May 1St: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How do you feel about the recent boss reworks/updates?

I most of them... well actually all of them. They are better than before. However, there is still a lot of rooms for improvement. And I actually like Bursa event boss the best.

Are you happy with the prime mods that have been released so far?

Well, all of them are a little better than the none primed ones. But for the costs, as being legendary mods, some of them are a joke. For example, you have this R10 legendary Slip Magazine just to give you 55% mag capacity? A rare mod Ice Storm can already give you 40%. Though player can choose not to get it and it doesn't affect the game much... then wtf is the point of legendary mod being in the first place? What kind a dilemma are you in? To me, this is almost similar to the issue with Archwing.

In your opinion, which of the following changes would improve Archwing? (can choose more than one)

All are the reasons and can only help the Archwing content. But more so, I think the biggest issue has started with making warframe useless to the Archwing... to me, that's just effectively making Archwing content irrelevant to the entire game. You have built all of these frame with patient and grinds, and now it's just a piece of cosmetic. It feels so disconnected. Before the update removing the affecting of warframe on the wing, Archwing was so fun... Since that update I just don't feel the enjoyment there anymore-it's like something is missing.

Would you like another avatar pack similar to the Grineer set?

Yes. It's about time. It make the forum more "lively". Why take so long to figure this one out??

The good primed mods are the ones that impact stats that are aways relevant and useful (Primed Continuity and Primed Flow are very good because having more duration and more energy is aways handy) whereas the bad primed mods are the ones that are too circumstantial or downright useless (Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation is bad because the normal pistol ammo mutation mod is good enough for this task and most ammo hogging secondaries are bad to begin with, Primed Ravage is also a very bad mod because critical builds for shotguns are still all weak).

Bosses:

Invulnerability stages are the absolute worst! There's nothing more boring than waiting for that second when a boss allows to damage him. Another horrible game decision.

Edited by V0LK

Boss reworks: They look fantastic, though I'm a little apprehensive about Anyo's rework. Mainly because of the suit.

Prime mods: They're are fine so far. It's just going to be troublesome if DE start making prime mods for; effinecy, range, regen, and dmg.

Archwing:

-affinty by god these things are slow to level.

-all the loot!

-Just generaly more missions. We only have 3 types of missions, 2 factions, and 2 tile sets. Compared to the regular play (that has had a lot more time) it's kind of miserable.

-Conclave, only once archwing gets some what better.

-Please remove stamina, it would help ever so much. Especialy with the Elytron.

-Better targeting? eh. Using the scope on imperator I can hit a that tiny enemy flying to another node. As for the other weapons: DD too much recoil, Corvas the tiny amout it puts out and requiring a charge practicaly makes it useless, Velo needs variable zoom and again no charge, and I haven't getton Fluctus yet.

-Improve the minimap.

-Intergration? Being able to switch between the two on a mission and still be useful would be great.

Avatars:I+just+love+this+guy+_ee8ba06a46709da373

Avatars for all the; enemies, kubrows, and sentinals.

Edited by Postal_pat

I assume someone has already commented on this but. Stop with invincibility phases. Stop with weakpoints that are the ONLY damageable point. Stop with these weakpoints only being able to be hit sometimes. Just stop. Waiting is not a @(*()$ skill. It's not a hard thing to do. Points where you can't damage a boss and can't do anything about it has one solution: wait. It is not @(*()$ fun. And stop putting bosses behind stupid key walls, Mutalist Alad was the worst of them all.

Archwing:

- Needs more missions. A LOT more missions

Running the same handful of missions over and over and over again becomes dull pretty fast. Sure, a bit more variety regarding archwings and weapons would be nice, too - but those aren't going to help when you run the same two tilesets all the time.

- Please put us in space already

I honestly don't give a flaming f*ck if your testers found "un-locked" archwing flight disorienting. Guess what, I had the same problem with StarCitizen at first. But the current gimbal lock that makes it impossible to shoot something directly above or below you or fly in that direction is even more annoying. I really want to like archwing, but those constraints make me rage every other mission. We're in space, I want to do crazy manoeuvres. So please, allow us to turn off the training wheels.

Bosses:

The art team did really great work with the last reworks. The mechanics, however, are rather awful.

The biggest issue is the trend of giving bosses Invincibility Phases without making it clear that they are currently invincible, or when they are vulnerable to attack. 

[...]

