May 15Th: Hot Feedback Topics

[DE]Rebecca

Some Hot Topics for everyone!

1.Where Is Update 8?

We said last Wednesday May 8th it was Less than Two weeks away. As of today (May 14th), it is now less than two week away. We want it to be awesome, so we will be working on it a few days more before releasing it.

2. Vauban, the Engineer Frame, coming soon!

Not wanting to relive the Glaive experience, we’d like to inform the community about the Engineer Warframe and just how you will obtain him! Starting on Friday, a new Tenno joins the ranks! The Engineer frame! How? By Platinum or through the purchase of a Blueprint whose parts can be found via “?” Alerts. BEFORE YOU CRY FOUL: these Alerts will not be as rare as Catalyst/Reactors. Banshee herself follows a similar acquisition, as her parts need to be found over time.

Also Relevant: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/45023-update-8-coming-soon-vauban-coming-sooner/page-6#entry449937

3.Clans of all sizes, what does Update 8 mean for you?

We are hammering away on Update 8 here. It is the beginning of a very cool system for Clans. We'll keep it balanced, the goal is teamwork within clans, no matter the size.

4. Login rewards suck Corpus Screws!

DE_Steve agrees. http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1e8mk8/so_these_login_rewards_is_getting_kind_of/c9xvad6

5.International Forums, where is my language?

Once we have the staff and resources we will add more languages.

6.Better “Devs have seen/posted” features.

Would love this also, proposing to our Web Fella and hopefully we can take this idea places.

7.The Dojo! 1v1 Duels! PVP?

No, no Tenno. The Dueling Room in the upcoming Dojos is for 1v1 spars between clan members, a friendly duel. If a clan feels up to it, they can impose their own rules (i.e no powers, melee only!) , we will not be balancing any PvE elements of the game for this.

PAST HOT TOPICS:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/40667-may-6th-hot-feedback-topics/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38144-may-1st-hot-feedback-topics/

We are hammering away on Update 8 here. It is the beginning of a very cool system for Clans. We'll keep it balanced, the goal is teamwork within clans, no matter the size.

I don't know if you can answer this now but will the Dojo stuff offer rewards such as percentage increases in credits and resources gained etc? or it just a social symbol of power with no real gameplay benefits?

Edited by Toko

we will not be balancing any PvE elements of the game for this.

Inb4, countless people still being butthurt that their favorite warframe can't stand up to another warframe.....

Be prepared DE, be prepared.........

'The day after tomorrow.'

Edited by Pixues

Anyone from DE, I'm dead-serious when I ask you to read what I have to say.

Not wanting to relive the Glaive experience, we’d like to inform the community about the Engineer Warframe and just how you will obtain him! Starting on Friday, a new Tenno joins the ranks! The Engineer frame! How? By Platinum or through the purchase of a Blueprint whose parts can be found via “?” Alerts. BEFORE YOU CRY FOUL: these Alerts will not be as rare as Catalyst/Reactors. Banshee herself follows a similar acquisition, as her parts need to be found over time.

This is not good and I will be as clear as possible in explaining why.

With banshee there was some psychological strain as hunting for BP in random missions rather than boss farming feels like searching blindfolded (though it is fairly possible, I have crafted a Banshee my self). However having to find the Vauban BP parts in alerts will be far far worse, not only will we not be able to focus on a type of mission, we won't even be able to choose when or how often to attempt getting these BPs, it will be a slow torture.

But psychology aside even if the chances are a lot better than for orokin potatoes we will still need to find 3 different BP parts, which will exponentially decrease the chances to actually complete a Vauban; just for comparison we had 3 or 4 glaive alerts so far, if those were Vabuan BP parts then most likely one of the BP parts still wouldn't have appeared. Add to this that as humans we aren't online 24/7 and I cannot imagine many average players will craft a Vabuan before 2 or 3 months, unless these BP parts will be stupid-common.

I don't know how much time you devs have spent to come to this decision, but I can see only 2 outcomes:

A) If the BP isn't common enough there will be a ton of malcontent, much more than there was for the glaive. Unlucky players might not ever be able to craft a Vabuan as much as they'd like it because they cannot resort to farming it. The community was exaggerating when they said that because of the glaive alone the game was straying from free to play, but they might not be exaggerating once update 8 comes...

B) If the BP parts will be very common there will be an overflow of Vabuans in every game because so many players who might not have farmed it will find them selves with these BP parts and use them eventually. The BP parts will also reduce the chances to get other random rewards, so you will still get a ton of malcontent.

