Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volts Nerf And How He Works Now

(PSN)JiggaJazz

Killing enemies is not CC, and you cant exactly fix an intended stealth nerf (if it was intended, that was the fix.)

What stealth nerf? Volt shield still adds to crit damage, and still adds elec damage to what you are shooting.

Elec DMG bonus no longer applies to crit DMG. Meaning stacked shields only give you like 20-30 more DMG each.

Don't assume its a stealth nerf. This could be a bug.

Volt is also pretty good at this point. It might be a possible augment to allow shield stacking like you are suggesting (Doesn't seem like something that should be native to a frame)

For all that didn't see the last thread, the PC patch hasn't hit us ps4 players yet, so we don't know if Volt changes we are seeing are a result of stealth nerfs or are a bug. 

I'm positive its a stealth Nerf as PC players are even stating they can't insta kill raid enemies anymore.

That note in 16.4 that PC got is literally meaningless, that patch happened in U13 and they're just mentioning it

Punch through and multi shot on volt has been gone for nearly a year and they're just mentioning it. Funny thing is the community is eating it up and believes that DE JUST fixed this

I'm positive its a stealth Nerf as PC players are even stating they can't insta kill raid enemies anymore.

that's funny, because you can easily mow down Enemies in the 'Raid' without using Electric Shield in the first place.

that's funny, because you can easily mow down Enemies in the 'Raid' without using Electric Shield in the first place.

Define "mow" please..?

Cause my definition of it is volt killing lv 200 enemies so fast that their life bar can't even be seen dwindling

Now volt actually takes time in killing enemies

I mean maybe if DE confirmed that this nerf is intentional, then I'd quiet down

But because they stealth nerfed volt I will continue to make my voice heard until they confirm

Ma bro.
The key is "Synergy".
If we had press 4 to win, we would only need 1 power. and all the power mods in the game, if thats what you want go to vault.
Get all power mods and do you. This game has choice and allows flexibility.

Also, look at it in the patch notes and if the problem really intrigues you(cuz most DE's dont reply here) create a support ticket.

so what is so stealthy about this nerf? DE_Adam announced it in the patch notes.

He said "Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving improper damage multipliers as per: https://forums.warfr...-absurd-damage/"

so if he told us about it, that means it isn't a stealth nerf.

Can you define improper?

Because unless DE gives me mathematical stats of how it works now then "improper" is just a word that does not cement how eletric shield works now

so what is so stealthy about this nerf?  DE_Adam announced it in the patch notes.

He said "Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving improper damage multipliers as per: https://forums.warfr...-absurd-damage/"

so if he told us about it, that means it isn't a stealth nerf.

Please read earlier posts in the thread. We are on ps4, don't have the patch, and so have confusion.

(I'm not on the stealth nerf train, I just want to know what happened)

Ma bro.

The key is "Synergy".

If we had press 4 to win, we would only need 1 power. and all the power mods in the game, if thats what you want go to vault.

Get all power mods and do you. This game has choice and allows flexibility.

Also, look at it in the patch notes and if the problem really intrigues you(cuz most DE's dont reply here) create a support ticket.

I made a ticket

DE can say whatever in their patch notes about changing volts eletrix Shields

Until they give me a confirmed mathematical equation of how it works now, it is a complete stealth nerf and lol @ the people copy and pasting the U16.4 patch notes

Nowhere in 16.4 notes does it state the equation was different, they just said they fixed it... Well DE, how did you fix it...?

PC players are even stating they can't insta kill raid enemies anymore.

killing lv 200 enemies so fast that their life bar can't even be seen dwindling

Now volt actually takes time in killing enemies

Sounds like a fix, not a nerf.

Electric shield only add +50% electric damage as part of elemental damage mod. It's a small damage addition that barely noticeable after the crit damage is doubled.

The huge damage you got isn't because of that, it's because of shield stacking stacks the critical multiplier and it's because wrong damage multiplier is added into it. 

Please read earlier posts in the thread. We are on ps4, don't have the patch, and so have confusion.

(I'm not on the stealth nerf train, I just want to know what happened)

Please stop because you're confusing people more

I am not talking about what you're taking about

The "fix" that is stated in u16.4 actually happened in u13, they are just now confirming it..

