Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Super Jump Mod Has A 0% Drop Rate

EvilMind

Super Jump (Excalibur #3) doesn't drop. I'm convinced this is a bug rather than bad luck. I've been playing daily since the start of open beta and out of multiple thousands of mods now I've never seen Super Jump drop.

I have an Excalibur, and I have drop the SuperJump 4 times, it is not a matter because I don't use it.  I don't really understand how we can use this skill ?   Only for move ? (If someone can explain to me..)

Edited by NeoGuardian

I have an Excalibur, and I have drop the SuperJump 4 times, it is not a matter because I don't use it.  I don't really understand how we can use this skill ?   Only for move ? (If someone can explain to me..)

Its for mobility and escape.

Use to get past high armor enemies that Slash Dash can't kill to save downed teammate.

Use with melee jump smash when surrounded.

Normal jump can be interrupted by stagger, super jump cannot be interrupted.

Question : Why on earth (or sedna) would you need it to drop? You get one when you get your frame, and I _know_ you will have extras of other mods that are otherwise worthless. For example I've found dozens of slash dash, shuriken, or mind control (look how many I have in the screen shot) just throw a bunch of those into your original mod and be done with it. Just because duplicates are the most efficient route to leveling a mod, does not mean that you should only do that.

For example it becomes FAR less efficient if you only farm super jump, you're wasting a TON of time on farming a mod you don't need to.

Long story short - you should NEVER have to farm a specific skill mod at this point in time.

warframe.x64+2013-05-15+09-12-42.jpg

To answer your question, I sold/fused (whatever) my only super jump way back when. I was playing the odds especially since I had multiples and expected it to drop at the rate it had been up to that point. I haven't seen it since. I do understand RNG and statistics. My sample size is large enough now to say with statistical confidence that a bug is more likely than just bad luck.

I've had over 4000 mods drop by now. If the drop rate for Super Jump was 0.1%, it would be:

= (1-.001)^4000

= 0.0183

= 1.83% chance of not seeing it by now.

= 98.17% chance of seeing one drop.

Yes I could be super unlucky. But generally once you get above 98%, odds are something else is happening besides random chance.

Of the people who have it seen it drop, when was the last time it dropped? I'm guessing the ones you have are old, before the drop rates were fixed-- back before Redirection was super rare. How many Super Jumps have you seen since the drop rate on Redirection was increased?

Edited by EvilMind

Mine (screenshot) was post fix - (I'm pretty sure my entire account is post fix) - I've only seen that one.

If I were you I'd open a support ticket. They changed the game so that you cannot fuse or sell a skill mod if it's your only one. They want all frames to have all their skills. I don't think they want you to farm forever for something you are supposed to have by default.

If I were you I'd open a support ticket. They changed the game so that you cannot fuse or sell a skill mod if it's your only one.

Oh I know I could open a ticket. I'm not going to as I don't care. I haven't been "farming for it" or anything. If I had a Super Jump I still wouldn't equip it. What I care about is if the drop tables are bugged in some way. And I believe they are.

Edited by EvilMind

Super Jump (Excalibur #3) doesn't drop. I'm convinced this is a bug rather than bad luck. I've been playing daily since the start of open beta and out of multiple thousands of mods now I've never seen Super Jump drop.

Just spam infested missions. I do believe that they drop the most warframe skills, so it's your best chance at getting it.

Also, what everyone else said: why the hell do you need it?

I think it is just the law of the universe that you if you constantly try to get a certain mod, it wont drop, but if you just don't care you will find it... Hooray for superstition! I have found almost every other Warframe's Ultimate power, EXCEPT mine (Mag). So hopefully they will implement trading soon.

RNG Gods can be cruel at times, just hang in there you'll get it eventually.

why do you need to farm it? when you buy/make excal  it comes with all 4 abilities. use cores to level them up.

You need multiples if you want to experiment with different levels of a mod.

I think it is just the law of the universe that you if you constantly try to get a certain mod, it wont drop, but if you just don't care you will find it... Hooray for superstition! I have found almost every other Warframe's Ultimate power, EXCEPT mine (Mag). So hopefully they will implement trading soon.

It's more a situation like the guy who logged in every day since Dec and got a rifle box each time.* Because I've been having no problems with my daily rewards doesn't mean that guy wasn't. It's like flipping a coin and it coming up heads 50 times in a row. Yes it can happen, but it's more likely you're using a double headed coin and not realizing it. My point is that it's time to check both sides of the coin that is Super Jump.

*Note that DE_Steve acknowledged there was a problem in that thread and planed to fix it.