The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug Or Feature? Sound On Earth Tileset

Daydr3amer

Question

Hi guys,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYkYp9pjqNo

so this sound (first ~10 secs) gives me a headache. Problem is, I'm not sure if it works as intended (minus the headache of course) or if the file is broken and I should reinstall the game. Does anybody have the same problem? Is this normal? Either way I think it has to go. Question is if I can do anything about it.

Thanks

PS: The quality of the video is less than good, the sound quality on the other hand pretty much shows, what I mean.

Edited by Daydr3amer

9 answers to this question

Okay, thanks so far. Does anybody know, where soundfiles are kept in the warframe folder?

Verifying files via Steam brought up 6.1 GB of files to reload, we'll see what happens after that.

[edit]Nevermind. Over in the bug forums there are some topics concerning this problem, including one were DE_George promises to make it go away in the next hotfix :)

Edited by Daydr3amer

Sounds to me like either bad sound files or sound drivers; if it were me, I'd try to update or reinstall the sound drivers first since that'll be a lot easier and faster and see if that works.

I don't have any sounds like that anywhere in the game to my knowledge.

Same sound error here since 16.4 I think. I'm using a dedicated PCIe sound card if it matters (Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus). No enhancements active. Just stereo output. Drivers are fine.

OS W8.1 x64

Okay, thanks so far. Does anybody know, where soundfiles are kept in the warframe folder?

Verifying files via Steam brought up 6.1 GB of files to reload, we'll see what happens after that.

[edit]Nevermind. Over in the bug forums there are some topics concerning this problem, including one were DE_George promises to make it go away in the next hotfix :)

Yeah, i've been getting that noise too. I thought it was some sort of weird effect from grineer radio distortion so I rolled with it.

Edited by nms64

Hi guys,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYkYp9pjqNo

so this sound (first ~10 secs) gives me a headache. Problem is, I'm not sure if it works as intended (minus the headache of course) or if the file is broken and I should reinstall the game. Does anybody have the same problem? Is this normal? Either way I think it has to go. Question is if I can do anything about it.

Thanks

PS: The quality of the video is less than good, the sound quality on the other hand pretty much shows, what I mean.

Is this a cracky sound? like if some rocks are tumbling down? I also seem to have that. Can't say my sound drivers are bad.

Maybe its an Audio Bug from DE their side.

The answer lies here:

:-)

They already tried to fix it during a recent patch (16.4.5, but obviously it didn't help... 

Thanks anyway