It's funny how you see some regular posters consistently post crazy stuff, like, "how could he possibly think that?" kind of stuff.  Then a post like this comes along and you realize, he/she was shilling for infinite content the whole time; not even talking about actual gameplay.  It's no wonder the game has become such a mess when DE actually takes feedback like this to heart.  

Is there any chance to verify both:

1.) How the volt shield now works

2.) What DE considers a bug and what is intended

???

Volt shield used to give stacking crit multipliers, making it possible to reach the damage hardcap at some 2billion damage, that was obviously not intended and got removed.

A very, VERY long time afterwards, volts shield used to give (stacking) electric damage bonus, and (not anymore stacking) crit multiplier bonus,

Making it a good, but not totally OP choice for dealing good damage to high level mobs.

(In comparison to other damage-amplifying abilities, this was quite balanced.)

I realized the dmg bonus was lower now than pre-patch, but I was buisy leveling up other frames.

Now it looks like it was actually nerfed through the bottom of oblivion to nigh zero, taking away most of volts team contribution.

AND: It was indeed stealth nerfed, the patch notes only said that a bug (generating 100x times and more damage with certain weapons, that a single volt shield never did before) was fixed, not that the shield itself was nerfed.

Seeing how DE managed to constantly stun me with absolutely unbelievably bad gamedesign decisions, I fear this was simply their way of "fixing that bug", thereby unintentionally nerfing the shield, as they simply could not do any better.

I mean, just look at the Synoid Gammacore nerf! A nerf was needed, less damage, ok, but reversing all and every characteristic traits of the weapon while still leaving the damage above what is good?!

Someone please, tell DE how to do stuff like that, and how to communicate it to their players, it does not matter if you (DE) actually care for them (the players), but you should at least make it look like you do!

It wasn't a stealth nerf. It is listed very plainly in the patch notes.

7mw.png

They fixed a bug, so it was not a "Nerf"

They told you about it in the patch notes,  So there was nothing "Stealthy" about it.

Long and short about it was that prior to Volt Prime, Volt was so terrible that no one would take him in to Raids. In fact very few players actually played him at all so this problem was UN-discovered for a long time. Long time bugs that are not fixed are not innately "features" simply because no one discovered or called attention to it.

Maybe now with Volt's shield being fixed DE will focus on making Overload more useful and consistent.

They fixed a bug, so it was not a "Nerf"

They told you about it in the patch notes,  So there was nothing "Stealthy" about it.

Long and short about it was that prior to Volt Prime, Volt was so terrible that no one would take him in to Raids. In fact very few players actually played him at all so this problem was UN-discovered for a long time. Long time bugs that are not fixed are not innately "features" simply because no one discovered or called attention to it.

Maybe now with Volt's shield being fixed DE will focus on making Overload more useful and consistent.

Thanks for NOT reading! -.-

1.) The effect described in the thread that was linked in the patch notes, had nothing to do with the general mechanic of the shield!

(And was likely introduced with the patch before, something like that would not go unnoticed for long!)

THAT... was a bug, that should have been fixed!

2.) The general mechanic of the shield was changed (nerfed to nigh zero), too, which was totally unrelated to that massive exploit damage.

(Therefore its a nerf, not a fix, it used to work this way (stacking electric damage, non-stacking crit bonus) for a VERY long time.

3.) THIS was NOT mentioned in the patch notes, therefore it is legitimate to call it a stealth nerf.

There are only two possible reasons for this:

a.) DE is as bad as they look when it comes to coding, and it was an accident, or the only way they could do it, or both.

b.) DE is as bad as they look when it comes to game design decisions, and it was intentional, the stealth part of that nerf would then be intentional, too.

I just can't believe someone with a halfway sane mind would do such a thing in such a way, there is nothing bad with nerfs they are needed sometimes, but this just does not look right.

Any word from DE about this?

Or any proven verification of how the shield now works?

Damage bonus still exist and works 100%, What doesn't work right now is the collision detection on some weapon.

-Bow weapons like Dread and Attica doesn't get damage bonus but still retain the innate punch through

-hitscan weapon like Latron still get the damage bonus but loses any punch through