Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Needs A Buff

Chaosdreamer

Hi , Since the Supra has been released this weapon have major issue it has :

-Hight cost to craft

-Hight mastery rank (for what the use that weapon have)

-Does not do what expected from a weapon that require that much (item to craft& MR since many weapon which are more easy to acquire do better)

-Slow travelling Speed

-Slow reload (unless using trick to reload faster...)

-Heavy recoil (One of the rare weapon to have that heavy recoil withouth the mod)

-The Time your plasma travel / hit ennemy squad members have alot of time to clear the mission , or maybe few more mission while you're loading (Of course after you have missed all your bullet you have to reload)

-Not accurate from far (when any others weapon is accurate) What we could do "Buff" the Supra : (Note I don't understand why Dera got so much buff ,but Supra got ignored) : - Buff Speed for reloading , I know it's has alot of bullet/plasma but time to reload the map will be empty -Buff the travelling speed , as said above , time your bullet travel it take age , problem? Ennemy can move and all the plasma miss also someone who have Boltor Prime , Soma Prime or any others regular weapon will hit faster ,so wasting bullet -Fix the recoil , from all the weapon this game have ,this is the only to have inbuild recoil (not counting pistol) I would just love to see the "fun" to have Heavy caliber maxed on this... Is this is'nt getting a Buff , you could lower Mastery rank required and the item to make it....

Edited by Chaosdreamer

Yes.The travel time is really really slow. It's a laser! It should go at the speed of light! Not the speed of my grandmother's scooter. At the least give all laser weapons the same travel time alt the bolt or even bow weapons. 

The reload needs to be cut down by 1 sec and magazine size buffed to 110-120. The Pink Floyd gun is pretty cool but it just has so many drawbacks, too many drawbacks.

#Hight cost to craft

#Hight mastery rank

#Does not do what expected from a weapon that require that much (item to craft& MR since many weapon which are more easy to acquire do better)

#Slow travelling

#Slow reload

#Heavy recoil (One of the rare weapon to have that heavy recoil withouth the mod)

#Time your plasma travel / hit ennemy someone have time to kill 150 time atleast

#Not accurate from far (when any others weapon is accurate)..

What's up with the hashtags? 

Let Supra keep its quarks. Keep the spool up, low projectile speed, high recoil, and terrible aim.

But... give it a cool down mechanic (so you may never have to reload), and a massive damage buff. The quarks of Supra are what could balance it having a ridiculous DPS.

What's up with the hashtags? 

Well it could be - or @ , and i wanted to create the post as #BuffTheSupra but did'nt do it

As Vandal Quanta is incoming, DE is likely to just release a Vandal Supra in the future instead of doing a simple buff to the original Supra. 

I hope so , but how many time is it? Will it get atleast improved or just skinned version of Supra?

Let Supra keep its quarks. Keep the spool up, low projectile speed, high recoil, and terrible aim.

But... give it a cool down mechanic (so you may never have to reload), and a massive damage buff. The quarks of Supra are what could balance it having a ridiculous DPS.

Actually the problem with Supra that this weapon is slow to reload , and the damage why not but travelling speed kill everything , because you will either miss because the ennemy move and don't wait for your plasma , and most of time someone with weapon that cost way less to build will hit anything before you do (Well any weapon will do that) Even if I hate to say this but Bow and Sniper or faster than Supra ...

One thing  i would love to see is making it use overheat mechanic instead of actual ammo. I think that gets suggested about every time a 'buff supra' thread comes up.

What do you mean Overheat system? What I'm thinking is Unlimited ammo until heat and have to wait before firing again? If this is it what it will really change?

KEEP THE SUPRA HOW IT IS BECAUSE

*wait for it*

Maybe it is how it is for a reason. Not EVERY weapon is supposed to be absolutely OP.

Besides, this is also one of the very few weapons that has a Syndicate mod.

Did you even read?

