May 1St: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am only going to say this about archwing. It needs some serious love along vastly improved benefits as you can see the voting states that just about everything is needed for it. As of right now maxing equipment is tedious at best which leads to players struggling at the start. Next we have very little resource and mod gains making the mode a unproductive mess. The last thing is we need more of a combat feel fighting on basically broken mess battlefields is boring why not disable or destroy ships, navigate a hazard like black holes or something, archwing should be a mode that is massive and rewarding. 

Bosses

I feel most bosses are actually a bit underwhelming. They are not bad, not at all, you have done really well with what you have as material (although, all the invulnerability-stuff is bland. Vor on Mercury was this done RIGHT though, felt like an actual phase, not just "wait and then you can kill me, when I decide", like with Lech Kril, Vay Hek etc).

But what would TRULY interest me is if you added HUGE bosses, size-wise. That feels like a more fair bossfight: A powerful little "ant" (the Tenno) versus a big, bad bug. That's how you could make us feel like we are fighting a fair and challenging fight. Jackal (although still somewhat small and too easy to kill) and Lephantis are some of the better feeling bosses imo. Their invulnerability is cancellable, and they feel big (sizewise) enough to actually feel like they CAN be threatening to you.

EDIT: Oh and Sargas Ruk is the best character so far, personality-wise. He feels like a bad guy, yet not. He is evil, but not without his share of wisdom. And what he says actually makes me think a bit about what I do, not just "mwahaha, I will kill everyone and rule the world, mwaaahahahah".

Primed mods

You have done some big mistakes for this game, but I consider Primed mods one of your absolute worst additions to the game in a long time. It pretty much obsoletes the regular version of the mod AND its corrupted counterpart, at once! Instead of giving us choices, you have succumbed to a horrible powercreep-addition. Get rid of ALL primed mods imo. They bring nothing but trouble. Oh, and a whole bunch of grind of course -.-

Archwing

In general, Archwing is bit too dull in intensity. The Uranus Interception is the most fun mission of them all by far, as it is very intense. Only problem is that the enemies there are a bit too dangerous. I also liked X-mas event (intensity of the fight-wise, not the reward-mechanics etc), TONS of enemies to fight in a Space-Berserker kind of way.

The Corpus trenchrun is also fun, maneuvering in those tight hallways in an agile way feels awesome... but it doesn't feel very intense when you flee as you have no reason to do so. If you HAD to speedrun out of there (explosions behind you that deal lots of damage, expanding quite quickly), it'd be AMAZING.

Big bosses here are also important to give an "epic" feeling. I'm very sad to hear that J3-Golem will be a raid, I mostly hate raiding in any game (i prefer small groups or soloing) :(

Then add to the fact that there is NO particular reason to play Archwing, other than to just play Archwing. If there was some switching between Archwing and regular mission, as a specific missiontype (NOT just as a boring and predictable one-specific-mission-raid), it'd actually feel like an addition that has an IMPACT in the overall game.

Meh. As long as they are proper I don't really mind what you add.

I dont get how primed mods add power creep into the game.

I maxed primed continuity and it gives me extra 4 seconds on most abilities. It cost me tons of cores.

Damage mods also dont make a difference since we have got most of them combined to deal damage, you can barely notice the difference between primed heated charge and heated charge.

Ammo mutation adds power creep?

I dont get people who want primed mods removed from the game.

And i higly doubt the reason they want them removed is because they believe primed mods have a power creeep factor.

They are either too lazy or dont have the time to max a mod

ARCHWING

I feel that the Odonata's 3 and 4 abilities, as well as the Elytron's 1 and 4 abilities, could stand to be tweaked. Most of these are damaging abilities, and my main criticism of them is that they're ineffective against even the low-medium level enemies for how much energy they cost; this mostly because of the low damage in comparison to enemy resilience, and in Seeking Fires' case I often see the missiles detonating in empty space. I believe Odonata's ultimate can be improved by letting it interrupt enemies that are capturing an interception point; It doesn't make much sense to me how archwing enemies can capture an area without even having to be in the area(they very frequently fly across the map while still influencing an area on the other side)

I'd really like general Tenno-faction avatars, as I don't play exclusively one frame. I believe an evolving Mastery Rank avatar that works similarly to the Mastery sigil would be a nice addition. There could also be a pack of Tenno allies avatars that includes the default Lotus icon that you can't switch back to if you've changed your avi, Darvo, Syndicate leaders, syndicate icons, Teshin, Simaris, etc.

