Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee XP Broken or Bugged

IAmSecretSpy

Let me start by saying i have a melee build and i focus on Heavy Attacks with Cronus as its usually a 1-hit Kill.

The XP im receving at the end of the mission is pathetic to say the least.

I got 34 Melee Kills and around 600XP worth when my pistol that i had absolutely no kills with and didnt even use it got more XP then my Melee. Now i was reading around on Facepunch/reddit and it seems the way it may work is that it counts hits rather then individial kills. If this is true why do melee users have to suffer? It seems unfair that someone with a 70+ round mag is earning 3x + more xp then a melee type...

I mean i could be wrong but i tested it for myself and it turns out it seems to work exactly the way described.

Any help would be appreicated.

EDIT:

Couldnt help but show the huge XP differensial:

jbz6lN7eniTRSt.png

Burston:

Kills: 406

XP: 118,769

Cronus:

XP: 52,650

Kills: 750

I think it has something to do with how shared XP behaves when playing in a squad. When someone else gets a kill, you also gain XP, towards whatever weapon you currently have equipped. Since you can't equip your melee weapon the same way you equip your guns, this might explain why they suffer so.

Edited by IAmSecretSpy

I think it has something to do with how shared XP behaves when playing in a squad. When someone else gets a kill, you also gain XP, towards whatever weapon you currently have equipped. Since you can't equip your melee weapon the same way you equip your guns, this might explain why they suffer so.

Another primary issue seems to be with using +elemental damage mods. The damage doesn't count as being from that weapon (try slapping a lot of elemental mods on a Rifle and using it for a Rifleman challenge!) so it can deny a lot of melee weapon XP that way as well.

Stick to +crit/+meleedamage/+rate/+charge -type mods for now, and avoid +elementdamage as much as possible.

The only viable way to earn XP is to play solo in a infected mission.

Averaging aroun 120+ Kills nets me aroun 2K+ XP still uncomparable to using a rifle but hey its something.

Any Staff going to comment or is this going to get swept under the rug?

If its intentional then im sure we would like to know.