The second issue with these Invincibility Phases is that there is no real way to knock them out of it forcefully, which makes it a matter of waiting until they decide to become vulnerable. All three of the bosses above are big examples of this.

Players absolutely need a way to knock bosses out of invulnerability, either by solving a puzzle (like how bosses in other games require you to run around the room and do stuff) or by attacking a certain body part (like how you shoot Jackal's legs to make it vulnerable.)

Also I don't really like putting bosses behind keys that are more (Vay Hek) or less (Mutalad V) easy to acquire. I can understand this from a fiscal point of view, as you'll sell new warframes more that way, when players give up and decide to dish out the plat. But it doesn't make any sense from a gameplay point of view. You spent that much time on creating new content, and then you lock us out of it by having it require a key that we can only get if we're lucky to log in while an invasion with a part of that key is on? What's the next step, putting the boss in alerts like Vauban, so we'll be lucky if we can fight him once a month?

Edited by Bibliothekar

The look up lock might need to be/ want to be removed by others thats fine, but Imo, we dont need Yaw and Pitch controls in Archwing.

Look up flight simulator games for those unfamilar with Yaw and Pitch controls.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

Regarding Bosses.

Actually Assassination missions aren't that pleasant, challenging or interesting; we can actually rush to the VIP and take it down with no effort.

There are no stages, no checkpoints, no serrated defenses, no alternative ways, no stealth infiltration.
It doesn't seem like there's an hard defensive setup to protect that VIP, infact you can reach the VIP location (HQ, Starship, colony, whatever...) without passing any defenses.... Nobody actually care protecting their own leader. No bodyguards, no reinforcements, no mandatory lockdowns, no special arenas.

Take an example from old games: In there to reach a boss you had to pass multiple stages and challenges.

What if some elements from Spy 2.0 and other missions type would be put inside for the challenges?
☻Reaching the boss by facing hard checkpoints with 2 options: fighting hard setup defenses or bypassing them through stealth or parkour secondary passages; and OFC eventually environmental blocks forcing you one way or the other.
☻Fighting minibosses to get A,B,C keys to open the boss area; 
☻Promoting stealth and focus by putting a deterrent: if you get caught in determined areas or fail to kill a miniboss or a challenge*, then the boss encounter will be made more difficult by the arrival of more bodyguards, defensive units, a more prepared boss with different or addictional abilities, equipment, phases or rotations.
*What about some sort of Capture mission twist? Like getting the messenger before it alerts the HQ.
☻Building the boss encounter basing on the result of these stages: if one is succeeded the boss will/won't use a precise skill, will have a determined behavior... (imagine a Sabotage for the Vay Hek Terraframe resulting in slower movements or similar..)
☻Imagine failing a test, leading to a bossfight in a no-oxygen area requiring you to periodically reaching an area with oxygen to setup for continuing the fight.

Essentially the Assassination Mission would result made of "little" stages/gates/challenges and the performance for everyone of them will be influencing the final stage itself, forcing people to not rush and to enjoy the run, to build the boss encounter themselves, taking their chances at weakening their objective and taking responsibilities for their errors, resulting in a challenging and different run every time.

I understand it would take a lot of effort, I'm not pretending to teach anything to anybody. These are just some ideas.

I'd rather doing a mission that feels "full" and taking its 15-20 minutes than farming repeatedly it by rushing the objective and getting away in 1 minute 7 times every 15 minutes.
Exactly what happens in Spy 2.0

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/451204-assassination-missions-rework/

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Boss reworks:

I like the new Nef Anyo theme, although we have yet to see how it would work in battle.

I don't like the design Of Kela De Thaym, it just feels wrong to me.

I like Tyl Regor's design for the most part, but I don't think it fits his scientist theme at all, unless at the start of the battle he removes his scientist hands for his battle hands. There's no practicality for science in his design.

I'm not sure how I feel about the J3 Golem rework, I liked his original concept but now I'll just have to wait and see.

Primed mods:

Primed mods feel like a replacement for weakened mods, rather than a boost, and a lot of them don't have a significant upgrade over there standard versions.

Archwing changes needed:

More gametypes.

Replacing the placeholder enemies and more new enemies.

Better mini map - to be fair the whole game is in need of this.

A few new Archwings.

More mods - especially new mods specifically for Archwing.

More tiles.