Is not near to being OP , it's the weapon that require alot of item to be build , it's expensive , it's require hight mastery rank and can't do better 

than cheap weapon,if the cost and requirement to use it was low why not but this weapon never got a single buffed neither reviewed and for syndic mod theire is hight chance that more come with time for weapons

Not that I don't agree with the OP completely, but this is one of many weapons which has been discussed to death with not a word from DE, don't get your hopes up.

Apparently not enough people care? I honestly don't know, but if ongoing threads like this can't get any sort of response I just can't help but figure that DE simply doesn't care about rebalancing/fixing old items -- https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/355299-buff-supra/

KEEP THE SUPRA HOW IT IS BECAUSE

*wait for it*

Maybe it is how it is for a reason. Not EVERY weapon is supposed to be absolutely OP.

Besides, this is also one of the very few weapons that has a Syndicate mod.

Buffing it wouldn't make it OP.

Hell, making it hitscan, high accuracy still wouldn't make it OP, that would make it decent. Supra would need a huge boost to even enter the "good" range. Supra was bad when it came out a long time ago, it hasn't been buffed in all this time of power creep.

Just got this weapon for the syndicate mod. It's the most horrid piece of crap I've ever equipped.

I probably know why. The status chance is +20% fixed and is not affected by any mod so it's not very useful. Plus, Supra is a puncture damage weapon for armor enemy while the "+1 Entropy" is magnetic damage. No one would use magnetic against armor enemy.

Back to the topic, I would suggest the following additional changes for Supra:

1.Make it fires 3 bullets per shot! Supra does has three barrels, right?

2.Self-regenerate ammo like Archwing guns.

Edited by yles9056

Buffing it wouldn't make it OP.

Hell, making it hitscan, high accuracy still wouldn't make it OP, that would make it decent. Supra would need a huge boost to even enter the "good" range. Supra was bad when it came out a long time ago, it hasn't been buffed in all this time of power creep.

When it came out it actually did quite a bit more damage than anything else, but it had the big drawbacks that it still does... the only thing that has changed is the massive power creep of easier to use weapons which have relegated Supra to a pointless device.

Yes it would be wonderful if they actually changed the status augment, but it's been on the list of broken augments for a long time now with nothing.  Once again DE ignoring what they know about for reasons... well who knows so I'm just going to say reasons.  The big thread that contains it is one managed by a moderator and DE has linked to... so it's not like they don't know about it.

I probably know why. The status chance is +20% fixed and is not affected by any mod so it's not very useful. Plus, Supra is a puncture damage weapon for armor enemy while the "+1 Entropy" is magnetic damage. No one would use magnetic against armor enemy.

Back to the topic, I would suggest the following additional changes for Supra:

1.Make it fires 3 bullets per shot! Supra does has three barrels, right?

2.Self-regenerate ammo like Archwing guns.

Who cares about the proc? It's more like nice-to-have.

--------------------------

I like the supra and I could be quite forgiving if that damn reload time wasn't so high and the damage more rewarding.

When it came out it actually did quite a bit more damage than anything else, but it had the big drawbacks that it still does... the only thing that has changed is the massive power creep of easier to use weapons which have relegated Supra to a pointless device.

IF (and only if) you were facetanking. In every other situation your accuracy dropped to less than 1/4th of any other given weapon but not doing 4x times as much damage per projectile.

Even back in the days of Damage 1.0 it did bad damage, it was slightly below Dera which dealt an inferior damage type "Laser". The Dera which cost about 30% of what Supra cost, back when you had to build every Fieldron one at a time.

I remember getting it when it got out and it was a disappointment.

I was a bit depressed to hear Greg or whatever his name is say the Supra was fine on the devstream today. He basically said that it works well with Mirage. As if a weapon working "well" with one frame justifies it.

This is the general approach to "old" stuff... it languishes and they don't give a damn about it.  Ignoring the MR requirement and the large amount of materials for what essentially is MR fodder for most people.  Perhaps they just have zero pride in the weapons they slot in and they view them as the MR fodder a lot of people use them as.