Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth And Ai System Broken Beyond Belief

Mama_Sasha

• 4 weeks later...

Good news guys. I was playing on uranus and as you know it got new tile sets. I set off an alarm and when I shut it off. I was still able to fight stealth. Seems like that much of the problem is bad pathing on old levels.

]\'[

You where just lucky. The problem still persist. 

Its like Russian Roulette, its either hit or a miss.

But why even bother, its not that they are going to fix any of these problems anyways. They apease the space pirates, as they bring more money to the table, and their problems are easier to fix.

There is no any good news, try any capture - after spoted by target (target will see you at any way, even if you hiding invisible behind wall), all enemies will be permanently alerted without any alarms, similar thing with rescue and some sabotages; all missions - just a randoms groups of enemies able to see you through 2-3 rooms ahead and come to your exact position, again without anyone alerted about you before. Okey, maybe one good news is that it can't be worse, well... I think...

There is no any good news, try any capture - after spoted by target (target will see you at any way, even if you hiding invisible behind wall), all enemies will be permanently alerted without any alarms, similar thing with rescue and some sabotages; all missions - just a randoms groups of enemies able to see you through 2-3 rooms ahead and come to your exact position, again without anyone alerted about you before. Okey, maybe one good news is that it can't be worse, well... I think...

There is none, no good news. Unless these problems affect teh Space Pirates' (The Community who cries for loot and want more power) gameplay, the stealth wont be of any interest.

Unless they state otherwise, there wont be anything fixing these problems, Stealth or Ai wise.

Speaking of AI (I have yet to watch new dev stream so I am a bit behind) what ever happened to the new kubro AI?

I hope between that and the sniper rework there is some stealth improvements in-game

]\'[

What improvement is there to be done? The Ai is so broken it hurts. The Devs' logic is that, as long as it can move and shot, its fine.

Stealth is broken alot and you got to wonder, why they even made Spy 2.0 in the first place.

I have been trying to keep posting this thread and talk about it since April, an dnothing has been done.

Safe to say that Cosmetics, Conclave, Raids and pleasing The Space Pirates (The Players who cry for loot) are a top priority.

I am exausted and simply tired of reporting anything more regarding stealth. Not enough interest from people.

IMHO We need AI 2.0. The OP has good points, but even for a carnage seeking reaper like me the AI is just bad. Fixing things like the circling and bad cover placement would help, but the AI still behaves too individualistic. I have never, ever though: "Oh hey, there is a squad" or "they behave like a squad".  The enemy "squads" are tactically as advanced as an untrained mob.

IMHO We need AI 2.0. The OP has good points, but even for a carnage seeking reaper like me the AI is just bad. Fixing things like the circling and bad cover placement would help, but the AI still behaves too individualistic. I have never, ever though: "Oh hey, there is a squad" or "they behave like a squad". The enemy "squads" are tactically as advanced as an untrained mob.

This. Someone brought up AI on the last devstream, and the response was "we're always improving pathfinding!" The fact that the AI is limited to pathfinding is this game's most glaring flaw.

For those people talking about the path finding. A rework on the placement of them wont work, and i stated exacly why in my original post, you guys and gals seriously couldnt have missed it?

Psst. let them go. I never stated that path-finding would help. Better AI would. But it keeps a conversation going.

]\'[

• 2 weeks later...

Totally support your idea of a better AI system!

BUT, i'm pretty sure that enemies do get alerted to your missed shots..

Sometimes..

At least when i did it yesterday that's how i failed one stealth run, that was with a silenced Lex P.

With arrows it has never happened though, at least i don't remember.

Totally support your idea of a better AI system!

BUT, i'm pretty sure that enemies do get alerted to your missed shots..

Sometimes..

At least when i did it yesterday that's how i failed one stealth run, that was with a silenced Lex P.

With arrows it has never happened though, at least i don't remember.

It can happens to arrows i think where they get alerted, wich is a plus, since otherwise the enemy ai are so stupid.

I have been doing quests and trying out my mios (best weapon ever) and I am happy to report that (on grineer tilesets at least) it is very possibly to be seen. Take out the enemies that saw you (fast enough[got the mios now, so its easy]) and REMAIN undetected if the alarms don't go off and you can go back to doing stealth kills. Until I get a good consistent example of what I mean, I am not sure if this is fact or just some fun runs.

]\'[

i don't know how many of these have been reported but i've found some interesting bugs and exploits during my endless pluto spy runs, i really like doing these since they're really fun

As certain frames, mainly Valkyr i've been able to consistently walk trough laser barriers if go fast enough, probably since they work on FPS if you go fast enough they wont trigger, proper use of rappel can consistently reproduce this bug

If you're fast enough enemies WONT SEE YOU ever, i've ran trough entire missions undetected, this was archieved with maxed rush and proper rappel use

that and all the numerous Map bugs like walking on the ceiling thanks to the elevator colission bugs

i don't know how many of these have been reported but i've found some interesting bugs and exploits during my endless pluto spy runs, i really like doing these since they're really fun

As certain frames, mainly Valkyr i've been able to consistently walk trough laser barriers if go fast enough, probably since they work on FPS if you go fast enough they wont trigger, proper use of rappel can consistently reproduce this bug

If you're fast enough enemies WONT SEE YOU ever, i've ran trough entire missions undetected, this was archieved with maxed rush and proper rappel use

that and all the numerous Map bugs like walking on the ceiling thanks to the elevator colission bugs

Wow. Gotta try the seed bug

]\'[

All of that said, pathing improvements are still something, as opposed to the nothing we've been getting so far. I have seen some 'squad' behavior, especially around enemies like bombards and nullifiers... maybe if they used that same code base and added more path variance and behavior links to those varied paths, it would seem more intelligent?

All of that said, pathing improvements are still something, as opposed to the nothing we've been getting so far. I have seen some 'squad' behavior, especially around enemies like bombards and nullifiers... maybe if they used that same code base and added more path variance and behavior links to those varied paths, it would seem more intelligent?

Maybe not so much variation, but more intelligent actions. For example. I was on draco when an eximus in the middle of a squad showed up. I charged the group and he activated his fire wall which hurt me and knocked me down and hurt me a lot, after that the squad defended him and opened fire...nearly killing me. One thing I was thinking was good plan,which is why I remembered it.

]\'[