I wouldn't mind more avatar packs. I need a Moa avatar because reasons. :3

Primed Mods

I'm totaly fine with the primed mods and all of that, even though I didn't bought any of them yet. But there's one thing that I usually don't like about the primed mods and it's the fact of them being extremely expensive to fully upgrade, at least that's what I've been seen in some of Mogamu's videos and from what I saw he explained that they are really hard to level up and even so I can see why: they are basically Legendaries.

What do I mean by this is the fact that the mods in general can have from 3 to 10 levels to upgrade them but that's not a big deal, the only problem that may cause the mod to be a pain to level up is usually the rarity, I mean if you want to level up a common mod (the one that has a copper/bronze colour) it won't be a big deal not even if it has 10 levels once that they can be leveled up quite quickly, but the rarer a mod is the more expensive it becomes to level it up. I can really confirm that once that I usually have trouble leveling up a rare mod (the golden ones) to max level, especially if they have 10 levels. Thus if the rare mods are expensive the primed mods are even more expensive to level up, being the reason why I usually don't bother much with them, unless if I'm interested in just having one of them, at least if it's good that is.

But this also gives me an idea, if we now have primed mods, why not having primed fusion cores? I mean, those might be the best way to level up a primed mod without much problem, they only needed to be much rarer to find and could only be found in certain missions like the Void or by defeating a fertain enemy and could be highlighted with a platinum/white colour to easily distinguish them from the rare ones.

Archwing

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of archwing missions but that doesn't mean that I don't like them at all, they are really awesome. The only problem that makes me not like the archwing missions is the fact of being in the middle of space meaning that the enemies will come from all directions making the mission quite dangerous, especially in those missions where you're free to move around (like in the Interceptions missions). The enemies in general also seem to act similar to the moas once that they always keep shooting at you (like as if they don't need to reload their weapons at all) and always try to stay close enough to shoot to the players, even if you move a bit they will always try to keep that distance between them and the player. And despite the danger of being killed/destroyed they just stay there shooting at you like as if they don't give a damn about the damage they take from the players or even if they are killed just hoping that the players die, not to mention that the enemies always know where the player is hidden unless if he/she is invisible or in a unreachable place for the enemies and I was talking about the enemies in general.

But anyway, probably one thing that I would like to see in archwing missions would be archwing void missions, I mean the orokin void and derelict tilesets are my favorites so far, the orokin derelict is basically an infested version of the orokin void while this one is so magestic and... goldish. I'm not sure how an archwing mission on the void would look like but it could be something impressive to see and to visit as well, also considering that it could be the only place/way to get primed archwing and primed archwing weapons like the odonata prime or something like that.

Well you know what? Surprise me guys!! ^_^

I am fine with primed mods being expensive to upgrade.

BUT

I am sick of these useless primed mod we get lately.

Primed flow, continuity, point blank.

And maybe heated charge were the only useful ones.

Some people use reach too but its not a necessity.

Its been too long since we got a useful primed mod, a mod thats actually worth spending 528(or whatever) cores on

Bosses need to be reworked. Make them epic or somewhat. Make them have multiple phases (e.g. : Running away while letting their henchmen keep Tenno busy while they power up/heal, Sudden events occur during the fight which changes the area layout, they get more powerful attacks). And also, don't make the bosses overly tanky, but rather requiring skill such as making them extremely agile(Current bosses are too slow aside from Vor who can teleport), having weak points which must be exposed in some way(e.g. :  A heavily armored Grineer boss which is only weak to headshots but has a barrier to protect him which the players must target the generators that provide the barrier to expose him. But exposing him adds a twist which makes him much more agile which requires the players to aim carefully). And most important of all, make the bosses ENGAGING and fun to fight. Have them keeping the players constantly on their toes(Not waiting alot, like Lech Krill).

RE:Bosses

Ultimately, the problem with the bosses is that, as with any situation, the threat they present must be actually relevant compared to the power a player has. So long as the only thing that keeps them alive for prolonged periods of time is little more than Invulnerability phases or things like 'I take damage in only one tiny spot and move really fast' (Vay Hek), there's room for improvement. A boss also depends on how they fight. Without any minion support, they need to be more threatening on their own right, without being excessive. Similarly, bosses that use minions need to do so in a clever way, as Vor does on Mercury/Phobos.

