The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Warframe Do You Think Is The Least Useful?

Xamuswing

Ember is my most played frame and I can say she brings absolutely nothing to team play. Nothing. She can handle high level stuff just fine, she just does everything on her own that being in a team doesn't mean anything. She's a solo frame, so I can see why some people say she's useless in a team. 

And anybody listing Banshee, Nyx or Zephyr as useless need to go play some high level Interception (no, Draco doesn't count as high level) or the Raid. 

I just...Banshee? Useless? Banshee???? cheap & fast frontal knockback, cheap 500% damage boost and radar to whole team, and a 2-minute area stunlock??is useless?wat????

Ember is my most played frame and I can say she brings absolutely nothing to team play. Nothing. She can handle high level stuff just fine, she just does everything on her own that being in a team doesn't mean anything. She's a solo frame, so I can see why some people say she's useless in a team. 

And anybody listing Banshee, Nyx or Zephyr as useless need to go play some high level Interception (no, Draco doesn't count as high level) or the Raid. 

I just...Banshee? Useless? Banshee???? cheap & fast frontal knockback, cheap 500% damage boost and radar to whole team, and a 2-minute area stunlock??is useless?wat????

Saying Banshee is useless is just as ridiculous as saying Ember brings NOTHING to team play. Especially since Ember has 3 CC capable abilities, and can buff a teammate with fire damage, while increasing fire damage to enemies...how did you manage to play Ember so much and forget 3/4 of her skills?

Saying Banshee is useless is just as ridiculous as saying Ember brings NOTHING to team play. Especially since Ember has 3 CC capable abilities, and can buff a teammate with fire damage, while increasing fire damage to enemies...how did you manage to play Ember so much and forget 3/4 of her skills?

No one mods their weapons for heat in Void Survival (or any long endless missions), you know that. Accelerant's stun and heat procs are nice, they are what keeps Ember alive, which she does regardless of teammates anyway. What I'm trying to say is that what Ember can do in terms of team-beneficial CC there are frames that do it much better (like Banshee, for example). Playing Ember solo and in a team makes very little difference, meaning that being in a team doesn't mean anything to her and vice versa. Try to read a bit more calmly before you spout immature comments, please. 

No one mods their weapons for heat in Void Survival (or any long endless missions), you know that. Accelerant's stun and heat procs are nice, they are what keeps Ember alive, which she does regardless of teammates anyway. What I'm trying to say is that what Ember can do in terms of team-beneficial CC there are frames that do it much better (like Banshee, for example). Playing Ember solo and in a team makes very little difference, meaning that being in a team doesn't mean anything to her and vice versa. Try to read a bit more calmly before you spout immature comments, please. 

Please dont start with the "other frames do it better" fallback. Its not an argument. You said Ember brings NOTHING to teamplay, when 3/4 of her abilities can provide CC. She ADDS fire damage with an augment, and can also increase fire damage on enemies, so no, teammates dont need to mod for pure fire dmg.

WoF can knock enemies down- thats something useful for teamplay

Accelerant is a very quick cast that stuns a room - thats definitely useful for teamplay. Whether or not you think its the best CC in the game is irrelevant, its still very useful and gives the team a much needed breather. It can even be cast while in the air.

Fireblast knocks back enemies- how is this not useful for teamplay? It clears crowds away, clears pods, panics enemies. Its useful when reviving, even if your not the first player there, and it has a quick cast time.

also- Everyone likes to talk of her damage drop off, but a good Ember can still deal the most damage/kills in many missions. Yes, even deep into T4. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

Please dont start with the "other frames do it better" fallback. Its not an argument. You said Ember brings NOTHING to teamplay, when 3/4 of her abilities can provide CC. She ADDS fire damage with an augment, and can also increase fire damage on enemies, so no, teammates dont need to mod for pure fire dmg.

