The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions For Chroma Users

YBD215

I recently started playing Warframe again (haven’t really played since the release of Mirage) I saw Chroma, and figured why not. I only have the frame to level 20 but it seems like the thing is only good if you use a toxin or a Frost build. Has anyone had fun with an Electric or a Fire build?

Also, it seem like the range on its abilities is just plain HORRIBLE. SS starts at only 4?

I would also like to hear some feedback about Effigy. It seems like just another ability more so than an “Ultimate”

Again, this isn’t a rant on Chroma being bad, as I am only at level 20. Just trying to get some info on some of the builds… And the usefulness of Effigy

There are only 2 builds that you should use:
Fire+effigy power strength and effiency build, for those defenses and lootin builds, you also become part healer using elemental ward with this build, I'm able to heal 456 health per elemental ward, and I have a duration of just 5 seconds before casting again

Ice+Elemental ward and vex armor duration and power strength build, for long run survival

Theres also toxin+effigy+rush build if you wanna speed through missions

I really like chroma, hes one of the best developed warframes, but his abilities could use a slight buff, such examples for these 4 abilities are:
Spectral scream: Requires more range and damage

Elemental ward: Needs more indicator and slight buff to power, also increase range of team buff

Vex armor: Could use a bigger effect

Effigy: needs more range

Thats pretty much it

Edited by 9tailboy

If you build solely towards Effigy efficiency and power, it's very easy to just set up the turret and use its Stun to allow you to kill enemies.

As for elemental builds, some people like Electric for the damage it deals with Elemental Ward (If I'm not mistaken). Ice gives Chroma some tankiness, Toxic Ward buffs stamina to insane amounts... which isn't useful in my opinion. Fire... no opinion. Electric, I've seen others have fun with it.

TL;DR: I didn't say anything worth S#&$ as I Rank 30'd Chroma and haven't played him since.

Toxic Ward buffs stamina to insane amounts... which isn't useful in my opinion.

I´m sorry, i couldnt hear you over my infinite blocking while on melee, could you say it again?

Also, all elemental wards deal damage and have a chance to proc stats asides from the stats buff they give. In toxic case, i am not sure but i think the proc rate is higher and toxin proc = DoT on enemies along with you nailing them down with a melee.

So a duration + some power strenght build here along with a good melee (which is any melee when vex reaches it´s peak) and you will rip your enemies to shreds and take little dmagae (and thats when you get tired of blocking....which may take a while with that stamina)

No element is useless, its all a matter of gameplay and what stat fits that gameplay the best.

I build for efficiency and duration most of the time, but theres a negative duration and power strength ive been playing with too, and i only ever use fire damage since it can heal you completely with enough power strength, and if i remember correctly running past damaged allies with fire heals them too, i think Ash Saryn and Zephyr are the only ones that may pose any trouble with healing this way as they have huge health pools most of the time, but then again any healing welcome. as for effigy i do use it quite often, but not to deal damage more for the fact that it draws aggro pretty well and can CC with its wing flaps and roar. Both my aforementioned builds benefit effigy in someway so i cant really complain for either. Chroma is kinda like Mesa in that his true late game potential lies in his 2 and 3 ability not his ult. 

But yea, i love fire since it can heal him pretty well, and is one of the few frames that can naturally heal himself and allies (the others being Oberon, trinity and nekros) so that shouldnt be disregarded in my opinion 

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Chroma/t_30_200422323_1-2-10-6-5-5-12-0-10-34-8-5-49-3-10-411-4-10-479-7-10-481-6-10-528-1-3_12-8-528-9-1-14-49-8-411-8-6-6-481-7-479-7-34-14_0/en/1-0-34/

my electric build. it drops the tanky mods to provide a different kinda tanky. its the the best defense is a good offense build this will keep everything that even thinks of touching you stun locked until they die. oh and you still have vexing and extra shields so its still pretty tanky build it with a guardian mod on your sentinel and you will go far so so far. it loses a lot of efficiency tho so if you wanna use your effigy your gunna need a trin. but yah this build obliterates enemies while keeping you alive for days. 

I recently started playing Warframe again (haven’t really played since the release of Mirage) I saw Chroma, and figured why not. I only have the frame to level 20 but it seems like the thing is only good if you use a toxin or a Frost build. Has anyone had fun with an Electric or a Fire build?

Also, it seem like the range on its abilities is just plain HORRIBLE. SS starts at only 4?

