Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volts Nerf And How He Works Now

(PSN)JiggaJazz

He has no press 4 to win

I love my new Volt Prime, that much I can tell you first. But I'm not sure if I can agree or against this statement.

His 4th ult works just like most other frame's 4th ult. His overload cannot be immediate executed again while the enemies are still in shocked from the previous one, just as Rhino's stomp cannot be immediately executes while the enemies are still suspended from the previous stomp.

If that what you call "no press 4 to win" then we all, at least I also,, agree and that DE should do that on all frame. We all win!!... Actually, DE has been doing that already, "quietly" sometime. Now, there are few frames with powers that are more defensive/passive in nature and that are more helping team and protecting team that you can immediately execute one after another, like Volt's shield. And if you say that DE need to do that to other frame's passive powers, removing stackable, hey I'm good with that, too; not sure if fans of frost's snow globe like that though, and other fans.  But I don't see too much of a resistance there either.

I don't disagree that DE could re-look at some of the frames and their powers and make additional adjustments and improvements to better the gameplay. In fact if you have enjoy every single frame like I do and play them on regular basis, you've probably noticed some small changes from update to update, and here and there. It baffles me so much, however, that when one uses his favorite frame and abilities, and condemns the playstyle of other frames and abilities. "Look, my Volt's abilities are full of utilities, and I cannot spam overload immediately until all the shocks worn out... but your Hydroid's tentacle can spam immediately after waiting 15 secs." ..."and, your Rhino's iron skin make you a dependent. Same for you press 2 to win Loki's invisibility. You all should use shock like mines because it's more utility..." ...well, ok.

a frame that uses auto kill as crowd control

Did anyone else read this and just, I dunno, wonder what the ****?

I mean seriously.

Also, I took brand new Aksomati into Seiminei. A Volt threw up some shields and they were critting for 4K damage while UNRANKED.

He's fine the way he is.

o3o

Edited by DiosGX

Why is this thred still alive? It's a really simple thing to understand.

Volt's shield allowed players to do over 2 billion damage.

This was not intended by DE.

As such, DE changed the formula, and told us that they changed the formula in the patch notes.

Volt should now work as intended.

Now, what I'm seeing in the rest of the thread are bugs caused by these changes, like the collision detection in bows and the punch through of Latron Prime. These are seperate issues. If you want to adress those issues, make another thread in your respective bug reporting section.This thread serves no purpose. Volt was not nerfed. Volt was fixed, and is now bugged. Say something about that, not about your petty whining about how you can't exploit him anymore.

Thanks for NOT reading! -.-

1.) The effect described in the thread that was linked in the patch notes, had nothing to do with the general mechanic of the shield!

(And was likely introduced with the patch before, something like that would not go unnoticed for long!)

THAT... was a bug, that should have been fixed!

2.) The general mechanic of the shield was changed (nerfed to nigh zero), too, which was totally unrelated to that massive exploit damage.

(Therefore its a nerf, not a fix, it used to work this way (stacking electric damage, non-stacking crit bonus) for a VERY long time.

3.) THIS was NOT mentioned in the patch notes, therefore it is legitimate to call it a stealth nerf.

There are only two possible reasons for this:

a.) DE is as bad as they look when it comes to coding, and it was an accident, or the only way they could do it, or both.

b.) DE is as bad as they look when it comes to game design decisions, and it was intentional, the stealth part of that nerf would then be intentional, too.

I just can't believe someone with a halfway sane mind would do such a thing in such a way, there is nothing bad with nerfs they are needed sometimes, but this just does not look right.

Any word from DE about this?

Or any proven verification of how the shield now works?

thank you

The lack of any word from DE clearly shows that DE is either afraid of how they messed up, or they dont even care at all about the players,

neither is a good thing.

Also the lack of people understanding what exactly happened here, and the abundance of trolls is quite disturbing.

Steve admit on twitter they messed up a bit on the last fix. Electric Shield is working normally right now, bonus damage working on all weapon, punch through working normally.

If you consider this state as nerfed and planning to do further whining for "buff" then you will waste your time. Because Electric Shield now is working normally as intended and won't need further fix or buff

Steve admit on twitter they messed up a bit on the last fix. Electric Shield is working normally right now, bonus damage working on all weapon, punch through working normally.

If you consider this state as nerfed and planning to do further whining for "buff" then you will waste your time. Because Electric Shield now is working normally as intended and won't need further fix or buff

- Good that you provided sources for that

- nice, too, that DE managed to communicate that to everyone

- good that they managed to fix the shield after having it be for 1 year (or was it even more) unaltered at it is (was) before that last nerf

</sarcasm>

-.-

[edit:]

- good, too, that it is totally useless now (max range/efficiency  frost bubble does the same, just better and with less work)

- would be really bad to have that one in line with other damage buffs like the x6.85 dmg from mirage for everyone or so...

