The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Warframe Do You Think Is The Least Useful?

Xamuswing

I don't think there is such a thing as a worst warframe, but there are certainly warframes that are not very useful in many situations. Those warframes that may look cool or have neat abilities, but don't hold a candle to the more powerful frames.

My personal pick is either Ember or Saryn. While I do like their designs, they don't have anything really unique that I can bring to missions.

Saryn has Molt and Miasma used the most. The other two aren't really used since the scaling is negligible or not necessary. While Molt is actually really good, Miasma looses it's touch after a certain point and can only be used as an expensive stun.

Ember is almost pure damage. It's abilities are really only good against the infested and a pain in the rear for the other factions at best. Fireball is useless compared to the other abilities and doesn't do anything too awesome to be worth using. World on Fire is pretty fun, but lacks any good scaling. Same with Fire Blast. But hey, check out that stamina though!

Seriously though, can we rework Saryn and Ember? Pl0x?

i use saryn a lot because regenerative molt and her tank let me ignore the frustrating aspects of playing missions on eris and sedna

of course, i spam miasma, but i don't think it a good spell at all; it's pretty boring. also it's not very nice to the rest of the squad since there's no baddies left for them

Limbo.

Not only he isn't very useful but he also gets in the way.

That was and is, the big controversy around him, him not fitting well on squads because of how his powers limit or change the gameplay.

---------------

Your opinions on ember and saryn are low minded, any damage abilities or any damage frames have their limits, just like those 2.

Plus saryn as one of the most powerful damage abilities, so idk how its the only one you see that haves a limit, or see a effectiveness loss whit scaling only on her...

Ember is pretty darn good, and saying she is only good with infested, well, that is just uninformed knowledge from your part, her 2nd ability is more then enough to reach high tears of difficulty whit any enemy kind.

Seems you are the kind of player who is still stuck on "damage abilities are the only abilities worth"

Edited by 7grims

Ash I guess. Doing his damage powers is cool and all, but guns are OP so that's not really making him useful at anything. All he has that could be called useful is a short duration invisibility, which you will gimp if you bring efficiency and/or strength corrupted mods and lately being invisible is getting less and less useful.

Ember and Saryn are a little shallow but at the same time Accelerant and Molt (especially with the aug) are extremely versatile. PBAoE near-instant cast stun and heat resist debuff and a decoy+HoT+DoT. I find both skills useful at doing pretty much everything... you can defend yourself with those skills, attack with those skills, defend objectives and hostages... there's no mission type I wouldn't bring Saryn to and I'd only not bring Ember if the tileset was forcing me into the open like those Hijack missions on the snow truck.

Edited by VKhaun

Saryn is annoying when you have a Nekros and are trying to desecrate. It doesn't work on stuff that's been killed by miasma... Other than that I don't see how she would be useless.

Nekros can desecrate what I've Miasma'd just like how he can dese what nova primes. 

I've seen a nekros countless times dese what I have in the void. 

and just today in ODS. 

I'm pretty sure your time frame to dese when it happens is just lower than usual.

Edited by Vesiga

Here's where you're wrong about Saryn.

Venom is an on-demand spreading Viral proc, it is actually very useful in high level gameplay.

It has saved my life more than a dozen times.

Saryn's innate tankiness is also a godsend in high level gameplay. Being able to take more punishment means you can dish out more punishment at a time.

Contagion does need some work though, it's simply awful.

Miasma is glorious if you build for it, nothing survives.

She deserves more credit than you give, Sir.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

I say Rhino, because everything he can do, someone else can do better.

Charge? Uselessness aside, Excalibur will do it better by far with his rework.

Iron Skin? Vex Armor.

Roar? War Cry.

Stomp? Name an ult. It's better. Edit: Also, Sound Quake.

Edited by Kaiczar

I dunno, I have built ember with power str with minimal duration and she clear invasion mobs on any planet just running like headless chicken with phoenix helm and wof on. She is not suitable for voids and obliterate low-mid levels.

Has anyone looked at how good Saryn's 1 is? Like, almost a guaranteed viral proc that jumps between enemies forever if you hit the venom sacs. You can viral proc an entire room if your team is on the ball. Her 4 is reasonable CC if you build duration as well (which you should to get that lovely venom proc for longer), her Molt is great at managing a crowd, plus regen if you have the augment (Which also works really well on a duration+Damage build). Ember seems the worst for me, but Saryn is way better than just 4 spam, she has some fantastic utility.

Edit:

Reading the comments, yeah, limbo is pretty bad, I want him to be great, but other frames just outshine him

Also, Saryn's contagion does need some serious work, only good for leveling bad melee weapons

Edited by zezzame

Here's where you're wrong about Saryn.

Venom is an on-demand spreading Viral proc, it is actually very useful in high level gameplay.

It has saved my life more than a dozen times.

Saryn's innate tankiness is also a godsend in high level gameplay. Being able to take more punishment means you can dish out more punishment at a time.

Contaigon does need some work though, it's simply awful.

Miasma is glorious if you build for it, nothing survives.

She deserves more credit than you give, Sir.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Limbo.

Not only he isn't very useless but he also gets in the way.

That was and is, the big controversy around him, him not fitting well on squads because of how his powers limit or change the gameplay.

v---Refer this part to your views of Limbo---v

---------------

Your opinions on ember and saryn are low minded, any damage abilities or any damage frames have their limits, just like those 2.

Plus saryn as one of the most powerful damage abilities, so idk how its the only one you see that haves a limit, or see a effectiveness loss whit scaling only on her...

Ember is pretty darn good, and saying she is only good with infested, well, that is just uninformed knowledge from your part, her 2nd ability is more then enough to reach high tears of difficulty whit any enemy kind.

Seems you are the kind of player who is still stuck on "damage abilities are the only abilities worth"

Edited by Joenorthrup

Zephyr is somewhat useful, but Turbulence is messed up and her other abilities are a bit niche and clunky. Just my opinion.

But I'd say any straight damage is possibly the least useful for high levels. Just damage doesn't cut it; you need utility in some form or another. Pretty much every frame has that, so it comes down to which has it the least, or which abilities are the least useful instead of the frames as a whole.

It's not about whether or not they're good. It's about which is the least useful, and the simple fact of the matter is that no matter how hard people fanboy for ember, she will always be slightly below average in high level play, because she lacks inbuilt utility.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Limbo.

Not only he isn't very useless but he also gets in the way.

You're right, he isn't very useless. In fact, he and Valkyr are the best choices for revivers. Limbo was created with the intention to add a frame that isn't pure damage and actually requires a bit of thinking. Oh, you have a friend on a squishy frame? Limbo banish to the rescue!

"he also gets in the way"... Maybe in public matches, where people tend to throw down Cataclysm on objectives and NOT cancel it early, but there is this thing called "rolling" that makes everything Limbo does to a teammate EXCEPT cataclysm go away. Did I mention his main abilities can all be cancelled early?

If Limbo doesn't fit well on the team, that's an operator error, because people who actually play Limbo know that there are perks to being Rifted (crazy energy regen, single out powerful enemies) that the whole team can benefit from.

EDIT: This guy puts it correctly:

Limbo 'cause it seems like only 1 out of 100 Limbos can actually use him. Also white energy Cataclysm burns my eyes.

It's not that he's bad, it's that he's different enough that people have no clue how to play him in comparison to others.

------

Okay, back on the subject at hand, for me it is currently Excalibur. Ember has her uses, namely Infested, but Excal falls short and is rather unimpressive for the game's Poster Boy, especially with all these line of sight/awareness calculations going into him. I am really looking forward to his rework, that way Ember could be the least useful.

Edited by NoggDog117