WoF can knock enemies down- thats something useful for teamplay

Accelerant is a very quick cast that stuns a room - thats definitely useful for teamplay. Whether or not you think its the best CC in the game is irrelevant, its still very useful and gives the team a much needed breather. It can even be cast while in the air.

Fireblast knocks back enemies- how is this not useful for teamplay? It clears crowds away, clears pods, panics enemies. Its useful when reviving, even if your not the first player there, and it has a quick cast time.

also- Everyone likes to talk of her damage drop off, but a good Ember can still deal the most damage/kills in many missions. Yes, even deep into T4. 

Does Ember have the best CC, Damage, or Utility?

Aha, of course that's a rhetorical question.

Meaning, she isn't the most useful, putting her near the bottom.

What a logical person would call "less useful."

From a highend gameplay perspective

Saryn, Excalibur, Hydroid, Limbo, Zephyr, Ash, Rhino & Oberon.

These are warframes you never want to take to a 'cheese' group for T4D/S/Inter/Raids. Basically their either selfish classes that offer nothing but to themselves or incredibly outclassed by another warframe or just flatout fall off too early to be anything of an inconvenience.

But outside of those 4 missions and particular keys? Perfectly fine and player knowledge and a proper build (Because that's not kid ourselves about the game being 'skillful') will take you where you need to go.

Does Ember have the best CC, Damage, or Utility?

Aha, of course that's a rhetorical question.

Meaning, she isn't the most useful, putting her near the bottom.

What a logical person would call "less useful."

No one was asking for MOST useful. 

Her CC works well with her kit, where she falls off in CC she makes up in damage.

Her CC isnt bad, and actually is very good at times.

She is what a logical and knowledgeable person would call useful in teamplay.

You could pick apart almost any frame and say "do they have the absolute best X? No? then they're useless" Every frame has something another frame can do better.

Thats like asking "Does Kobe have the absolute best crossover? no, then he is a terrible player"

Edited by Hypernaut1

Limbo. I think situationally, it's got to be Limbo. Simply because of his trolling potential. A player can render another player useless which in a team situation makes the overall team more useless.

Just this morning before I left for work, I was on Akkad playing with a Limbo player. Things were going just fine and then all of a sudden I believe in wave 4 he banished me for like the entire round. And then did the same thing in round 5. Keep in mind it was just me and him.

So here I was for two rounds, and couldn't really do anything. Which sucks, but ultimately is fine I guess if you are going to be able to carry the team yourself. And he did pretty much that in round 4. But in wave 5 he banished my ! and then proceeded to get downed. Long story short, we ended up okay, but the point is things could have gone south. So the potential for Limbo to troll his teammates and make them useless makes the overall team more useless and therefore I have to give Limbo this honor.

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

Limbo. I think situationally, it's got to be Limbo. Simply because of his trolling potential. A player can render another player useless which in a team situation makes the overall team more useless.

Just this morning before I left for work, I was on Akkad playing with a Limbo player. Things were going just fine and then all of a sudden I believe in wave 4 he banished me for like the entire round. And then did the same thing in round 5. Keep in mind it was just me and him.

So here I was for two rounds, and couldn't really do anything. Which sucks, but ultimately is fine I guess if you are going to be able to carry the team yourself. And he did pretty much that in round 4. But in wave 5 he banished my ! and then proceeded to get downed. Long story short, we ended up okay, but the point is things could have gone south. So the potential for Limbo to troll his teammates and make them useless makes the overall team more useless and therefore I have to give Limbo this honor.

You realize you can roll out of Banish, right? also your warframe abilitys that do actual damage still kill whilst banished so its more of a positive on say, Mesa who gets crazy energy regen and made immune whilst she rains down on everything around her.

Chroma... Worst...Damn...Frame...Ever.... nothing about it is worth anything since we don't need tanking, his dmg boost is counter intuitive to what the game teaches you since the biggining, barely any CC, no efficient dmg tools, nothing, anything is better than Chroma if you ask me.