Edited by Taipion

- Good that you provided sources for that

- nice, too, that DE managed to communicate that to everyone

- good that they managed to fix the shield after having it be for 1 year (or was it even more) unaltered at it is (was) before that last nerf

</sarcasm>

-.-

- good, too, that it is totally useless now (max range/efficiency  frost bubble does the same, just better and with less work)

- would be really bad to have that one in line with other damage buffs like the x6.85 dmg from mirage for everyone or so...

Just play Loki and forget about game difficulty.  Really, the other frames are a waste of time.  

-snip-

And you immediately resort to the most overused and generic arguments. At least it means you realize that your precious bug is a bug and won't return. Feel free to continue with other generic overused arguments, i already learned that it won't change anything so i don't have to bother arguing with it anymore.

Sorry, but you're flat out wrong on this.

Snow Globe has a limited amount of health, and the only way to make it a reliable defense in the late game is to re-cast it every 4 seconds so that it's always in absorb phase. This means that Frost basically cannot do anything other than cast snow globes. And he has to stay inside the one single globe he's maintaining, because it's "one sided" and multiple globes on the field make things worse rather than better.

Electric Shield covers a smaller area but it is an absolute defense. It will block anything, at any level, until its timer is up. You cast it once and then you're free to engage the enemy while hiding behind your shield. Or shields. From either side. Increases damage (slightly) of all outbound attacks, and doubles the crit multiplier on crit based weapons. And the duration is quite long as well, so as long as you have a hallway or a corner, electric shield is tremendously energy-efficient to keep up.

Shield is not obsolete. Not even remotely.

[...]

Shield is not obsolete. Not even remotely.

Yea, go ahead and show me how you can replace a max-range, 5 seconds snowglobe with volt shields!

...you do know why it has to be max range? And you know what happens if you move away from the center? Well, I guess not.

You'd need at least 8 volt shields to replace one max range snow globe, well, depending on the level design, but the point is, the volt has to be up close to recast it, and he can not do that in one click.

Also, the masses of trolls here are seriously disgusting.

Almost as disgusting as DE obviusly intententionally decided to not-communicate the stealth nerfs, along with those constant, incredibly bad game design decisions that make me wonder how they even got remotely that far with the game, seriously.

Fact is:

- The basic mechanic how the shield worked was fine (on par with other classes abilities)

- It used to work exactly that way for at least a year, if not more

- it was totally unrelated to the exploit mentioned in the patch notes (that was probably introduced with a very recent patch to start with)

- it was 100% stealth nerf

- yet to this point no word from DE?!

Looks like DE are even bigger trolls than most people in these forums (judging by this thread alone), there is just no other way to explain this (and many other game design decisions)!

The only thing were Volts shield would, at least theroretically, still be useful, is in combination with limbo, though you just can't do that without massive eye cancer thanks to that great, unavoidable limbo ability graphics, and well, it would just not work anyway except for lower level mobs.

Thanks, DE, for reducing Volt to a speedruns-only class!

Edited by Taipion

Yea, go ahead and show me how you can replace a max-range, 5 seconds snowglobe with volt shields!

...you do know why it has to be max range? And you know what happens if you move away from the center? Well, I guess not.

You'd need at least 8 volt shields to replace one max range snow globe, well, depending on the level design, but the point is, the volt has to be up close to recast it, and he can not do that in one click.

Also, the masses of trolls here are seriously disgusting.

Almost as disgusting as DE obviusly intententionally decided to not-communicate the stealth nerfs, along with those constant, incredibly bad game design decisions that make me wonder how they even got remotely that far with the game, seriously.

Fact is:

- The basic mechanic how the shield worked was fine (on par with other classes abilities)

- It used to work exactly that way for at least a year, if not more

- it was totally unrelated to the exploit mentioned in the patch notes (that was probably introduced with a very recent patch to start with)

- it was 100% stealth nerf

- yet to this point no word from DE?!

Looks like DE are even bigger trolls than most people in these forums (judging by this thread alone), there is just no other way to explain this (and many other game design decisions)!

The only thing were Volts shield would, at least theroretically, still be useful, is in combination with limbo, though you just can't do that without massive eye cancer thanks to that great, unavoidable limbo ability graphics, and well, it would just not work anyway except for lower level mobs.

Thanks, DE, for reducing Volt to a speedruns-only class!

Could you clarify which removed feature you're referring to in this post?

