Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Translators

[DE]Glen

Okay guys, I just plowed through a bazillion support tickets and tried to collect all the volunteers. The Russian, Polish and Spanish teams are full for now -- I don't want to cause them headaches by having too many cooks in the kitchen.

If I missed any of you it might be because the support staff didn't assign your ticket to me or I made a mistake somehow. If you were left out I am very sorry -- just update the ticket and we'll find it.

I also imported all the updates from the last week -- some of you have been amazingly busy!

584 Italian updates from pascalbrax, kreel, Edheldui and Kingdrake

327 Polish updates from Etheryon, Robak220, Wac3, Arthelon and Borromir

194 Japanese updates from Gashin

180 Portuguese updates from Kokuen, Goggles, Gnoman and MRVOLK

141 French updates from ap0k41yp5 and Flamby

96 Ukranian updates from JOOBING, Spyker and krapka

95 Spanish updates from RareApo and Killbe

72 German updates from philversprechend and Celia

64 Russian updates from Moloxix, fafnir4ik and Crond

1 Chinese update from WKYZODIAC

Thank you very much! We really appreciate all your work! It should be visible in the next update which is, as always: "Real Soon Now ™"

I'm also pleased to announce we have our very first Korean volunteer on the job! Exciting stuff!

Russian translation report.

First-pass translation up to line 551 of January 7th import is done. Probably missed some typos or awkward wordings, will hunt for them on second-pass.

Some feedback and questions for devs:

1. On line 335 there is a mention of "Ravor" troops. Didn't find them in the script. Is it an old name of a faction?

2. On line 211 there is a typo. "Rubdeo" instead of "Rubedo".

3. The ID of line 357 says "VarTauntD". I'm pretty sure it should be "VorTauntD". As the lines are for Co Vor.

4. Lines 262 and 340 are virtually identical, except for the names of characters. 262 - Sargas Ruk, 340 - Cvas Skelk.

5. Same with lines 261 and 352, though the differences are in first and third paragraphs.

6. What's "MOA"? Is it abbreviation for something?

Will continue tomorrow. Strongly advise devs to test translator applicants in knowledge of general english and especially it's idioms before allowing them to participate as I caught some beginner-level mistakes in clearly human-translated text. Also, providing info on when and what the text is used for would be tremendously helpful. In some languages (including russian) correct wording heavily depends on context.

I'm fairly certain that the focus was on Brazilian Portuguese.

please change the launcher text to "Portuguese-BR" or something like that, that should be obligatory...

Please read my ticket, hasnt been assinged to anyone yet...

I would want to help out but my german grammar is just not good enouge.. I have a friend who is native Italian though. I'll see what I can do

Edit: If you ever consider dutch I'll be available

Edited by Castron

Still waiting for approval as German translator(Ticket being processed).

Would love to help with the translations since lots of what's currently in there in German is no real german lol. Would make the game so much better with good Translations and help people to get off with a better start in the closed beta. Currently playing with the english client since it's so much more understandable than the german version :P

I'd like to suggest to also make the patch notes displayed in the launcher available for translation. They are one of the first things a player encounters before actually playing the game, so it would be good to give them a proper translation - at the moment the german translation is rather lackluster.

I'd like to suggest to also make the patch notes displayed in the launcher available for translation. They are one of the first things a player encounters before actually playing the game, so it would be good to give them a proper translation - at the moment the german translation is rather lackluster.

I second that. It'd really help for them to be correctly translated since it's quite important to understand what changed and/or was added.

I assume that the Changelog also is some kind of "website" and not built into the Launcher, which means it could be updated more frequent than the client itself.