The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Address How Lore Breaking The Nyx Nemesis Skin Is?

I wouldn't take lore too serious in this case. People have been asking for Nemesis Nyx for over a year now (since DE gave us Proto Excal), so they decided to put her in the game and made up a quick backstory instead of just saying "here, have limited time offer". And I'm totally ok with that. It even makes a bit more sense than the backstories to some of the previous events and tactical alerts.

There's no discussions, there's no giant illuminate lore tie in, there's no need to overthink it.

It's a skin plain and simple, if you can't enjoy it for that fact then you take the game ENTIRELY too seriously.

The Excal proto skin is the same.  It's just a nod to Dark Sector and isn't cannon for this universe.

DE's statement in the wake of it that says "yes, Warframe and Dark Sector are inextricably linked" says otherwise.

As for this... Well, there were more than one Suit in Dark Sector. Perhaps variants were made after this, modeled after the Nemesis variant that was used in that game. The CIA had a whole enclave devoted to future technologies, after all, and whoever those suits got there in the first place it could very well be they would later attempt to replicate them - or simply produce more.

Cut to thousands of years, and much digging on the part of the Grineer and Corpus - later, and you have these suits being uncovered. I doubt there's as many as are walking around lore-wise - same with the Proto-Excalibur (same logic behind multiple people in WoW wielding the Corrupted Ashbringer - but enough to warrant "crates", in the plural.

technically, Dark sector is canon in warframe universe as DE stated in a devstream that Hayden the protagonist was the 1st tenno

But this is just an anniversary skin, don't think too deep about lore implications, it's just a nod to the previous game

if you REALLY insist, the suits in dark sector were prototypes, doesn't mean it couldn't be mass produced after the 1st game timeline

I mean, Darvo woke up with CRATES of them. Someone is mass producing skins for Nyx. Shouldn't this be addressed? Everyone just sorta glossed over it..

Everyone should be worried that in certain periods of Earth's circle bunny's ears, reindeer horns and pumpkin heads appears con Grineer and Corpus soldiers. What is the mean of this? A new type of Infestation? 

Edited by TheGoodDarius

The Excal proto skin is the same.  It's just a nod to Dark Sector and isn't cannon for this universe.

^This.

I mean lore or no lore, this is DE's game...  There's no reason to be so strict about it.

The Lex also looks like the pistol from Dark Sector...  Multi-shot mods aren't realistic...  Space Ninja Wizards with super powers...  What's the big deal?

k?

Edited by sushidubya

I don't see the Nemesis Skin as a break of lore honestly, I see it as a building on an existing framework and embracing what makes it unique. As More0 has stated, DarkSector is Warframe's past both spirtually and in-universe now. I like that, stuff like the Proto Armors give a greater sense of history that the game otherwise lacked. What were the Orokin? At least we know now that they are something that came after DarkSector's modernish setting and before our grim space future, with a Great Plague or two thrown in there to spice things up a bit. I am hoping we see more of these logical progressions of original ideas from DarkSector and Warframe.

Well there are also those candy bar skin so...

Hey, Tenno like their candy...

But I equate those as I do with all the other Holiday/RL-event skins (i.e. mustaches): they're the non-canon fun elements. This, on the other hand - and yes, I WILL defend this until DE says otherwise.

DE's statement in the wake of it that says "yes, Warframe and Dark Sector are inextricably linked" says otherwise.

As for this... Well, there were more than one Suit in Dark Sector. Perhaps variants were made after this, modeled after the Nemesis variant that was used in that game. The CIA had a whole enclave devoted to future technologies, after all, and whoever those suits got there in the first place it could very well be they would later attempt to replicate them - or simply produce more.

Cut to thousands of years, and much digging on the part of the Grineer and Corpus - later, and you have these suits being uncovered. I doubt there's as many as are walking around lore-wise - same with the Proto-Excalibur (same logic behind multiple people in WoW wielding the Corrupted Ashbringer - but enough to warrant "crates", in the plural.

Copy pasted from the link you provided; 

"The Proto Armor has indicated that yes, Dark Sector and Warframe are inextricably linked"

DEMegan says that it "indicates" that it is, not that it is.

I wish we could still quote locked posts.  >.<

Copy pasted from the link you provided; 

"The Proto Armor has indicated that yes, Dark Sector and Warframe are inextricably linked"

DEMegan says that it "indicates" that it is, not that it is.

I wish we could still quote locked posts.  >.<

In the context being used it's saying "the Proto-Armor hinted at it, and now we're clarifying for fact: yes, Dark Sector and Warframe are connected". If they wanted to leave the mystery there, it would more likely state:

"It’s without surprise that the Proto Armor has raised questions about the Lore of Warframe. For many players, Dark Sector was the beginning. Has the Proto Armor indicated that Dark Sector and Warframe are inextricably linked? Stay tuned for more!"

But they didn't. They were clearing up all the mystery right there.

They. Are. Linked. Dark Sector and Warframe ARE in the same universe. It's time to stop trying to deny it.

Edited by Morec0

I feel like I'm ploughing a lonely furrow, but as I understood the OP, s/he doesn't have a problem with the Nemesis Nyx skin being in the game, but rather with the way it was introduced (viz. Darvo's message that he had a few space beers too much with a vendor and is now sitting on several crates of it).

In the context being used it's saying "the Proto-Armor hinted at it, and now we're clarifying for fact: yes, Dark Sector and Warframe are connected". If they wanted to leave the mystery there, it would more likely state:

"It’s without surprise that the Proto Armor has raised questions about the Lore of Warframe. For many players, Dark Sector was the beginning. Has the Proto Armor indicated that Dark Sector and Warframe are inextricably linked? Stay tuned for more!"

But they didn't. They were clearing up all the mystery right there.

They. Are. Linked. Dark Sector and Warframe ARE in the same universe. It's time to stop trying to deny it.

I wish I had more time to disagree with you but, using my phone to post and this is a nightmare.

In sbort, nope. I agree Dark Sector and Warframe are loosely linked, it's stated as much in another outside article based off an interview with DE.

If indicates wasn't included, then ai would agree with that as well, however, it's I there and it changes the sentences compeltely, i.e., dark clodues indicate its going to rain but that doesnt mean that it is raining. Take into account DE's love of being mysterious as well. That one words keeps them with a foot on either side of the commitment line.