Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speculated History Of Warframe

LightstealKnight

I made a short video with some big leaps in understanding how our current world could eventually become the one depicted in Warframe.

Everything in the video remained self consistent with no Alien life forms from other solar systems.  We were ultimately the cause for everything we see in Warframe.

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Edited by Enemy1

that was actually really good.  could have had a little better mic, but no one is holding that against you. that was a good informational video

Thanks Celsius, I do have a headset mic and an open source audio editing program.  It was the best I could do under the circumstances...

This was friggin brilliant, but just a few things bothered me, they can be nitpicks to someone: Why wasn't Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector a part of this? He's supposedly a part of the Warframe-lore. Also, i was watching the pictures (yes, i have a keen eye for pictures :D), i may have recognized a photo from the Citadel in Mass Effect. And also during the Grineer "speech", i think that was the UN, and that made me giggle. Try to make something similiar to this more!

I like it!  It puts a twist on the self-loathing I had as a Tenno with the possible intended destruction of the Orokin (tho still not clearly defined why or if we truly did it), and let's us see our actions as saviours.

The only thing missing is with regard to the Sentients and how they'll play out...that's yet to be seen but I'm sure it will change a lot of how this history could be developed.

Cool vid!  Nice speculations.  

It's interesting and well put together, but has some fairly large errors if your attempting to be true to the lore presented to us so far.

Are there errors in it though?  As far as I gathered there isn't that much talked about regarding what happened in that time period.

Edited by Frivolimous

Wow this is really cool, it does a really good job at presenting each faction as having their own motives which can be seen as just from their standpoint.  It does a good job of making the factions more than just bullet sponges for tenno guns and makes each faction easier to empathize with.  You did a good job of concatenating our world with the world of warframe and a really believable way, nice job!

Cool vid!  Nice speculations.  

Are there errors in it though?  As far as I gathered there isn't that much talked about regarding what happened in that time period.

There are definitely  errors. But good effort all the same.

Interesting theory, but it doesn't match the existing lore. In the stalker's codex, he says that the Tenno "loosed rookie blood" implying that they were organic. Also, the Tenno were created by the Orokin to fight the sentients, after the infestation had failed to wipe the sentients out. Also, the "Save mankind" part, I don't but because in J3 Golem's old lore, it said that the Tenno used a virus to sterilize the Grineer, who then had to revert to cloning to exist. Furthermore, you say that the Tenno lured the Orokin into the void, but it is known that the Orokin forums the void, sent people into them, who were altered by the void and became Tenno. Finally, the Grineer as a democracy is just wrong: they have queens.

I do applaud you though, it was a cool video. If you cauldron make one exploring the established lore, that would be really cool!

Interesting theory, but it doesn't match the existing lore. In the stalker's codex, he says that the Tenno "loosed rookie blood" implying that they were organic. Also, the Tenno were created by the Orokin to fight the sentients, after the infestation had failed to wipe the sentients out. Also, the "Save mankind" part, I don't but because in J3 Golem's old lore, it said that the Tenno used a virus to sterilize the Grineer, who then had to revert to cloning to exist. Furthermore, you say that the Tenno lured the Orokin into the void, but it is known that the Orokin forums the void, sent people into them, who were altered by the void and became Tenno. Finally, the Grineer as a democracy is just wrong: they have queens.

I do applaud you though, it was a cool video. If you cauldron make one exploring the established lore, that would be really cool!

This video compresses a few thousand years of history into 5 minutes.  The Grineer that we see in game are a former shell of their original ideology.  Their cloning process and the twin queens are the result of time.

The Tenno armor (Warframes) are Orokin in design.  You have to assume that this is part of the future plan of the Orokin mind. 

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend.

Excalibur was the first.

–Orokin 'Warframe' Archives (Excalibur Codex Entry)

This seems to be a plan for the future.  They call the warframes rejects that were able to return from the void. The warframes are described as conduits for their afflictions.  Yet the Orokin still call them saviors.

They were able to return from the void because they were immune to the mind control effects of the orokin mind.  But they were built as a last act of a dying Orokin civilization.  For what purpose?  The first step in the Orokin plan has come to fold.  The sentients have re-opened the void and released the Warframed Tenno.

Edited by Enemy1

This video compresses a few thousand years of history into 5 minutes.  The Grineer that we see in game are a former shell of their original ideology.  Their cloning process and the twin queens are the result of time.

The Tenno armor (Warframes) are Orokin in design.  You have to assume that this is part of the future plan of the Tenno. 

This seems to be a plan for the future.  They call the warframes rejects that were able to return from the void. The warframes are described as conduits for their afflictions.  Yet the Orokin still call them saviors.

They were able to return from the void because they were immune to the mind control effects of the orokin mind.  But they were built as a last act of a dying Orokin civilization.  For what purpose?  The first step in the Orokin plan has come to fold.  The sentients have re-opened the void and released the Warframed Tenno.

They call the Tenno 'rejects', not the Warframes.