The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Address How Lore Breaking The Nyx Nemesis Skin Is?

Its... JUST A GAME

why do neckbeards care so much about lore?

Don't be disrespectful over something as petty as someone else's way of enjoying the game. It's far more lame then any lore discussion will ever be. We all take it in and love it in different ways and for different reasons and that is okay.

False, De has confirmed during a livestream that Dark Sector is canon to warframe's universe, but happened a millenia ago so it barely even matters anymore, other then the fact that "Hayden was the First Tenno" - Steve

This is correct, based on my understanding. Would you happen to remember which livestream this was said on? I actually was hoping to find it again but it's proving a bit rough. Wasn't too long ago that Morec0 and AM-Bunny proved to me that it's pretty important to be able to go back and find it again.

"Dark Sector and Warframe are inextricably linked."

Inextricably- adverb that means in a manner that is impossible to unravel or separate from something else

DE so clever in what words they use, when you think they give you an answer, turns out it raises more questions.

Question: Is Dark Sector a prequel or a spiritual predecessor?

DE's Answer: Yes.

Moral: Try not to read too much into things people.

Don't be disrespectful over something as petty as someone else's way of enjoying the game. It's far more lame then any lore discussion will ever be. We all take it in and love it in different ways and for different reasons and that is okay.

This is correct, based on my understanding. Would you happen to remember which livestream this was said on? I actually was hoping to find it again but it's proving a bit rough. Wasn't too long ago that Morec0 and AM-Bunny proved to me that it's pretty important to be able to go back and find it again.

56:20

Enjoy!

Uhm, no.

You can have dark clouds with out rain.  Dark clouds are generally a precursor to rain but there isn't a 100% guarantee that dark clouds = rain, everytime.

But it's the SECOND PART OF THE STATEMENT, the "yes, this is this" bit that matters! THAT'S the takeaway, the rest is just so much filler.

Hence the other, BETTER example I posted.

"Dark Sector and Warframe are inextricably linked."

Inextricably- adverb that means in a manner that is impossible to unravel or separate from something else

DE so clever in what words they use, when you think they give you an answer, turns out it raises more questions.

Question: Is Dark Sector a prequel or a spiritual predecessor?

DE's Answer: Yes.

Moral: Try not to read too much into things people.

I still say with the presence of these items and the "before the Orokin Era" description that the lore is pretty much set there. But that's just me.

Limbo didn't really blow up with his rift experiment, he actually gained time travel powers, ended up around dark sector's timeline.

Then he came back to wf timeline,- had a romantic, candle lit liaison with -  Darvo and left him a bunch of ancient things as souvenir.

There, lore explained, happy now?

Edited by Blatantfool
Careful with the raunchy humor man. Cutting a little close to the rules that time.

But it's the SECOND PART OF THE STATEMENT, the "yes, this is this" bit that matters! THAT'S the takeaway, the rest is just so much filler.

I still say with the presence of these items and the "before the Orokin Era" description that the lore is pretty much set there. But that's just me.

Did you catch the link Sorez posted

Because you're probably making a safe, realistic assumption. 

Yeah, it's possible that Hayden was indeed the very start. A start centuries, possibly eons ago. 

BUT it was also so long ago that it wouldn't have much impact on the now. Instead I can't help but figure that the Tenno and The Lotus find the remnants of this long lost, unknown predecessor interesting and possibly humorous. Like seeing a primitive version of a modern, deadly weapon.

Did you catch the link Sorez posted

Because you're probably making a safe, realistic assumption. 

Yeah, it's possible that Hayden was indeed the very start. A start centuries, possibly eons ago. 

BUT it was also so long ago that it wouldn't have much impact on the now. Instead I can't help but figure that the Tenno and The Lotus find the remnants of this long lost, unknown predecessor interesting and possibly humorous. Like seeing a primitive version of a modern, deadly weapon.

Oh yeah, never attempted to argue against that.

My personal thought is that whatever Hayden Tenno did after the end of Dark Sector was enough to leave behind a legacy, and it's that legacy and mythos around Hayden that the Orokin tapped into to create their saviors from the Sentients, and Tenno were created through a combination of the old - the Technocyte that powered the original Tenno - and the new - the Void that now filled "the ones from the Zariman".

It's clear the Tenno, Lotus, all these guys have NO idea where these direct relics are coming from, so Hayden and whatever other organizations created these have been gone for SOME TIME, but their existence - and DE's comments on their existence - proves the link between the two games, and thus helps suggest the VERY base start of the Tenno we have today in the modern Warframe Era.

That's all I'm sayin'.

My personal thought is that whatever Hayden Tenno did after the end of Dark Sector was enough to leave behind a legacy, and it's that legacy and mythos around Hayden that the Orokin tapped into to create their saviors from the Sentients, and Tenno were created through a combination of the old - the Technocyte that powered the original Tenno - and the new - the Void that now filled "the ones from the Zariman".

It's clear the Tenno, Lotus, all these guys have NO idea where these direct relics are coming from, so Hayden and whatever other organizations created these have been gone for SOME TIME, but their existence - and DE's comments on their existence - proves the link between the two games, and thus helps suggest the VERY base start of the Tenno we have today in the modern Warframe Era.

That's all I'm sayin'.

My personal thought: Easter eggs.

That's all I'm sayin'.

I can't say I disagree. There does seem to be, at the very least, a shared timeline.

I mean, Darvo woke up with CRATES of them. Someone is mass producing skins for Nyx. Shouldn't this be addressed? Everyone just sorta glossed over it..

Basically skin is just the case of the armor, and corpus used to work for the orokin. I am not surprised Dravo can produce casing for a Warframe , because he was the heir of corpus.

[i think orokin keep the technology for producing the core parts of warframe from other species. Orokin let the Corpus to produce the outer parts (case, reactors, bullets....), so corpus is capable to produce skins for Warframe. ]

Edit:typo

Edited by themartinc123

Arrogant much?

It wasn't BETTER, its an alternate way of interpreting the word.

Normally I enjoy arguing with you but for some reason you're taking this personal.

I'm out.

Edited by Noamuth

You're a champ. Thank you very much. Wouldn't you know it, I was looking at streams that were too recent.

Welcome, sorry it took me so long to find it! It was 3am and I was slightly woozy.

Edited by Sorez