Edited by Variablemania

Just 2 cents for archwing :

Anything that shoots rockets at You SHOULD be visibly different than the rest of the mob.

And I'm not saying the color itself will be enough. Their design should differ at first glance.

It would improve how You prioritze Your targets...

This is not that easy to discern at first glance when You're in the heat of a battle :

GrnSkiff.png

GrnSkiffMissile.png

GrnSkiffMissileShield.png

Add them some missile packs at each side at least (and BIG missile packs at that):

ZephyrCombo.jpg

Edited by tocorro

Bosses be Creepin'

While I do like the reworks, since they update the bosses from some sort of glorified enemy into something more individual, I am really against your fondness of adding invulnerability phases and other bullcrap invulnerability gimmicks that makes fights unnecessary long and grindy.

Satisfaction with Prime Mods

While the concept is interesting, I am very much against the high level of fusioning required to get that mod into the 5+ ranks. Its insane, grindy and downright depressing how much effort it takes to get them up to 10. 

Archwing

I do not like this game mode. It is the only game mode I haven't found all weapons and gear for, or even unlocked all nodes in navigation. I do not like it at all.

I have no opinions about this.

Grind in archwing is too great for me and on top of that there is no rewards for doing so and there are many improvements that need to be made (see the many suggestions other have as they have better ideas then I).

When it comes to their visual design and personality I like all of the boss reworks, what I dislike are the rather egregious invulnerability phases. Let's compare two bosses that have similar(ish) mechanics; Jackal and Sargas Ruk.

They are both invulnerable with weakpoints, but Jackal's weakpoint is shot to make the main body vulnerable, while destroying Ruk's weakpoints is what eventually kills him.

The difference that I want to talk about is that with Jackal, we control the invulnerability phases, where Ruk just shows them when he's in the mood for it, making the fight drag out longer than it should.

For a boss fight to be rewarding and satisfying it should be about the player understanding how the fight works and then executing it well, with the one in control being the player, not the boss.

And as much as I hate Nullifiers, the mechanics of their bubbles could be applied on bosses to prevent them from being killed too fast. I know this was mentioned once in a devstream, players just steamrolling over bosses with their overpowered guns, the problem with that is some weapons would be unsuited against bosses just like they are against Nullifier bubbles. I would suggest that those weapons receive special flags that would make shots from them count as multiple hits.

I don't really care about primed mods, I care more about entire segments of my regular mod collection being useless (tried making multiple threads about it, they never got any traction :( ).

Archwing - you mentioned that there is an axis lock in place because some people get disoriented without it, guess what? The axis lock makes me disoriented.

This is because when I look up and down, and I don't know that I'm looking up and down, because there is nothing like a horizon to orient myself with, the camera doesn't move like I expect it to.

What I would like is atleast an option to disable the axis lock, enhanced flight controls are also welcome.

The minimap on the other hand is better resolved by just getting rid of it and replacing it with a waypoint system like the one in Freelancer. If you don't know about that game, go play it, it's not on any DD platform, but it's 20$ on ebay.

TBH the thing that makes the bosses off for me is the lack of melee support

you released a new melee system then made tons of flying and weak spot bosses

The only grineer bosses where melee is an actual options are Vor, and the Bosses yet to be reworked

Archwing

I will start off by saying that I really think that archwing has potential. It is a change of pace when most missions are starting to just get stale, and I like it that way.
While upping affinity gains would be amazing for players who don't farm endless interception (because I can't play in groups due to connections) for xp, I feel that these are not where the energy should be put into archwing at the moment. My biggest gripe with archwing at the moment, is the fact it ironically feels limiting. Being a solo player who dabbles in group play with one of my friends (so we have a somewhat stable connection), I am frustrated that rewards are locked behind certain mission types - Interception. These rewards are not trade-able, so they cannot simply be traded for with other players, and incidentally this also means that something which alters the playstyle heavy (weapons) is locked behind content that cannot be accessed for (a minority I know) some players.

If going forward I would plead one thing to the archwing development, it would be to add a larger variety of mission types and spreading out weapon blueprint rewards between them. I'd love to try the Fluctus, since I think it'd go well with my playstyle. It is just too bad that without a stable internet connection I have to buy it from the cash shop if I want it.

If not, then please make weapon parts trade-able with other players. Make organized groups able to profit off of us who can't play certain content.

I'd also like some endless missions that are more lenient towards solo players, such as the survival missions are in the normal star charts. I know that solo players are not the largest demographic, but we are here for many different reasons (too tired to form a party, unstable connection, disliking group play, etc). Please don't forget about us - we also absolutely love your game!