Chroma... Worst...Damn...Frame...Ever.... nothing about it is worth anything since we don't need tanking, his dmg boost is counter intuitive to what the game teaches you since the biggining, barely any CC, no efficient dmg tools, nothing, anything is better than Chroma if you ask me.

tumblr_inline_nndy22LmO41sfzv78_500.gif

I know it's your opinion, but jeez... you need to give Chroma another try before you fake yourself into thinking his damage boosts are poor, he isn't useful as a tank and or has barely any CC...

On topic, my choice for most nigh-useless frame would be tie between Oberon, Ember or Hydroid.

Don't get me wrong, I really like these frames, but for the most part they add almost nothing to a team. At best, I play these guys solo or when I really don't care about the situational gameplay.

Oberon looks @(*()$ fantastic, but his powers are @(*()$ lame (sorry Oberon fans). His hallowed ground is pish for what it's made to do, his ult has a stun but I feel it doesn't last long enough (similar problem that Mag used to have), and while his first and 3rd powers are my favorite, I feel that others can do the same better. If i really wanted to radiation-proc/confuse, I'd use Loki or Nyx. If I wanted a heal-frame, I'd use Trin.

Ember and Hydroid both have similar problems. Too much half-assed CC. Yeah, fire causes panic. Great, they can still shoot me. Fire damage is best on infested, so Ember is a limited power-damage frame. She has augments for more CC, but it's often random in the sense that it doesn't always give you the outcome you want. One enemy might fall on their &#! whereas another will just run at you and F*** you up.

I wan't to like Hydroid's first power, but it's so bloody inconsistant. I hate (and I mean, HATE) using his ult. Never bother with it. Sure, it grabs enemies, decent damage, they get stuck for the duration. But I hardly ever see more enemies get trapped during that time, even if they walk right through a swarm. Sure, pilfering swarm would be good, IF YOU COULD KILL WITH IT. The only things I like about him are his tidal surge for mobility and getting out of S#&$ty situations (but its really situational, and craching into walls is a pain) and his curative undertow for self and party healing, but that party member has to be standing still on the puddle, which has it's own problems when you're up against high-level enemies avoiding your already placed CC.

Edited by IANOBW

I know it's your opinion, but jeez... you need to give Chroma another try before you fake yourself into thinking his damage boosts are poor, he isn't useful as a tank and or has barely any CC...

This. Built him for defense and his occasional CC is what keeps me alive. Built him for tanking and I can facetank 40 min T4S while dealing craptons of damage.

He boosted an unranked furax to deal so much damage that even on pluto I was literally ripping enemies to shreds.

No frame is straight out "usless" OP

They're all proefficient at something in particular.

Frost is a defense proefficient frame , but is less effective for speed  related  mission types.

Ember is more of a hit and run , blast everything frame , but lacks endurance can't take much punishment

They're all made to complement each other , so no frame is usless 

@ Noitavino - lol. you do realize that what your saying aside from the rolling out of banish thing, depends on the Limbo player actually casting his abilities for good use and not for trolling right? And it also is dependent on the other player bringing the right frame (such as Mesa as you mentioned). If the player you are playing with just decides to troll then it's effin annoying. And Limbo is the king of troll frames.

Your response still doesn't answer my comment. How does anything you say prevent the actual player from trolling with Limbo. As I was saying, the fact that Limbo can be used to constantly troll others if the player chooses to do so renders him that honor.

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

No frame is straight out "usless" OP

They're all proefficient at something in particular.

Frost is a defense proefficient frame , but is less effective for speed  related  mission types.

Ember is more of a hit and run , blast everything frame , but lacks endurance can't take much punishment

They're all made to complement each other , so no frame is usless 

Least useful =/= useless.

Limbo. There's no realistic situation where he'd be needed unless Lotus randomly said, "Be an A****** to your teammates."

Hes ability to put warframes in rift, making them invulnerable, is unique and very useful. Also i like his bubble on defenses