Boss type enemies need to have something that makes fighting them actually test you, without necessarily being 'You must be this Boltor Prime to proceed'. A good boss has a few methods for engagement, or doesn't necessarily ruin you for having the 'wrong' items despite going in blind. Boss fights should be the kind of battle where, honestly, you don't realise how long it takes because it has your attention. One where you're actually conscious of what you're doing, rather than 'roll a bit, shoot when they're vulnerable'.

Within that, it should also be important to consider the role of the character; on the grand scale of things, how do they rank amidst each other, who has the highest threat priority? Do they have the actual power or means to back it up? Does it make sense for them to be able to fight a Tenno on equal grounds, or does it make more sense that they rely on guile to pose a threat? From there, are there things you can do when approaching the bosses, especially a guile style boss, that can alter the battle in your favour (assuming the boss poses enough threat to make these things relevant)?

Personally, I think bosses like Ambulas and so on are good examples of 'potentially dangerous but relatively minor' types. If every single named character is a systemic threat to everything it'll get boring, so we do need a bit of balance on that front as well. Some specific bosses for worlds and locations that deserve the title, but don't pretend to fight on the same field as the main contenders. Now, it's possible that if they're well written they could deserve a more prominent role, but remember; not everyone plays the big leagues. 

I can't pretend I can give any particular answers, having limited experience with only Tabletop boss and creature design, but these are the questions I think are important. As it stands, I think that it's a matter tied into how damage scaling works, so that rather than invulnerability phases, actual battle can be met. Ruk is fun to hear talking, Vay Hek is hammy as all get out, but if I had to pick one boss-type enemy to fight, I'd pick Corrupted Vor, because I can actually engage with him throughout his encounter, and it is pretty darn fun. All because his style is testing my ability to aim and reposition/survive than whether I can burst hard in that one window of opportunity.

Apologies for going on, as always.

Archwing desperately needs a rebalance on enemy damage.

Theres like 12 enemies in archwing between the Grineer and Corpus.

They all have laser guns and machine guns.

None of them do hardly damage.

Yet, theres 2 enemies that fire homing missiles that kill you in one shot, make no sound, and often times are entirely invisible. You have no way of knowing if a missile is locked onto you because most of the time they hit you from behind. Simultaneously, their graphic is a little white starburst, no physical missile model seems to exist, and sometimes the game's engine doesnt draw this starburst graphic into the environment.

This leads to players getting hit for 600-900 damage from an invisible entity that homes in.

Meanwhile all the other enemy munitions are peashooters.

Why?

It makes the mode mostly unchallenging, with the only challenge being spamming any powers that shake off the invisible missiles and hoping they all dispersed.

The least you guys could do to fix this is:

a.) give missiles shot by enemies in Archwing a physical 3d model, not just particle effects

b.) a warning that pops up when you are targeted by an enemy missile

But then again people have been complaining about that and the minimap since the mode was added months ago and there's been no mention of fixes or even progress towards fixes on any of the devstreams so far. Players have probably mostly all given up hope that Archwing will ever reach it's potential and be objectively fun.

Boss Creep/Evolution

The new bosses with their adds are way too chaotic for me. Nor do I like the new looks, but that is me.

Prime Mods
Do not like them, they just add additional power-creep to the game and do not add much of tactical or strategic choice. They are just another must haves or nice to haves.

Archwing

I think it was a bad idea from day one, therefore I have no idea how to improve it.

New Avatars
Do not care about them.

PRIMED MODS

They smell suspiciously of power-creep.
But I still use the ones I have because they can make my builds with leftover capacity better.

NEW AVATARS

You know what would be really great? An avatar that corresponds to your current warframe while in a misssion. You know; something useful.

ARCHWING

It's biggest problem, for me at least, is that it lacks a sort of fluidity. The controls are nice and responsive, but I want to be able to shoot while moving, instead of stopping every time.

There also a lot of problems that can be rectified without adding too much code.

LARGE EMPTY SPACES

For the most part the action takes place in the regions where the clusters of props are. I can understand these spaces server as a sort of cooldown from the action, but they take a bit too long to travel.

TARGETING

Ironsights should highlight enemies. Looking at enemies should mark them with a soft glow.

MISSILES ARE BULLETS THAT DEAL MORE DAMAGE

Make missiles more distinguishable, and make them have a warning so we can evade/shoot them down/cut and smash them with our melee.

MINI MAP IS USELESS

Increase range from 15m to 50m - 100m.