Primed Mods

These mods are in the same spot as the syndicate augment mods. A lot of times I've been thinking "Why make this mod primed when it should have been a part of the base mod to begin with!".

If primed mods weren't already implemented, I'd have preferred if they kept he same number of levels (so they don't get stronger), but instead added fun or surprising secondary effects. For instance, keeping P Continuity at 30% but adding a secondary effect such as 5% chance to add a party-wide armor buff when using a skill or some such. This would keep the power creep to a minimum and focus more on the helpful but odd effects like the new arcanes.

This, however, is too late. Now we have mods which take about 500 rare cores to get to max level per mod and several hundreds of thousands of credits.
Speaking as a person who missed primed continuity, the only thing that bothers me about the primed mods is the fact that they're in rotations from Baro. This means that you could go for months without seeing the one mod you need for your build come back to rotation. When the number of primed mods are starting to add up, please consider bringing at least two mods back per rotation.

As for what makes a great mod, I'd start off by saying that one primed mod we need is a Primed Pressure Point for melee. This thing could really help bringing back melee in the game. Right now it's severely under-powered, and we need melee weapons to pack a larger punch!

I've never been a fan of primed ammo mods, since these mods do very little to actually alter any sort of playstyle. I care little for how much ammo I have, when an ammo restore or ammo mutation will solve that quickly. And if I run dry, I can just switch weapons for a while.

What I do care about, are mods that alter the foundation of builds. Primed Continuity is a good example of something that can change how a frame plays, by cutting down the number of mods you need to reach good levels of duration, which opens up mod slots for other and more fun mods. I'm still kicking myself I missed that mod.

Another one which has been discussed quite a bit is the primed streamline. I'd love this mod, because using warframe powers is one of the most fundamentally fun things about Warframe. It is what makes a warframe unique. Before the introduction of primed mods, I'd have been afraid it'd be overpowered. But seeing as we're already escalating numbers, a primed streamline would serve the same function as the continuity. It achieves something that could already be achieved with a corrupted mod, only cheaper on the mod slots, which leaves more slots open for better things.

I dont get how primed mods add power creep into the game.

I maxed primed continuity and it gives me extra 4 seconds on most abilities. It cost me tons of cores.

Damage mods also dont make a difference since we have got most of them combined to deal damage, you can barely notice the difference between primed heated charge and heated charge.

Ammo mutation adds power creep?

I dont get people who want primed mods removed from the game.

And i higly doubt the reason they want them removed is because they believe primed mods have a power creeep factor.

They are either too lazy or dont have the time to max a mod

Primed Continuity = I can ignore using Constitution to bring my Power Duration back up to 100% (or even 105%) after Streamline and Fleeting Expertise is added. It frees up a whole slot when modding your Warframes, which is a VERY powerful option. Power Creep.

While Primed Slip Magazine might not be the most awesome mod out there, it DOES still make Tainted Clip and standard Slip Magazine obsolete. Power creep.

Primed Heated Charge (and Primed Point Blank) are incredibly powerful mods that obsoletes their basic counterparts. Power creep.

The primed utility-mods (such as ammo mutation) are a lesser problem, but they are still stupid. Why not just buff the mods baseline instead? Even more annoying than the power creep, it adds just an insane amount of grind. Something we were promised to have LESS!

Add to that the fact that they are gonna add primed auras in the future. Imagine something like Primed Energy Siphon. Who would need formas, bar the ones used to forma the aura-slot to dash polarity, with that aura? Power creep.

And fyi, I have all of the Primed mods (not all at max, but still).

Primed mods only do this:

* Adds more power creep, the OPPOSITE of what this game needs

* Adds more grind, the OPPOSITE of what this game needs

* Shows that DE are scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to making interesting mods. Instead of new and interesting stuff, they just take an old on and +1 it... So innovative! -.-

Primed mods only do this:

* Adds more power creep, the OPPOSITE of what this game needs

* Adds more grind, the OPPOSITE of what this game needs

* Shows that DE are scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to making interesting mods. Instead of new and interesting stuff, they just take an old on and +1 it... So innovative! -.-

I'm sad to say that I'll have to agree with most of what's written here. The last point reminds me of a certain comment/question that was given during a Devstream, where that expression was also used. Steve was infuriated then, and for good reasons too, since Corrupted Mods do add quite some dynamics to the game, though one can argue of how unbalanced they are from one frame to the other.

