar to perform a slide attack.  It would then become a tool to use and not a go to maneuver.  It'd be an effective cool down and require you to time your sprinting and slides.

I was on both sides of a few 6v2 matches. Matchmaking opening weekend was a disaster.

I was invited to games from friends and ended up on the opposite team every time. Which I can understand for the 1st game, but, it should auto squad us, if we started a lobby together, we shouldn't be on opposite squads the following game.

The coptering... Holy Christ. Ridiculous. The only thing worse are the connections.

The PvP is all types of cornball right now.

I'm a hater on PvP, BUT, this PvP is fun when is running smoothly.

To me, this game isn't built for PvP though. It plays and feels like an after thought. I am questioning how will the consoles support multiple game modes also. I sat in a lobby waiting for player 2 to start it up at 8:00 est. I just feel like when the other game modes drop, it'll be like Bioshock with the dlc levels, it divided the online community and killed the online. PC a community shouldn't have an issue with the # of players it has.

Few kinks to work out, but, overall good job DE. Individual host servers though... Oh man... :/

Copter spamming is the bane of PVP. It's one thing to do it when it's appropriate, but when it's your sole means of transportation, I take issue.

That's why I want it to have an effective cool down.  If you can only do it once every 10 or 15 seconds it's still a useful tool without being a game of scifi pinwheels in  a strong breeze

Copter makes PvP unplayable. It the truth, not opinion but truth. Its so unbalanced that its not even funny. And because DE hates balancing stuff, pvp will share same fate that archwing has, barely no one plays it because its just not that fun as just normal missions. As for now, only mention of copter fix is in parkour 2.0, so are we supposed to wait 6+ months for fix wich could be fixed right away by giving extra stamina consumption and delay on stamina regen? Yes we are and even that rumored "fix" has not details yet. Its shame, as first few days i had fun in pvp, then copter volt energy hoarders arrived. Every 15 seconds someone spams overload and copters miles away and does it again in 15 seconds. Yay fun...

Making coptering consume a large amount of stamina and being unable to use unless you have enough stamina to pull it off would be great.  Removing its movement boost altogether?  Even better.

Maybe others disagree, but where I think the CTF mode shines is the challenge of coordinating an attack on an enemy position and then protecting your retreat.  Your team should be focused on protecting the flag carrier.  With coptering, it's basically just a racing game to see if you can cap before your opponent snatches the flag.  I'm all for elements like parkour being useful to get into hard to shoot places or for evading fire, but whenever I see someone copter halfway across a map before you can get a few shots off, I feel like 

edit: if that stupid video doesn't load, what i'm trying to convey is https://youtu.be/U2cBGD5vTX0 :P

Edited by Yorinar

At least a bo atack speed nerf its going to reduce the coptering speed / distance on pvp.
Here on pc, we are still with that problem, worse, we get a lot of melee damage reduction without need it, example Bo series and probably a gram dps reduction (because some people complain about the damage on a heavy melee weapon lol) and hopefully a kogake nerf (yes really need it).
But we have to wait a lot of months to get a fix? Ugh dude that is a lot of time without fun.

Making coptering consume a large amount of stamina and being unable to use unless you have enough stamina to pull it off would be great.  Removing its movement boost altogether?  Even better.

Maybe others disagree, but where I think the CTF mode shines is the challenge of coordinating an attack on an enemy position and then protecting your retreat.  Your team should be focused on protecting the flag carrier.  With coptering, it's basically just a racing game to see if you can cap before your opponent snatches the flag.  I'm all for elements like parkour being useful to get into hard to shoot places or for evading fire, but whenever I see someone copter halfway across a map before you can get a few shots off, I feel like 

edit: if that stupid video doesn't load, what i'm trying to convey is https://youtu.be/U2cBGD5vTX0 :P

I'd start it requiring about 60% of stamina and see how long it puts between uses.  I may be over estimating but I'd say 10 seconds between use would be a pretty good target to aim for.  10 seconds is plenty of time for someone whos chasing you to kill you if you ignore them and just try to run, which is I think a good spot to be.