So since we can't clearly get our points out, we have to resort to Dev Bashing and insults. Good job. Look. Any frame that can deal game breaking damage will never be intentional. People seriously need to stop being so entitled to think that when they find an exploit that makes the game not even a game anymore *Cough*Cough*Synoid Gammacor*Cough, that the exploit should stay around and not be fixed just because it made life easier for them. No, no.

So since we can't clearly get our points out, we have to resort to Dev Bashing and insults. Good job. Look. Any frame that can deal game breaking damage will never be intentional. People seriously need to stop being so entitled to think that when they find an exploit that makes the game not even a game anymore *Cough*Cough*Synoid Gammacor*Cough, that the exploit should stay around and not be fixed just because it made life easier for them. No, no.

The point is perfectly clear, it's all the trolls and well, those who don't even know what they are talking about that make such a mess here.

For the 100th time:

- The gamebreaking bug that was referred to in the patch notes (that link to that forum post) was one thing, that needed fixing.

- In the same move, DE nerfed the way volts shield worked for at least a year, and it was fine as it was. (And is unrelated to afore mentioned exploit!)

- It used to be: crit multiplier is applied once, electric bonus damage stacks for each shield, which gave a absolutely linear, yet usable damage bonus, where in most situations you could easily multiply weapon damage by a fair amount, though getting less for each additional shield, not comparable with what mirage could do, and not as easy to use, but still very good, that is gone now, and that was not communicated by DE in any way, and was absolutely unnecessary, and a serious, unneeded nerf to the Volt.

Edited by Taipion

The point isn't really that clearclear, it's all thepeople who don't understand what I'm talking about that make such a mess here.

- The gamebreaking bug that was referred to in the patch notes (that link to that forum post) was one thing, that needed fixing.

- In the same move, Something happened that I don't like, that sounds unintentional. (Coding is magic)

-Instead of making a bug report like a good Tenno, I came onto the feedback section and complained about the removal of the exploit instead of how the shields work

-Now everyone thinks I'm dumb because they still think I'm talking about the exploit while I'm actually talking about something else

Fixed that for you.

What you should do is go make a thread about the damage and problems in the PC Beta Bugs section about how the calculations are off. Put in a few screenshots of you using it and giving improper numbers.. Since the Volt changes were recent, I expect it won't take long to review and change back. 

Just play Loki and forget about game difficulty.  Really, the other frames are a waste of time.  

epic post

Fixed that for you.

What you should do is go make a thread about the damage and problems in the PC Beta Bugs section about how the calculations are off. Put in a few screenshots of you using it and giving improper numbers.. Since the Volt changes were recent, I expect it won't take long to review and change back. 

nice job with the tenno bashing

- It used to be: crit multiplier is applied once, electric bonus damage stacks for each shield, which gave a absolutely linear, yet usable damage bonus, where in most situations you could easily multiply weapon damage by a fair amount, though getting less for each additional shield, not comparable with what mirage could do, and not as easy to use, but still very good, that is gone now, and that was not communicated by DE in any way, and was absolutely unnecessary, and a serious, unneeded nerf to the Volt.

And it still is, for the 100th time the bonus damage is temporarily gone due to bug. It's not a nerf, it's a bug. It has been reported and it has been fixed. And don't pull that "not communicated" thing, the bug has been fixed since last week but you're still oblivious now. You're the one not paying attention.

At first I really thought all those people who posted in this thread just don't have a clue.

I really thought for a tiny split second that they unintentionally keep mixing things up and post random bullsh!t out of context.

Well, no, I did not, but it is still disgusting to read it.

trolls,

trolls everywhere

-.-

..and DE must be intentionally trolling, too, just look at that trollkor "fix" where you can now still bounce other players as long as your character is within explosion range as well. (At least someone at DE is a very dedicated troll.)

[And ther is no word on the (still 100% undocumented) nerf (not fix) to volts shield]

Edited by Taipion

At first I really thought all those people who posted in this thread just don't have a clue.

I really thought for a tiny split second that they unintentionally keep mixing things up and post random bullsh!t out of context.

Well, no, I did not, but it is still disgusting to read it.

trolls,

trolls everywhere

-.-

..and DE must be intentionally trolling, too, just look at that trollkor "fix" where you can now still bounce other players as long as your character is withing explosion range as well. (At least someone at DE is a very dedicated troll.)

[And ther is no word on the (still 100% undocumented) nerf (not fix) to volts shield]

Seriously? you are already presented with proof and now you're resorting to calling people troll. I'm reporting mod to just close this thread, too many people have wasted their time for this non sense.

nice job with the tenno bashing

All I'm saying is that this is the wrong thread to be dealing with the issue that he wants. If he said "Volt is broken because the shield doesn't multiply right" that would be an acceptable point. If he says "Volt is useless because I can't one shot everything anymore" it's hard to take it as anything but whining.

Edited by TheBrsrkr