However, Primed Mods really does feel like the way you described,  since most of them seems to be quite arbitrarily chosen so far (Primed Heated Charge and Primed Point Blank especially). I agree even more that the basic mod should just get the +1 in terms of ranks instead of making a whole new mod for it, due to the first and second points you brought. When Primed Auras come, it will be even worse.

I'm having fun with Primed Reach, but I keep thinking "that's what Reach should have been in the first place."

Edited by Casardis

I'm just gonna weigh in on the primed mods:

If a mod is underpowered, you don't make a 10-level version of it that costs twice as much to upgrade. You instead (I know, shocking) BUFF THE EXISTING MOD.

Making shotguns cost twice as much to (not even) reach the power of rifles is a joke.

Now for the warframe mods:

They only add to the power creep. I don't even dare to think how stupidly bullet-sponge-y enemies will be in the future raids when more of those mods (power str, power eff) are released. Even in the existing raids the strat seems to be SPAM 4 > SPAM REGEN > REPEAT.

That's not fun, nor skill. That's stupid.

Edited by Shifted

Boss creep

I agree with the observation that bosses seem to be power-creeping in terms of their evilness.  This is a problem that a lot of games have.  DE should not be afraid to have bosses that are satisfying to kill due to an involving story rather than simply making the stakes enormous. It's ultimately better for the game's world if we have bosses that are not all "cosmic threats", but rather that we want to kill and feel good about killing because of things they've done to us personally or done to people we know.

Prime mods

Several of the prime mods released so far have been very disappointing. What makes a "good" primed mod is 1.) has practical applications i.e. actually has at least some usage scenarios where it is better than existing options and 2.) has to be good enough to justify the extraordinary cost in time/resources to rank it up. Most recently, primed slip magazine is a terrible primed mod because it fails both criteria. It doesn't really compete with Ice Storm while simultaneously being many times more expensive. Runner up for "particularly bad" is primed fast hands. These mods are bad primarily because the performance of their base variant is so bad.

Mods that should never be primed...anything that's already rank 10 or that already has a maximum practical effect at its current rank (e.g. Handspring).  Personally I feel like nightmare, corrupted, and augment mods should all be excluded from consideration from prime as well since these are already their own "families" and have a lot of traction in people's builds already.

Archwing

Honestly the biggest problem I see with archwing right now is that it feels disconnected. It's like a whole other (kind of mediocre) game that's bolted on to the side. There's no sense of continuity. It would be a much superior thing if it were woven together with the regular infantry action by both gameplay and world building. Second biggest problem... the scale versus speed of combat is weird. It's trying to be a high-speed long-range jet fighter game, but with pixel-precise weapons that require careful aiming.

The ultimate would be to let us use the in-game arsenal to make our character how we like with weapons and colors and cosmetics, then take a picture for the forum.

But since that's really unlikely, vote for companion avatars? Sentinels and dogs, with a nice selection of variation (sentinels with wings/tails, kubrows with different color patterns)

Let's see...

Boss Creep/Evolution

The bosses still need a lot of work, but the changes seem to be going in the right direction.

Prime Mods

In my opinion, this was a bad idea. A credit sink is not generally bad idea for people who have played for long periods of time and have little else to do. But this? Primed SLIP MAGAZINE? I am... less than enthused and I know I am not alone in that. I mean.. even a Primed Pressure Point wouldn't have been QUITE so blatantly a troll.

Ya got me, Baro. Ya got me. But never again.

Archwing

Space combat, fun. Space combat with idiots, less fun. Space combat with idiots who demand to be carried, even less fun. Space combat with idiots who demand to be carried and complain incessantly that they cannot 1 shot everything (bringing a lvl 1 Odonata with no mods to Uranus) and could not figure out how to avoid a CLOUD on a CLEAR DAY is even LESS fun.

Needs more variety. Needs more things to do. Also needs a 'kick the idiot out of the game' function.

New Avatars

Never change my avatar, so no opinion on this.

Edited by Kalenath

I'll mention the primed mods, as they're one of the most impacting topics on this thread: before any mod is primed, a survey should be carried out at DE to see just how many of you would find the effort:reward ratio for it fair - would you be willing to work towards that on your own accounts? Some mods, like primed flow are definitely a powerful boost - but also a lot of work. Primed fast hands, on the other hand, was just insulting. As for primed pistol ammo mutation, that mod shouldn't even exist.

I'd rather see infrequent primed mods with meaning, than the current rate of... well, garbage. Sorry - but they're basically a memo saying "please grind for ages for something you will never, ever use".