I would also like to hear some feedback about Effigy. It seems like just another ability more so than an “Ultimate”

Again, this isn’t a rant on Chroma being bad, as I am only at level 20. Just trying to get some info on some of the builds… And the usefulness of Effigy

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/431756-sci-ants-comprehensive-chroma-armor-build-guide-in-depth-with-calculations-and-results/?hl=chroma

Have fun XD

For Melee builds: Toxic Stamina boost is great for players that are good at Parry and use Reflection for damage back.

ICE while also known as the tank build is also great for melee in a gun fight. Elemental Ward reflects the damage back while Vex Armor boosts Armor and Damage...like a Valkyr but Shatter Shield/Link bullet/projectile reflection

If you like Effigy: I concur with going Fire and efficiency, so you can quick heal spam and have Turret.

My personal take on Electric is to use it on Boss fights ...easier to have Single Target damage hit intended target.....this is the only elemental build I have not really tested out.

If playing with a Nova - Ice or Electric may be better as passive damage can assist with triggering M-Prime.

Chroma has resorted to being my Male Tanky melee frame

As others have mentioned, i also run a short duration, high power, fire build. The heal is very worth it to me(good way to make friends too lol). Effigy is good for its aggro and cc, of any color. Otherwise, i use a long duration ice build for armor. I saw little use of the lightning build(im open to the idea, but my experimentation has shown it to be the least effective element). Im still tinkering with the tox build.

Someone should do the math (because im terrible at math) but Fire elemental ward is more tanky than the ice one, at least for me.

With steel fiber you are at around +700 armor, use bling rage with streamline and you have nearly enough armor to tank any situation, with Fire element i go from 740 hp to 1100, 1100 while having +2200 or more armor, in theory that would be more effective HP than with Ice.

You can use rage, primed flow and quick thinking as a emergency health pool, currently im using this mods and it works well:

Rage, Quick thinking, Steel fiber, Streamline, Blind rage, Primed streamline, Narrow minded, Vitality and Steel charge in the aura slot.

I <3 Lightning. Especially once shields are down. True enough, your damage at that point isn't amazing since it bases the damage off what you're taking, but under really heavy fire you have a stream lightning bolts coming off you, and they seem to proc at about the same chance (but with faster checks) than Spectral Scream. With the arcing, this makes it wonderful when in hip-deep in enemies. You won't always stun everyone, but you will stun large swaths of enemies.

Really, your 1 is your only stinker. Despite being a cone it only hits targets one after the other. Its damage is crap when accounting for your mobility loss, and the status chance is... okay, pretty decent, but I can't really think of any time I've gone "Hey, I should use this now!" since reintroduced being able to block ground slams from heavies.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

Someone should do the math (because im terrible at math) but Fire elemental ward is more tanky than the ice one, at least for me.

With steel fiber you are at around +700 armor, use bling rage with streamline and you have nearly enough armor to tank any situation, with Fire element i go from 740 hp to 1100, 1100 while having +2200 or more armor, in theory that would be more effective HP than with Ice.

You can use rage, primed flow and quick thinking as a emergency health pool, currently im using this mods and it works well:

Rage, Quick thinking, Steel fiber, Streamline, Blind rage, Primed streamline, Narrow minded, Vitality and Steel charge in the aura slot.

Fire is more effective health if you do not include Ice's mechanic with enemy projectiles.

Rockets/Napalms/Hellion Missiles : do not deal the same damage to Ice Chromanas they do to Fire Chroma. (They don't explode on Chroma with Ice and get redirected back towards attacker)

If looking at Bleed proc and non-explosive projectiles: Fire has more effective health.

I assume most of the time people are referencing T3/T4 or Grineer endless, where Ice has the projectile advantage over fire.

Plus the slow mechanic on Ice also assists to decrease incoming ranged fire, being a passive Damage Reduction.

Fire is a more versatile element in regards to Chroma:

Has synergy with Ember

Can be used with high efficiency and low duration to do quick-heal and long effigy.

Or can be used to be tanky with long duration and power-strength for Elemental Ward+Vex Armor

Ice can really only be effective with Elemental Ward+Vex Armor duration combo.

None of the other elements besides fire really get boosted like Fire +Ember synergy.

But Chroma does offer a good freedom of elemental choice and versatility. You could have 3 Chroma's being very effective and each using a different element or duration-type build.