[DE]Rebecca

Update 8 Coming Soon, Vauban Coming Sooner!

Any news about update 8?will be released today ? 

Haven't seen anything about it yet, According to the last live stream it should be out at the end of today

• Upvote 2

Haven't seen anything about it yet, According to the last live stream it should be out at the end of today

I don't think we will se U8 today, i don't think we'll see it even this week. Hopefully they will release it next week.

update is criticaly needed, i have 9 waframe and its boring now ..no targets no main directions ...just grind for mods?)

and it better be moooore content veryy more or project go down

• Upvote 1

patch8 to day ? on friday? or next week?

When it's ready, no more information. They said it will be released a few days later than they planned to, but since they said it was going live in less than two weeks, well, two weeks ago, it could be between tonight and next week.

I could see a system like that working, but if they started to make too many things work that way you end up with problems as well. Banshee BPs for instance are possible end of wave rewards and end of mission rewards for specific mission types. If they made too many things follow that trend you either end up with a huge pool of potential pieces to get when your looking for maybe 1-2 of them, or they limit each frame/bp to select mission types, or as end of wave rewards for certain defense missions.

I'm not saying it can't work but I do think that it would need to be very well executed, or run the risk of turning into potential issues of people farming the same mission types or defenses for parts or seeing 30 bps for a frame or item they don't have any interest dropping without any indicator that they might find what they want.

I obviously can't speak for other people but when I run missions in warframe I generally do it with the intent to farm a material, a mod or a blueprint. As I said though, the idea has merit provided it could be implemented properly.

People are starting to progress into far levels of defense maps. 

All they need to do is just adjust the drops on the defense maps. Keep them random, but create tiers of rarity that adjust with current defense level. 

For example my clan got to wave 80. First ones with recorded footage to 80. They recieved uncommons the entire way up. 

If they were to use his suggestion and add some sort of restrictions it could create a pretty decent system.

Example:

Waves 5 - 15 have a chance to drop Banshee + certain rares / uncommons and commons. Mods

Wave 20-35 have a chance to drop Vaubaun + certain rares / uncommons and commons Mods

Wave 40 - 55 have a chance to drop XXXXXX + certain rares / uncommons and commons Mods

Wave 60 - 75 have a chance to drop XXXXXX + certain rares / uncommons and commons Mods

Wave 80 - 95 have a chance to drop XXXXXX + certain Rares Mods

Wave 95 + have a chance to drop Prime Parts + certain Rare Mods

So update 8 still has no concrete date? i was hoping tonight, as i'm on the road driving from NJ down to FL, and would love to have update 8 as i sit in the hotel for a break someplace in GA... but that doesn't seem likely.

• Upvote 1

All they need to do is just adjust the drops on the defense maps. Keep them random, but create tiers of rarity that adjust with current defense level. 

For example my clan got to wave 80. First ones with recorded footage to 80. They recieved uncommons the entire way up. 

If they were to use his suggestion and add some sort of restrictions it could create a pretty decent system.

Example:

Waves 5 - 15 have a chance to drop Banshee + certain rares / uncommons and commons. Mods

Wave 20-35 have a chance to drop Vaubaun + certain rares / uncommons and commons Mods

Wave 40 - 55 have a chance to drop XXXXXX + certain rares / uncommons and commons Mods

Wave 60 - 75 have a chance to drop XXXXXX + certain rares / uncommons and commons Mods

but it might end with that ppl will buy Frost Prime for plat you know?

Example:

I thought about that for a while too and that comes with other issues. One of the main things none of us can either agree on or come up with a solution to is how to add in new content while keeping it difficult to obtain in a way that allows the majority of the playerbase to be able to reach. While it may be true that its entirely possible to reach waves 80+ I feel that expecting the average group to make it there is nothing short of a miracle, so maybe a system like that but with a different scaling (although I do wish higher levels would stop giving me hellfire).

Edited by Fallast
  • Upvote 1

OK. DE, I know that you guys work hard. It's hard to make a business that stays successful. You need money to make this game better. Now that said; you guys (DE) said that the update was postponed. I did not care too much because I do not want a buggy update, but it has been more than "a few extra days." If you postponed it and SOMETHING very wrong did happen to it or sudden changes was a must then tell us that. I do not like being in the dark. People trust you with the money they put in. It's an investment. This lack of information would not of happened if we were stockholders of a business. You would tell us the problems and give us a date of an update that will solve the problems. Also, even if you guys are in "beta" you use that to your advantage to make more money. I do not see a problem with this. We need surprises. I agree with this, but keeping ETA information is a no no. Even though I say all of this; I still like warframe. I wish it to continue. You guys are great. If anything, I have noticed that update (major ones) always appear on Fridays. So, does this mean U8 coming this Friday is the update date? If not tell us. Not be rude guys, but if it wasn't for your players you guys wouldn't be getting paychecks/have a job. We are not stupid.

Sincerely,

Xavier_Strife

EDIT:  I do not care about the nerfing. I myself like to play around in different ways. Rhino needed a nerf on his ability. I am a rhino fan. All weapons and warframes can be good for any situation. It comes down to mods and playstyle. Of course this is a big comment from a person who is playing only a month in this game. Also to add to the fact that U8 is probably around the corner. Meaning its not like its going to be a year/month from now. Don't take this as a rage comment because I put effort to getting my point across. Thank you for reading if anyone did and I hope my point gets read from a Dev(s).

Edited by Xavier_Strife
  • Upvote 1

I WANT UPDATE 8 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

+1 Give some information about your progress

YEEEEAY we wait for it. Everything better than i excepted.