PICK-UPS BLEND WITH THE ENVOIRMENT

Make the targeting system mark them, and make them have a bigger magnet/pick-up radius. Bonus points if they have a trail when you pick them up as they fly towards you.

BOSS AUTHORITY CREEP / REWORK

As long as I find myself fighting them for the sake of fighting them rather than the rewards they give I will consider the rework good.

And as long as they're interesting characters then I won't mind the authority creep.

It would be nice however to have some characters in the lower positions of the corporal/military ladder. Like Derf and John/Jiyaan. These could do well as sympathetic antagonists/anti-heroes.

Edited by Lukap99

Bosses

I feel most bosses are actually a bit underwhelming. They are not bad, not at all, you have done really well with what you have as material (although, all the invulnerability-stuff is bland. Vor on Mercury was this done RIGHT though, felt like an actual phase, not just "wait and then you can kill me, when I decide", like with Lech Kril, Vay Hek etc).

But what would TRULY interest me is if you added HUGE bosses, size-wise. That feels like a more fair bossfight: A powerful little "ant" (the Tenno) versus a big, bad bug. That's how you could make us feel like we are fighting a fair and challenging fight. Jackal (although still somewhat small and too easy to kill) and Lephantis are some of the better feeling bosses imo. Their invulnerability is cancellable, and they feel big (sizewise) enough to actually feel like they CAN be threatening to you.

EDIT: Oh and Sargas Ruk is the best character so far, personality-wise. He feels like a bad guy, yet not. He is evil, but not without his share of wisdom. And what he says actually makes me think a bit about what I do, not just "mwahaha, I will kill everyone and rule the world, mwaaahahahah".

Primed mods

You have done some big mistakes for this game, but I consider Primed mods one of your absolute worst additions to the game in a long time. It pretty much obsoletes the regular version of the mod AND its corrupted counterpart, at once! Instead of giving us choices, you have succumbed to a horrible powercreep-addition. Get rid of ALL primed mods imo. They bring nothing but trouble. Oh, and a whole bunch of grind of course -.-

Archwing

In general, Archwing is bit too dull in intensity. The Uranus Interception is the most fun mission of them all by far, as it is very intense. Only problem is that the enemies there are a bit too dangerous. I also liked X-mas event (intensity of the fight-wise, not the reward-mechanics etc), TONS of enemies to fight in a Space-Berserker kind of way.

The Corpus trenchrun is also fun, maneuvering in those tight hallways in an agile way feels awesome... but it doesn't feel very intense when you flee as you have no reason to do so. If you HAD to speedrun out of there (explosions behind you that deal lots of damage, expanding quite quickly), it'd be AMAZING.

Big bosses here are also important to give an "epic" feeling. I'm very sad to hear that J3-Golem will be a raid, I mostly hate raiding in any game (i prefer small groups or soloing) :(

Then add to the fact that there is NO particular reason to play Archwing, other than to just play Archwing. If there was some switching between Archwing and regular mission, as a specific missiontype (NOT just as a boring and predictable one-specific-mission-raid), it'd actually feel like an addition that has an IMPACT in the overall game.

Meh. As long as they are proper I don't really mind what you add.

Edited by Azamagon

Well, I can't say anything that hasn't already been said except that I'd very much like it if we weren't fighting little teeny skiffs and drones in Archwing; I genuinely want to take on real Grineer and Corpus Corvettes, blow up titanic anti-space turrets on a Galleon, stuff like that.

For bosses I feel they should be harder and high risk mission.  And basically implement mini bosses as what the main bosses are doing now. Thats just my opinion. 

Primed Mods I think are fine and adds another dynamic to the game and something to look forwad to.

Archwing i think the sky is the limit for.  I think just additions to it and more involvement to the game for the archwing would be a step in the right direction.

Grenade warning would be nice you can barely see it come at you and to reiterate Cat Jam for the love of god warning for grineer missle

Edited by (XB1)TG Cruzado

Things that bug me most about archwing in general are:

Overpowered constant missiles from the grineer (with no warning)

The inability to look up or down (it's space.)

Falloff (yet again, IT'S. SPACE.)

Leveling (there's no Sechura, or Draco, or anything of the sort, you have to grind to get your stuff max)

Stamina (if stamina stays, then please for the love of god introduce a Quick Rest archwing mod)

Low quality textures (for example: you're really getting into flying around space when SUDDENLY, a massive pixelated piece of debris flies by you...)