The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Skin] Throwing Knives - Bo Shuriken!

JoeyZero

So... Nothing in this game would make me feel more like a ninja than models that were based on period weapons. Any chance that we can get a bo shuriken (throwing spike) skin for the throwing knives when they are released? There are tons of different designs out there that the devs could pull from. Personally, I'd really like to some negishi-ryu shuriken. I'm not sure if this is what the current model they're working on will look like, but if not, I just thought I'd drop the suggestion to make it a skin. ;]

I found a picture that seems to be relatively accurate as far as the design and the size. I made a few in the past (though nowhere near as well-made), and I've seen them with the handles wrapped and without. Maybe make the models in game a bit bigger to show them off?

Negishi_Ryu_Bo_Shuriken_by_54mwi53.jpg

Edited by JoeyZero

I'd love to get some shurikens or throwing knives. I'm not into the melee combat as it is, all the effective weapons rely on charge attacks because charges ignore armor. Throwing knives like that could be innately armor piercing and super fun to use!

Based on what was said in livestream 5... It almost sounded like throwing knives would be considered a sidearm, since someone said paris, throwing knives, and glaive would be the ultimate set up for stealth. Could have just been a way of calling them out for being silent, but to me it sounded like they can be all used together.

Based on what was said in livestream 5... It almost sounded like throwing knives would be considered a sidearm, since someone said paris, throwing knives, and glaive would be the ultimate set up for stealth. Could have just been a way of calling them out for being silent, but to me it sounded like they can be all used together.

Correct. DE_Steve said that you could run with the Paris, Throwing knives, and Glaive for a completely silent loadout.

Would be fun to have throwable melee weapons in general like the skana, scindo, zorzens, and daggers.

Allow the player to throw the weapons but the player must go where the weapons fall in order to recover them and be able to use them again.

Imagine throwing a big-&#! axe (scindo) at a huge mob of infested and watching those mofos get mowed down and turned into ground meat.