Edited by CubedOobleck

I thought DE_Steve said that in livestream that it would be before this friday coming up! Hmmm. If not its ok...just want to know truth.

Thank you Rebecca for the infomation as always!

Sincerly,

Xavier_Strife

Edited by Xavier_Strife

7.The Dojo! 1v1 Duels! PVP?

No, no Tenno. The Dueling Room in the upcoming Dojos is for 1v1 spars between clan members, a friendly duel. If a clan feels up to it, they can impose their own rules (i.e no powers, melee only!) , we will not be balancing any PvE elements of the game for this.

Call it what you want, but it is PvP.  Players will be playing versus players.  Also, no one is asking for PvE elements of the game to be balanced for pvp.  People recognize that it's pretty much impossible to balance for both at the same time.  Most players have always assumed that PvP would have a completely different balance to it (ie rhino skin would work differently in the dueling room than it would in PvE).

Edited by Aggh

Not wanting to relive the Glaive experience, we’d like to inform the community about the Engineer Warframe and just how you will obtain him! Starting on Friday, a new Tenno joins the ranks! The Engineer frame! How? By Platinum or through the purchase of a Blueprint whose parts can be found via “?” Alerts. BEFORE YOU CRY FOUL: these Alerts will not be as rare as Catalyst/Reactors. Banshee herself follows a similar acquisition, as her parts need to be found over time.

That is good to know but Orokin stuff has been quite common the last week.

6. Better “Devs have seen/posted” features.

Would love this also, proposing to our Web Fella and hopefully we can take this idea places.

This is how Blizzard do it: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/blizztracker/. You can see all official posts. They even use a different colour of text. It might give the team some ideas.

Edited by Toko

Wait.... a new Warframe and a new Tenno?

Cause, you know, Tenno and Warframe are different and if you say both a new Tenno and Warframe you saying that each Warframe has their own Tenno. And it's not just one Tenno hoping between frames.

LoreNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

You should leave them as is cause this is never going to end.

The "real problem" here is that people want to have another better chance at getting Orokin or BP.

Even if you drop one color square in that thing people would just complain about getting the same color or a color they already have over and over.

This is never going to end.

By the way....

This is the first Warframe named after an actual person!

Does this give us a clue of the origin of the Warframes?

Are the Warframes created by........ THE FRENCH!!!!

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUNNNN!!

He should have been called Hephaestus or Antikythera or Eitri.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Some Hot Topics for everyone!

1.Where Is Update 8?

We said last Wednesday May 8th it was Less than Two weeks away. As of today (May 14th), it is now less than two week away. We want it to be awesome, so we will be working on it a few days more before releasing it.

Today is the 15th Rebecca, lol

Sébastien Le Prestre, Seigneur de Vauban and later Marquis de Vauban (15 May 1633 – 30 March 1707), commonly referred to as Vauban, was a Marshal of France and the foremost military engineer of his age, famed for his skill in both designing fortifications and breaking through them. He also advised Louis XIV on how to consolidate France's borders, to make them more defensible. Vauban made a radical suggestion of giving up some land that was indefensible to allow for a stronger, less porous border with France's neighbours.

Is this where you got the Warframe's name from?

So, we're continuing with the ?-alert reward implementations.  Are we ever going to move towards high-level defense mission reward or go back to rare boss drop for future weapon and warframe blueprints?  And what about revamping alerts to randomize reward per player? 

I've been working on doodles and stuff these past week and I find myself barely playing anymore, only a few games a day, typically the higher credit reward alerts or blueprint ?-alerts.  This seems to be the dreaded alt-tabbed-while-checking-twitter stage.  I am scared.

This is coming from someone who's pushing 800 hrs played, so take it with a grain of salt, as it could be due to burn-out, but I'm still suspecting that the new-found reliance on alerts maybe slightly dampening the fun (ran countless Xini pre-U7 solo and didn't get burnt out, so...).

Edited by Gestalt

Sébastien Le Prestre, Seigneur de Vauban and later Marquis de Vauban (15 May 1633 – 30 March 1707), commonly referred to as Vauban, was a Marshal of France and the foremost military engineer of his age, famed for his skill in both designing fortifications and breaking through them. He also advised Louis XIV on how to consolidate France's borders, to make them more defensible. Vauban made a radical suggestion of giving up some land that was indefensible to allow for a stronger, less porous border with France's neighbours.

Is this where you got the Warframe's name from?

Yes... hopefully I'm allowed to admit that :D!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I apologize if this tacked on more development time.