Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Needs A Buff

Chaosdreamer

Entropy Burst was nice. but it still hurts knowing THAT A MASTERY RANK 2 BOLTOR PRIME WILL STILL OUT DPS IT. A NEW PLAYER COULD LITERALLY GET THIS GUN INA WEEK. Where as for the Supra you have to first get to Mastery Rank 7, get the ungodly high amount of materials, THEN forma it to oblivion. and what does that get us? a weapon that can be out DPS'd by mastery rank 5 and below weps.

Depending on how kind the RNG is, the statement of a player being able to "literally get this gun in a week" may not be accurate.

Aside from that, however, you put forth some good ideas to us. As a heavy machine gun-type weapon, it should feel like a heavy machine gun: Loud, ugly, and absloutely fully capable of MELTING YOUR FACE OFF!

Thank you.

Whilst I don't consider mastery requirement a major factor in a weapon's effectiveness, building costs (including subsequent forma to get it functioning effectively) are a different matter.

By comparison, the Soma (regular, not the Prime), with the same modding as the Supra, will do more damage, hit its targets instantly, have 10 more rounds in a magazine, and reload faster. Oh, and it costs far less to build, and you don't need energy lab access to build one.

I think you could double the Supra's current damage output and it'd still be less game-breaking than the pre-U16 Synoid Gammacor, because of the projectile spread and travel time. It needs something to offset these drawbacks, not an additional set of drawbacks that make building the weapon virtually pointless.

I'm a long-time fan of the Supra, and have started more than one of these sorts of threads myself.

Edited by Dualice

for s**ts and giggles i tried forma'ing the Supra. I got burned out on the first forma... and i have forma'd dozens of weapons 4-6 times.

Reasoning: it is just SO FREAKING TERRIBLE. sure it has an augment, but it is bugged. When the status is added as a base, using anything to modify the status, it continues to try and modify that 2.5% chance. Rather then the new 22.5% base. and the projectile speed is just PAINFUL!!!

for s**ts and giggles i tried forma'ing the Supra. I got burned out on the first forma... and i have forma'd dozens of weapons 4-6 times.

Reasoning: it is just SO FREAKING TERRIBLE. sure it has an augment, but it is bugged. When the status is added as a base, using anything to modify the status, it continues to try and modify that 2.5% chance. Rather then the new 22.5% base. and the projectile speed is just PAINFUL!!!

It's not a bug <_< For some God-forsaken reason it's meant to be like that.

How to buff Supra 101

1. Remove ammo and reload mechanics from it. They are by far it's weakest aspects.

2. Balance infinite laser death with a cooldown/recharge mechanic. While there is never enough dakka, there can also be too much.

3. Playtest the hell out of it. Don't just buff it and call it a day, release an "ammo conversion kit" attachment or something, that allows players to test it with and without the new mechanic, and give feedback.

4. Tweak. Get things just right. Not everyone will be happy (buff the soma prime idiots etc) but get it where it should be.

5. Nerf trinity to compensate for the long awaited buff.

How to buff Supra 101

1. Remove ammo and reload mechanics from it. They are by far it's weakest aspects.

2. Balance infinite laser death with a cooldown/recharge mechanic. While there is never enough dakka, there can also be too much.

3. Playtest the hell out of it. Don't just buff it and call it a day, release an "ammo conversion kit" attachment or something, that allows players to test it with and without the new mechanic, and give feedback.

4. Tweak. Get things just right. Not everyone will be happy (buff the soma prime idiots etc) but get it where it should be.

5. Nerf trinity to compensate for the long awaited buff.

this is good right here

haha yea it need a buff in : 

-faster bullet travel time!

-less reload speed!

-less recoil!

and ofc DMG :P

for those who weren't here before dmg 2.0 it was strongest weapon -now its just a MR fodder!

Edited by doping91

Seriously, what the hell is it going to take for this to get buffed? A maxed primed fast hands STILL makes the reload below average. 

I can bet plat we will see more weapons get nerfed before this even gets considered being buffed.

Seriously, what the hell is it going to take for this to get buffed? 

I would guess that if Supra was buffed, it would be via a syndicate weapon or a event vandal. Scott is "happy" with the current Supra and unless people make a rather long mega thread concerning it, I sincerely doubt it will be changed. It was a somewhat recent developer stream that he made that comment too.

Sometimes you have to go away on long trips to a semi-long exile.  But even there, you will hear voices crying in the wilderness, "Buff the Supra!" I'm in exile right now 12,000+ miles from my warframe machine and the best thing to come back to would be a Supra buff! Or several million dollars.

I have forma'd my Supra 5 times and all I can say: it is a terrible weapon. Probably, one of the most imbalanced and useless in the game. Using it Mirage and Chroma is some-what decent, but again: formaing one of the most expensive weapons in game 5 times, so you could place all MAXED mods in it and also using it on damage-centered Warframes to get an average performance is NOT acceptable.

I swear, if I did it to Braton, I'd be more effective. Supra totally need a massive buff: 400-500 or more rounds magazine and slight accuracy and damage buffs.

Edited by Vance.Stubbs