Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loot Tables

Malachia

Dunno if this is the right feedback forum for this, but its certainly the most livley one and there were no others that seemed more appropriate.

I think somethings wrong with the loot tables as they are.

Loot is divided amog the plantes, as in, if you want rubedo, you go to earth or pluto, if you want neural sensors you go to jupiter and so on.

I dont think this is good, currently if I want neural sensors I have to go do level 10-20 missions or i have 0% chance, absolutley 0% to get what i need.

This means that if I have a lvl 30 warframe and im trying to get some higher level mods into it I cant look for them while trying to get the neural sensors I need. (unless mod drops are dependant on the level of the frame your using, which I doubt).

I think they should add drops to enemy types, like giving Grineer a chance to drop alloy plate and morphics for instance, no matter what planet your mission is on.

I think this is one of the reasons this game feels like such a grind, whatever your looking for you ahve to look specifically for that and you cant get anything else you might need (most of the time) in the process.

What do you guys think?

*bump*

Really? no one thinks that you can only get a certain type of loot on a certain type of planet is kind of wierd?

Why would end game crafting mats only drop in low level missions, forcing people to do them when they want to build something?

Well first of all, not everyone has the money to invest in the game like that.

Second, it doesnt change the fact that your forced to play in certain level ranges to get certain mats that you need regardless of your level.

You should be able to farm mats at all kinds of level ranges, not one specific planet where that thing drops.

I dont think any other game has a loot system similar to this one, and this game is especially loot-centric with all the blueprints and stuff.

Yeah, finding Alloy Plates is something of a difficult step considering we seem to need so much of it; at least in comparison to every other material needed. They need to balance material drops out a bit. So far you can only find Alloy plates on one planet, and the drop rate is rediculously low. What's more, since everyone was complaining about finding no Morphics before, I've been finding three or four per mission, to the point where I now have roughly 40 to spare; for a material you usually only need one of when crafting with it, this should express just how excessive the buff drop rate seems to have made it.

By no means do I farm this stuff. All I know is I started off this week with 8 (more than enough, so I had no intention of finding more) and now I have 40+.

Just because you have to goto a lower level zone doen't mean you won't benefit at all. The idea of having to goto specific maps to farm X of whatever is just standard in games like this. Once they have different enviroments going, it will give people reasons to play all over the place and not just in a single high end zone. Also, from what I know, mod drops are based on the current level of your frame/weapons and not tied into the level of the zone your at.

The rarity and quality of the boosts on the mods seems primarily based on the level of the enemies on the mission. Having the materials mostly divided by location simplifies finding the mat you need to a degree.

However I did find a couple inconsistancies. One of which is Jackal on Venus was dropping the Orokin material used in making the reactors and a few other items.

I'll assume you've never played an MMO in your life (?)

Name an mmo that makes you farm low level areas over and over and over and over again to get mats to build an end game piece of gear? i dotn know many.

No wait, even better, name an mmo that has a mat drop only in one place out of the whole world, which is used in lots of the end game recipes, such as neural sensors is used for orokin reactor\some weapons\helm pieces and drops only in one zone.

And anyways, this is not an mmo.

If my warframe is now lvl 15 and i need to build an orokin reactor to upgrade him, why do i need to replay only jupiter missions to get the neural sensors i need? why cant I continue to open up new missions by doing the ones I havent finished and have a chance of getting it there? If i knew for instance that infested enemies also have a chance to drop these, and not only in jupiter, i could choose to advance in the missions that have infested enemies instead of just replaying over and over again the same missions at jupiter.

Currently i have 3 planets that are about half unocked just because im farming mats all day instead of continueing to advance to better missions. And im forced to continue to do this because if i dont my warframe wont advance anyways since i need the upgrade.

Name an mmo that makes you farm low level areas over and over and over and over again to get mats to build an end game piece of gear? i dotn know many.

No wait, even better, name an mmo that has a mat drop only in one place out of the whole world, which is used in lots of the end game recipes, such as neural sensors is used for orokin reactor\some weapons\helm pieces and drops only in one zone.

And anyways, this is not an mmo.

If my warframe is now lvl 15 and i need to build an orokin reactor to upgrade him, why do i need to replay only jupiter missions to get the neural sensors i need? why cant I continue to open up new missions by doing the ones I havent finished and have a chance of getting it there? If i knew for instance that infested enemies also have a chance to drop these, and not only in jupiter, i could choose to advance in the missions that have infested enemies instead of just replaying over and over again the same missions at jupiter.

Currently i have 3 planets that are about half unocked just because im farming mats all day instead of continueing to advance to better missions. And im forced to continue to do this because if i dont my warframe wont advance anyways since i need the upgrade.

Because unlocking new systems allows you to get alerts on them (which have artifacts, reactors, catalysts, and some of the best melee weapons in the game). Not allowing you to kill two birds with one stone all the time is one of the basics of f2p games :|